GTP_WRS-Online : Week 128 Online Races - Toyota Toge

• Thread starter EDK
  • 80 comments
I'm going to have to pull out of WW unfortunately just remembered girlfriends birthday is tomorrow! Better keep the evening free I think to be on the safe side :rolleyes:

Still on for EU though 👍

Just been and tested online and my connection is great now!
thumbup.gif

I will be there tonight.. looking forward to it :cheers:

Lobby open for practice. Friends only, if you're not on my list send an invite.

Well that was fun.. Enjoy guys! fek that as they say in Ireland 👍

I shouldn't have lifted to let Jeff pass after turn 1 and that stampede wouldn't have happened.. ah well that's just how it is I rage quit due to being too nice :P maybe another time 👍

Last edited:

I shouldn't have lifted to let Jeff pass after turn 1 and that stampede wouldn't have happened.. ah well that's just how it is I rage quit due to being too nice :P maybe another time 👍
Sorry, Ron. I tried to back out as much as I could, but then got a big run in turn 2.

Sounds like @roamer2629 had pedal issues, first time presenting. So he also had to quit, and was the likely cause of your incident. A lot of bad luck.

Hope you can still make EU. There's a lot of time to make up issues in 17 laps.

Didn't know it was go on green got use to formation lap lol
carnage going up the hill helped get a couple of places back was keeping up with Edk , hobbie and roamer got to the back straight then roamer quit leaving me with no tow :(
tried to catch back up to them but was losing time . then with tyre wear i got caught ..
No idear how to save enough fuel for one stop had to splash n go ..

Was fun thanks all @EDK for hosting

Didn't know it was go on green got use to formation lap lol
carnage going up the hill helped get a couple of places back was keeping up with Edk , hobbie and roamer got to the back straight then roamer quit leaving me with no tow :(
tried to catch back up to them but was losing time . then with tyre wear i got caught ..
No idear how to save enough fuel for one stop had to splash n go ..

Was fun thanks all @EDK for hosting
I dont think anyone did a 1 stop. Best to pit on lap 6 and 12 and fuel the car for 6 laps at a time.

That was good. 2nd stint I was doing some fuel saving in sjaak's slip stream, dial decided to act up starting down the mountain and I went wobbly while trying to adjust it. Lost 2 spots in the process and was stuck on fuel map 6 :mad:
In trying to run down the cars ahead my fuel strategy went straight out the window. Still had to get a splash to make it.:crazy:
Some really good racing even at the back of the field.

:cheers:

It was a minor incident and I wasn’t mad, I was hoping you kept in it, but I saw that you slowed down and it was too late after that. I was a nervous wreck when I first started online racing, takes a bit of getting use to

EDK
Sorry, Ron. I tried to back out as much as I could, but then got a big run in turn 2.

Sounds like @roamer2629 had pedal issues, first time presenting. So he also had to quit, and was the likely cause of your incident. A lot of bad luck.

Hope you can still make EU. There's a lot of time to make up issues in 17 laps.
Thanks for a fun race and thanks for hosting @EDK

@Mysteron71 sorry for the bump but tryed to avoid @roamer2629 when i realiced you vere there i turned back to leve you room an a half of sek later roamer came back from the left and hit me in the front and that send me in to you and the wall. Hope you will give it a try next thursday.

@EDK next thursday you will not take my pit strategy i will not allow that

Last edited:
That was some fun racing last night!:D

Was prepared to have a lonesome race due to the track length and N100 car but in the contradery,
I was in a nice race pack with guys on a different pit strategy which made it a very exciting race.

Start was a bit hectic with the front guys going three wide hill up after the first straight,losing some speed making the back runners to go off the throttle.
After the chaos going up steep hill I was last but that enabled me to stay in the slipstream and save some fuel for my extra lap I needed for a one stopper.
did my stop and was lucky to get just in front of the pack :sly:

Full throttle to the finish with map on 1 :)

It was a minor incident and I wasn’t mad, I was hoping you kept in it, but I saw that you slowed down and it was too late after that. I was a nervous wreck when I first started online racing, takes a bit of getting use to

Yeah I lifted and chaos ensued.. It has genuinely put me off for good that hard lesson.. I'm sticking to hotlapping and TT's ... I will maybe join select others in private testing rooms occasionally? but as for racing with the divisional masses!! not a chance I do that again.. no manners or brakes anywhere apart from my car it seemed I was too busy trying to avoid contact with people and just became a moving wall for the over eager :lol:

Thanks again and no need to keep me on the list for the remaining races as I wont be attending them :)

Have fun guys :cheers:

Yeah I lifted and chaos ensued.. It has genuinely put me off for good that hard lesson.. I'm sticking to hotlapping and TT's ... I will maybe join select others in private testing rooms occasionally? but as for racing with the divisional masses!! not a chance I do that again.. no manners or brakes anywhere apart from my car it seemed I was too busy trying to avoid contact with people and just became a moving wall for the over eager :lol:

Thanks again and no need to keep me on the list for the remaining races as I wont be attending them :)

Hope you come back you are realy fast on all tracks and love your smalle sector videos and i know we can lern alot from your driving and we can only se that in the online races :cheers::bowdown::bowdown:

I watched the stream, and admittedly I haven't looked at it closesly, or from different cars, but from what i remember it did look like an unfortunate chain of events rather than anything overly dirty, but sometimes that's the way it is with racing no matter what the series, sim racing and IRL.

The multiclass races the last 2 weeks were brilliantly clean, and IMO the odd contact or even occasional multi car pileup is a price well worth paying for the fun of proper racing with a good group of people.

Although I will always love hotlapping so totally get it if you prefer to stick to that, but I think you will be missing out on some really good racing if you do and that would be a shame.

Edit - just to be clear though this is off memory from one cars onboard

I'm too used to having the track to myself.. I don't have the ability to not lift when approaching another driver, makes for a bad combination when the drivers behind don't drive with the same standards as me haha and 3 wide in a turn to boot :P I'm not bitter and moving on now... I'm just old and grumpy and not interested in online racing anymore 👍 I'll stick to WRS hotlapping ;)

Have fun racing guys! Enjoy :cheers:

Hey guys sorry but I can't make it tomorrow :(
Was gonna go into work late but that's not an option now :grumpy:
Hope Y'all have fun racing I look forward to watching the replays :cheers:

Reactions: EDK
Race room up
id 0475-4383-6206-8496-2884
Umm, are we correct on the time of day here? I think this should start in 1 hour 45, same time of day as our Weekend events have been.

I am a bit doubtful for today. I have a meeting that's on calendar until 15 mins after race start. If it ends early, I might make it.

EDK
Umm, are we correct on the time of day here? I think this should start in 1 hour 45, same time of day as our Weekend events have been.

I am a bit doubtful for today. I have a meeting that's on calendar until 15 mins after race start. If it ends early, I might make it.
You are right i was 1 hour earlier to put up the room only to get it all to work before you all join

Reactions: EDK
Back