GTP_WRS-Online : Special XVI - #GT300 Triple Mix Championship - Finale - 10 DEC: 2.4 hour endurance

• Thread starter GTP_Dutchy
  • 917 comments

GTP_Dutchy

WRS Steward
Premium
Netherlands
Somewhere in the cloud
GTP_Dutchy

full

full

full

full

Welcome to the WRS #GT300 championship

Here you will find all information you need to join the #GT300 championship.
This championship is based around the Triple Mix principle. Which means everybody gets to drive all the cars. For this championship we’ve selected 3 cars for you to use, which you get to know all about further down in this thread.

Before we dive deeper into the Triple Mix, let’s take a look at another new feature, the bracket system. The brackets are essentially a sort of mini championships within the bigger #GT300 championship. Each Bracket contains 3 events as you can see on the race calendar above. The driver scoring the most points within a bracket gets to be crowned as Bracket Champion. So by the end of the #GT300 Championship, we’ll have 3 (different) Bracket Champions next to the Overall Champion of the #GT300 Championship. We chose for this system for the people who can’t commit for 9 events but still want to participate.

Now, zooming in on the Triple Mix principle. Like mentioned before, everyone gets to drive all the cars. Each first event in a bracket (event #1, 4 & 7) consists of 3 sprint races with a duration of 20 minutes. Every driver will have to use each car in this event. So if a driver decides to go with a car for the first race of that event, the driver isn’t allowed to use that car in the second and third race of that event.

Every second event in a bracket (event #2, 5 & 8) contains 2 races and the last event in a bracket (event #3, 6 & 9) contains 1 race. A driver has to use all of the cars for these 3 events as well. So if a car is used in the first race of every second event it cannot be used again in the 2nd race or in the last event. This will make things a bit more tactical because the driver has to come up with a strategy when to use which car.

We understand that the system explained above might raise a few question. Please ask them in this thread, we are glad to help you with them.

We wish every one good luck and loads of fun!

Round 9 - Saturday 10 December 2016

16:00 PM Eastern / 13:00 PM Pacific / 21:00 GMT / Check Local

Last edited:

full

full
full
full

full

full

full

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid (SEE Lounge Splits BELOW).

Register Here

[dropbox]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46246500/specialGT6_016_reg.png[/dropbox]

(tables will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry, join now by following the GTP_WRS Registration!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (be sure to use the PSN that's listed in the registry)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.

The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:

• Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.
Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:

• Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)
Lounge Splits **Unique to this Event**

First, every driver that confirms their registration will be ranked using their handicap from the official registry.

Second, we will sort the confirmed drivers 90 minutes prior to the race and divide them up evenly. If there are an odd numbers of drivers the extra driver will be assigned to the A room. At that point the stewards convene and assign a director and supporting steward for each lobby. Then at about 50-60 minutes prior to the race the room #s and driver assignments will be published to the thread.

Reserves: Drivers with reserve status at 90 minutes prior to event start will not be included in the lobby assignments, but will be listed with their applicable handicap in a reserve list. They will have to request on the thread to be added to a lobby and the assignment will be at the discretion of the stewards. In that case handicap will be used as a guide, but there are no guarantees last minute confirms/entries will get the room you want and in some rare cases may not get to race at all (e.g. if the room split is such that there is two full rooms or if the new driver would create an additional room that wouldn't be supportable with the number of stewards available). Reserves will be handled on a first to request basis using the online race thread. Do not use the google form to confirm/register at the last minute, but use a thread post instead. If you are on reserve list or not listed at all in the lobby assignments do not join a room until instructed to do so.

Abuse: Because confirming guarantees you a grid spot it's important that nobody abuses the status. If you are fairly confident (80%) you are going to make the race sign up as confirmed ahead of time, but it's important you update your status as you get more information and for sure no later than 90 minutes prior to the race. At that point if you are not 99% sure you should be on reserve. This is a courtesy we ask, not only for the admins/stewards, but also for the benefit of other drivers that have accurately stated their status. We're going to use a three strike rule. A confirmed driver that "no shows" will receive 2 strikes. A confirmed driver that cancels less than 90 minutes of the race, but before race start will get 1 strike. Three strikes in any 8 week period and the driver risks being suspended from the online participation for 8 weeks. We know "stuff happens" and real life comes first so this allows some forgiveness, but we can't manage multiple rooms effectively if we don't know at least a bit ahead of time who is going to be showing up and we can't have people taking advantage of the system to guarantee their spot at the cost of someone else.

full

Last edited:
full

full

Official Practice Times

• Ad-hoc - participants can start rooms
  • Pre-Race: Lobby assignments will be posted ~1 hour prior to the official start time
Basic Settings
  • Room Mode: PQR = Practice, Qualify, Race
  • Room Privacy: GTP_WRS Club Only
Room Settings
  • Room Comment: #GT300 Championship
  • Room Type: Race for Real
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Max Number of Participants: 16 per lounge
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard
Course Settings
  • Course: Nurburgring 24H
  • No. of Laps: 144 minute timed race (Lobby set to 20 laps)
  • Weather: 0%
  • Weather Changeability: 0
  • Surface Water at Race Start: 0%
  • Time: 15:00
  • Time Progression: 10
Qualifier Settings
  • Qualifier Format: Race Alone
  • Time Limit: 10 mins Mins
  • Start Mode: Start from final corner
Race Settings
  • Hold Races Automatically: Disabled
  • Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
Car Selection Method
  • Car Selection Method: Garage
  • Car Filters: Disabled
  • PP Limit: 548 PP
  • Max Power Limit: 425 HP
  • Minimum Weight: 1152 kg
  • Drivetrain: FR, MR, 4WD
  • Tires: Racing Hard
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
  • Vehicle Tuning: Allowed
  • Custom Rims: N/A
  • Oil change: Allowed
  • Brake Balance Adjustment: Allowed
Limit Driving Options
  • Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Allowed
  • Driving Line: Allowed
  • Traction Control: Allowed
  • ABS: Allowed
  • Handbrake: Prohibited

Simulated Driver Change

There will be one mandated (simulated) driver change during the race which must take place in a specified time window. To simulate the change a driver will pause during a regular pit stop for 5 minutes. The time window is long enough that it will throw some interesting dynamics into the race and it will also allow the participants to take a small break during the race for a stretch, drink or a real life pit stop during this challenging event.

Specifics:

• To begin the simulated driver change enter the pits as normal during the driver change window (after lap 2 and before the last 2 laps in the race.)
  • Begin the pit stop as normal allowing AI to take over and then selecting tires and added fuel amount and select OK
  • After that screen is dismissed hit "Start" which will show the options buttons ("resume", "chat", "options" and "exit").
  • As long as you see those option buttons you will not be released from your pits. Do not click any buttons including chat or you will be released when you dismiss that screen.
  • The AI will drive the car into your pit stall and begin your normal pit stop. At this point you should be watching the race timer and the crew member with the release flag.
  • When the flag man RAISES the release lollipop, your 5 minute wait officially begins. So, that is AFTER the tire and fuel service is complete.
  • Note the race clock time (or current lap time) and write it down. Manually add 5 mins and write down this time which is when you can leave the pit.
  • Take a break, stretch, pat your dog and do whatever else makes you feel refreshed.
  • After the target time has been reached on the race timer hit start and proceed with the remainder of your race.
Driver Change Verification and Infractions:
  • All driver changes will be reviewed and penalties applied for improper execution before the results will become official.
  • If you do not serve the total 5 minutes a double time penalty will be applied to your finish time. e.g. if you serve only 4 minutes then 2 minutes will be added to your finish time.
  • If you accidentally leave the pits early you can avoid a penalty by returning to the pits and serving all of the remaining time on the *very next* lap.
  • Any driver that doesn't attempt a proper driver change will be DQ'd and removed from the official results.

Race End
checkered_flag_anim.gif

• At 2.4 hours (2:24:00.000 on the race clock) the "white" flag will be waved.
  • The first time the race leader passes the finish line after 2.4 hours the checkered flag is waved and the leader's race is over. I.e. the first lap completed after 2.4 hours completes the leaders race. After passing the start/finish line the leader should immediately slow to 50 mph / 80 kph and announce the checkered flag (press start and type "Checkered Flag"). No car should pass him at any time going forward. Any close finishes at the line will be reviewed with replay for the official results. Note: if in doubt, finish your lap and the results will be reviewed.
  • After the checkered flag is announced all drivers should complete their current lap and their race is finished when they next pass the finish line. They should line up behind the train of cars that have already finished moving at 50 mph / 80 kph. When the last car passes the start/finish line we will announce race end, then everyone should proceed to parc ferme located at the end of the Grand Prix track. We will then record the results and then allow everyone to exit track and save the replay.
  • If you are in the pits beyond the start/finish line when the leader takes the checkered flag you can complete your lap *only* if you can exit pit road before the leader passes the pit exit. You cannot past the leader on the parade lap.

Championship Points

full

full

Track Boundary Guidelines

Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. Mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if a pattern of boundary abuse is observed penalties will be handed out which include 15 seconds for a "minor" pattern of abuse, 30 seconds for a "substantial" pattern of abuse, and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries. In cases where penalties may not impact the driver (e.g. DC), the penalty may be carried over to the next event and may be applied as a 5 (minor) or 10 (major) grid spot penalty.
It's up to the admins' discretion exactly what qualifies as "minor", "substantial" or "complete disregard". Going outside the rumble by a centimeter isn't as serious as a car length wide excursions into the run off area. Factors such as dirty air and traffic also come into play. If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.

General Guidelines:

• Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification. This includes pit entry/exit.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track.
  • If you overrun boundaries by accident, lift momentarily to make sure you don't gain any advantage.
  • Do not complete a pass that was made possible by going outside track boundaries.
Track Specific Guidelines:
  • TBD

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team :gtplanet:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
full

Bracket 1

Round 1 - Red Bull Ring

Round1.png

Round 2 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Round2.png

Standings2.png

Round 3 - Silverstone Grand Prix

Round3.png

Bracket Final Result

Standings3.png

Bracket 2

Round 4 - Mount Panorama Racing Circuit (Bathurst)

Round4.png

Standings4bracket.png

Standings4.png

Round 5 - Fuji Speedway F

Round5.png

Standings5bracket.png

Standings5.png

Round 6 - Suzuka Circuit 2014

Round6_results.PNG

bracket2_standings.PNG

championship standings.PNG

Bracket 3

Round 7 - Spa-Francorchamps

Round7.png

Standings7bracket.png

Standings7.png

Round 8 - Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 (Le Mans)

Round8.PNG

Standings8bracket.png

Standings8.png

Round 9 - Nürburgring 24h 2.4 hour Enduro

Championship Standings

Standings8.png

full

Bracket 1

Bracket 1 Highlights

Full length race reports
Bracket 1:
Event 1 - Red Bull Ring - Race 1

Event 1 - Red Bull Ring - Race 2

Event 1 - Red Bull Ring - Race 3

Event 2 - Monza - Race 1

Event 2 - Monza - Race 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgN_t-2-sTI

full

Bracket 2

Full length race reports
Bracket 2:
Event 4 - Bathurst - Race 1

Event 4 - Bathurst - Race 2

Event 4 - Bathurst - Race 3

Event 5 - Fuji F - Race 1

Event 5 - Fuji F - Race 2

full

Bracket 3

Full length race reports
Bracket 3:

Event 7 - Spa-Francorchamps - Race 1

Event 7 - Spa-Francorchamps - Race 2

Event 7 - Spa-Francorchamps - Race 3

Event 8 - Le Mans - Race 1

Event 8 - Le Mans - Race 2

So now instead of only tuning one car we have to tune 3 cars for round 1, and 2 cars for round 2? :crazy:

last time you did this (moff's tripple mix part deux) I dominated it, and I remember it as one of the most fun races I ever done, ofcourse I'm in! I just hope the servers will be co-operating! :)

So now instead of only tuning one car we have to tune 3 cars for round 1, and 2 cars for round 2? :crazy:
Yes, is'nt it fun? :P
Once you've sorted out the base tune, the setups are all sorted out in less than an hour. and it takes an hour to get up to speed anyway, so the way I look at it, just show up an hour early, and do practice/setup there. :)

last time you did this (moff's tripple mix part deux) I dominated it, and I remember it as one of the most fun races I ever done, ofcourse I'm in! I just hope the servers will be co-operating! :)

Yes, is'nt it fun? :P
Once you've sorted out the base tune, the setups are all sorted out in less than an hour. and it takes an hour to get up to speed anyway, so the way I look at it, just show up an hour early, and do practice/setup there. :)
I'm not the type who likes to work a lot :P Not sure whether I can do this anyway, as on Sundays I'm busy. Wish I could take part in this though, if I find the time.

Interested in this for sure! I cannot commit to every single Sunday, but I would like to race when I can! Maybe put me down as a keen reserve :)

With my degree, work and the Euro GT500 I'm not sure if I have the time but I will keep an eye on this thread and if a reserve drive pops up when I'm free I will gladly race Pasm.

I'm not the type who likes to work a lot :P Not sure whether I can do this anyway, as on Sundays I'm busy. Wish I could take part in this though, if I find the time.

Interested in this for sure! I cannot commit to every single Sunday, but I would like to race when I can! Maybe put me down as a keen reserve :)

You both can sign up for the races you can make. Thats what the bracket system is for.

I feel like I should do this. I don't know though. :confused:

If you feel like participating and can make some of the dates then imho there are no more reasons why you shouldnt compete.

rooms filling up :) If numbers are high will there be more rooms ,also how will they be split?

lol ok i just learnt to read !!!

Last edited:
Still recovering from a big surgery and running only with my right leg, but is time to be back to have some great fun with a great group of racers (GTP-WRS) Just to let you know, I been for long time with a heavy pain in my left knee, always trying to avoid my 4 surgery, but I have to do that, everything looks good for now, this is a picture of the implant that I have greetings to all :cheers:
IMG_4469.JPG IMG_4519.JPG

Last edited:
full

full

full

full

Welcome to the WRS #GT300 championship

Here you will find all information you need to join the #GT300 championship.
This championship is based around the Triple Mix principle. Which means everybody gets to drive all the cars. For this championship we’ve selected 3 cars for you to use, which you get to know all about further down in this thread.

Before we dive deeper into the Triple Mix, let’s take a look at another new feature, the bracket system. The brackets are essentially a sort of mini championships within the bigger #GT300 championship. Each Bracket contains 3 events as you can see on the race calendar above. The driver scoring the most points within a bracket gets to be crowned as Bracket Champion. So by the end of the #GT300 Championship, we’ll have 3 (different) Bracket Champions next to the Overall Champion of the #GT300 Championship. We chose for this system for the people who can’t commit for 9 events but still want to participate.

Now, zooming in on the Triple Mix principle. Like mentioned before, everyone gets to drive all the cars. Each first event in a bracket (event #1, 4 & 7) consists of 3 sprint races with a duration of 20 minutes. Every driver will have to use each car in this event. So if a driver decides to go with a car for the first race of that event, the driver isn’t allowed to use that car in the second and third race of that event.

Every second event in a bracket (event #2, 5 & 8) contains 2 races and the last event in a bracket (event #3, 6 & 9) contains 1 race. A driver has to use all of the cars for these 3 events as well. So if a car is used in the first race of every second event it cannot be used again in the 2nd race or in the last event. This will make things a bit more tactical because the driver has to come up with a strategy when to use which car.

We understand that the system explained above might raise a few question. Please ask them in this thread, we are glad to help you with them.

We wish every one good luck and loads of fun!

Fantastic idea and great job mate :bowdown:

Not sure if it's a typo or I'm just being slack , but I can't get the scooby or lexus to those bhps without a turbo , 418 bhp and 408 bhp as they stand with s3 tuning and no power limiter .
Also in the car selection in the post after , 333 bhp has been put as max power limit .

Edit : never mind, I skipped the oil , so a PD oil change gives you 20 bhp ... that's just stupid lol ..

Last edited:
Not sure if it's a typo or I'm just being slack , but I can't get the scooby or lexus to those bhps without a turbo , 418 bhp and 408 bhp as they stand with s3 tuning and no power limiter .
Also in the car selection in the post after , 333 bhp has been put as max power limit .

Edit : never mind, I skipped the oil , so a PD oil change gives you 20 bhp ... that's just stupid lol ..

PD had some special Chuck Norris oil :P

Latest Posts

Back