:: GTP_Weekly Race Series ::

gtpdk9.jpg

Week 06 Results

Multiple Car Choice Event

aapb210044py0.jpg

Road Course - Daytona

aaaaaapb210084qg2.jpg

Stewards Comments:
Congrats to GTP_D.Holland,GTP_MARSHALL,GTP_grevling,GTP_phantom and GTP_bigracer,all winners of their division.

Thank you all for a great turnout for WRS Week 06, 30 drivers in total. 👍 👍 👍

Sorry for the delay,due to powers we have no controll over.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1

1---2'06.472---GTP_DHolland---audi
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'07.490---GTP_Luxy---audi
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'07.550---GTP_Wayne---audi
gflagjn4.gif

4---2'07.834---GTP_Stotty---audi
5---2'07.951---GTP_Manuelos---audi

Division 2

1---2'08.130---GTP_MARSHALL---audi
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'08.251---GTP_hyperuk---audi
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'08.264---GTP_Vaxen---audi
gflagjn4.gif

4---2'08.331---GTP_EDK---audi
gflagjn4.gif

5---2'08.368---GTP_Racer_LP---honda
6---2'08.512---GTP_RussRobit---honda
gflagjn4.gif

7---2'08.901---GTP_finbaek---audi
8---2.08.979---GTP_Fuzzy---honda
9---2'09.237---GTP_wotzit07---honda
10--2'10.293---GTP_Don---mustang

Division 3

1---2'08.553---GTP_grevling---audi
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'08.733---GTP_Denur---honda
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'08.743---GTP_01GTP---honda
gflagjn4.gif

4---2'08.997---GTP_BobElHat---audi
5---2'09.005---GTP_MadMax86---audi---* Not yet a division confirmed *
6---2'09.578---GTP_chupacabrito---
7---2'09.696---GTP_gtbadboy---audi
8---2'09.838---GTP_Donk---audi

Division 4

1---2'09.004---GTP_phantom---audi
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'09.887---GTP_RB26DETT---audi
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'09.984---GTP_Lagas---honda
gflagjn4.gif

4---2'10.142---GTP_Nuclearfire---audi
5---2'11.026---GTP_Sureshot---honda
6---2'12.102---GTP_Im_Sorry---audi

Division 5

1---2'13.390---GTP_Bigracer---audi
gflagjn4.gif

Overall:

3---2'07.550---GTP_Wayne---audi
4---2'07.834---GTP_Stotty---audi
5---2'07.951---GTP_Manuelos---audi
6---2'08.130---GTP_MARSHALL---audi
7---2'08.251---GTP_hyperuk---audi
8---2'08.264---GTP_Vaxen---audi
9---2'08.331---GTP_EDK---audi
10--2'08.368---GTP_Racer_LP---honda
11--2'08.512---GTP_RussRobit---honda
12--2'08.553---GTP_grevling---audi
13--2'08.733---GTP_Denur---honda
14--2'08.743---GTP_01GTP---honda
15--2'08.901---GTP_finbaek---audi
16--2.08.979---GTP_Fuzzy---honda
17--2'08.997---GTP_BobElHat---audi
18--2'09.004---GTP_phantom---audi
19--2'09.005---GTP_MadMax86---audi
20--2'09.237---GTP_wotzit07---honda
21--2'09.578---GTP_chupacabrito---
22--2'09.696---GTP_gtbadboy---audi
23--2'09.838---GTP_Donk---audi
24--2'09.887---GTP_RB26DETT---audi
25--2'09.984---GTP_Lagas---honda
26--2'10.142---GTP_Nuclearfire---audi
27--2'10.293---GTP_Don---mustang
28--2'11.026---GTP_Sureshot---honda
29--2'12.102---GTP_Im_Sorry---audi
30--2'13.390---GTP_Bigracer---audi

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:
  1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited:
Congrats to all Div specific winners! 👍

And congrats to GTP_phantom for beating my time by one ‰ :D

the closest battle in overall rankings 👍

Congrats to the winners. :cheers:

My replay (NTSC-disc version):

Attachments

• GTP_Vaxen_WRS05.zip
    127 KB · Views: 14
Very interesting - looks like the Divisions are getting finalized well since no one in a division below has a podium worthy time in the division above. I'm also surprised at the amount of Audi's used - the first thing I did was look at the Top 10 for all 3 cars online and I thought the Honda had the fastest lap in the 2'03.xxx range which was a full 2 seconds ahead of the best Audi time of 2'05.xxx (maybe I have those numbers wrong though).

Great work all and congrats to the winners!

I'm also surprised at the amount of Audi's used - the first thing I did was look at the Top 10 for all 3 cars online and I thought the Honda had the fastest lap in the 2'03.xxx range which was a full 2 seconds ahead of the best Audi time of 2'05.xxx (maybe I have those numbers wrong though).

This comment applies to everyone, not just you.

Having participated in many WRS events, I have to say events like this are some of my favorites. The Honda made the splits really interesting, since being ahead at the last split meant very little at the line.

The FIRST thing I did was test all cars to determine my own potential in each. I figured out right away that the gearing in the Mustang made it pretty much useless, but still interesting. The other 2 cars came down to driving style.

Everyone should take advantage of these situations. I was a little faster in the Audi than the Honda. But I kept going back to the Honda, just to make sure. Don't ever assume that just because one person is faster in a car, that you will be faster.

Linpark, you're a good racer, and you've improved a lot since the first time I raced you. But you should take more stock in your own performance than that of others.

Finally, congrats to the tops and podiums. Seems I missed my podium narrowly. :banghead: But I'll still get my replay in here, it's been too long since I posted one. :ouch:

Merry Christmas to all!!

:cheers:
Kevin

A big congratulations to all the podium finishes and also to everybody who managed to participate :cheers: .

I spent hour after hour to acheive my time and I'm truly happy with it and I personally couldn't acheive a faster time. Some times from this WRS are simply astounding :crazy: .

Congratulations and welldone to all :) .

Interesting choices on the cars. Just the one Mustang, Audi being the most successful. I was comfortably quicker in the Honda than the Audi, really struggled to get the right line at the right hand hairpin before you go back up onto the oval. Enjoyed it though, despite coming 5th in D4, I learnt the a fair bit of the track. Definitely going to go back and spend more time there, that and Eiger Nordwand, for sheer fact they are new to GT series, means I don't know them that well.

Well done to the winners. :cheers:

Congrats to all the division winners, seems like we need a special division for GTP_DHolland who beats everyone by a full second, really impressive:tup:
Did a 02.07.9** in the audi, a 02.08.0** in the honda and a 02.08.3** in the mustang.
Liked this combo, hope there will be more like this in the future:tup:

Congrats to all, I really did not think I would make the podium this week, Here's my replay. :)

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    132.4 KB · Views: 12
Congrats to all (real) podiums of which I am obviously not one. Here's my replay, hoping this one is cleaner than last week :nervous:

Attachments

• PS3.rar
    123.2 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for checking buddy, 👍 I just tried to watch Bigracer's lap with no joy, :dunce:
After extracting the files, rename the folder "bigracer wrs 06" to "BCES00104-RPLY2-B-85951B71002". Then you should be able to watch his replay. I don't have time today to do it myself. :)

After extracting the files, rename the folder "bigracer wrs 06" to "BCES00104-RPLY2-B-85951B71002". Then you should be able to watch his replay. I don't have time today to do it myself. :)

Ok, im on it. 👍

Edit, Replay from GTP_Bigracer: clean + correct specs. 👍

Last edited:
PHP:
Congratatulations to holl01 for putting in the fastest lap.
As for his own division......its been discussed in the past. :mischievous: not happening.

Congrats to all division winners and podiums as well.

I spent many hours (12+) on this past combo and enjoyed them all.
The Audi was more difficult to drive for me. Like EDK said its up to the individual's driving which car is fastest for them.
I wanted a time in the 2'08's and I got it so I'm happy with my time.

Here is my replay. Its my first time and I think I have it correct.
Now if I knew the procedure to watch replays, that would be great. :dunce:
Just missing something in the zipping/unzipping department. Anywho.

Attachments

• BCUS98158-RPLY2-B-85951B71008.zip
    125.6 KB · Views: 12
Congratulations to all podium winners! :cheers:
I guess I didn't spend enough time testing with the 3 cars. After an hour or so I found I had my best time with the Honda, so I stuck with it and ended up with the second fastest Honda just .144 behind Racer_Lp. Nice run Racer.:cheers:
Here's my replay.

Attachments

• RussRobitWRS06.zip
    129.9 KB · Views: 12
GTP_01GTP Correct specs and clean.👍

GTP_01GTP you should leave the replay folder inside the ps3/savedata folders when zipping or unzipping as this is how the ps3 will find it. Another helpful thing I do, is to use a clean flash drive, this helps to avoid any confusion with other files. I also log on to an altenate user so I don't have to worry about duplicate file names when trying to copy to the ps3.
Hope this helps.

Russ

Last edited:
Fun to win my div!!(my first:)
The guys in div 1 are amazing:tup:
Her is my replay(pal)

Attachments

• WRS 6.zip
    124.8 KB · Views: 10
As promised, my replay is attached. (NTSC Blue Ray version).

I'm going to check some replays now, will grab all that are here and give a second green to those that have already been checked. 👍

Attachments

• EDK_GTP_WRS_Wk6_NTSC Disk.zip
    128.7 KB · Views: 11
Wow !

Did'nt think i'd get it judging by the last splits posted.

Close times again. Well done to all. And to the Division winners and podium placed racers.

Heres my run.

NTSC Japanese version.

Attachments

• BCJS30017-RPLY2-B-85951B71003.zip
    125.6 KB · Views: 11
This is my first time at the top of my division!
I first tried all three cars, for about a half hour each. Then I chose my fastest timed car to spend more time on, the Audi TT. I spent 3 days, about 2 hours a day, to get a time I was happy with. I knew the track well, from racing online last spring.

--------------------
Congrats to all Div specific winners! 👍

And congrats to GTP_phantom for beating my time by one ‰ :D

the closest battle in overall rankings 👍

It doesn't get any closer that that...maybe the width of a bumper?
GTP_phantom: 2'09.004
GTP_MadMax86: 2'09.005
------------------
My replay, NTSC:

Attachments

• GTP_phantomWRS week 6.zip
    128.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
OK - Got the replay checking business out of the way. :crazy:

2---2'08.251---GTP_hyperuk---audi
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'08.264---GTP_Vaxen---audi
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

6---2'08.512---GTP_RussRobit---honda
gflagjn4.gif

1---2'08.553---GTP_grevling---audi
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'08.743---GTP_01GTP---honda
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

1---2'09.004---GTP_phantom---audi
gflagjn4.gif

Great work by everyone and some tight driving all around. 👍

Kevin

EDK
This comment applies to everyone, not just you.

Having participated in many WRS events, I have to say events like this are some of my favorites. The Honda made the splits really interesting, since being ahead at the last split meant very little at the line.

The FIRST thing I did was test all cars to determine my own potential in each. I figured out right away that the gearing in the Mustang made it pretty much useless, but still interesting. The other 2 cars came down to driving style.

Everyone should take advantage of these situations. I was a little faster in the Audi than the Honda. But I kept going back to the Honda, just to make sure. Don't ever assume that just because one person is faster in a car, that you will be faster.

Linpark, you're a good racer, and you've improved a lot since the first time I raced you. But you should take more stock in your own performance than that of others.

Finally, congrats to the tops and podiums. Seems I missed my podium narrowly. :banghead: But I'll still get my replay in here, it's been too long since I posted one. :ouch:

Merry Christmas to all!!

Kevin

Sadly I had a business trip and a vacation lined up that gave me just 4 hours to play around with this one - I did exactly what you said first - about 2 to 3 laps in all three cars and noted my best time. I knew the Mustang wouldn't cut it based on that even though it was the most relaxing drive around the track of any of the cars. I suspected the Audi would be best given its AWD capability but something kept telling me the Honda was the way to go. Like I said, I peaked at the Top 10 online times and then stayed with the Honda for the last hour - I wasn't even within 4 secs of the last split time on the leader board so I just gave up at that point.

I appreciate the comments Kevin - I've been at this for quite a few months and it has been very rewarding and more importantly FUN! Honestly, I think my driving style/capability is SO different than anyone elses that I will always need to find what works best for me in every single event. :)

Congrats again to all who took the time to enter and just as importantly the folks who put this together for us!

A really enjoyable race this was, and congratulations to all podium finishers, i hope this is the correct replay, should be:tup:

Attachments

• race6 2'06.472.zip
    126.2 KB · Views: 14
Now if I knew the procedure to watch replays, that would be great. :dunce:
Just missing something in the zipping/unzipping department. Anywho.

Here's the way I do it ( maybe too much detail, but it can't hurt )...
1. download file XXX.zip and unzip it.
2. Now you have a file called XXX
3. Rename XXX to add " .zip " to the end of it...renamed to " XXX.zip "
4. Unzip the file you just renamed.
5. Now you have a folder called XXX
6. Open the folder XXX, and you will see a folder called PS3
7. Copy folder PS3 to your flash drive
8. Copy flash drive to "saved data utility"
9. Start GT5P, and you can view it from home screen " replay ".

Congrats to all the podium finishers 👍 👍 👍 And special thanks to Sjaak for a great combo. I had a ton of fun with this one.

Here's my (PAL Blu-Ray) replay:

Attachments

• GTP_Luxy_WRS_006.zip
    130.7 KB · Views: 10
2 more replays checked. Both used the same line entering the bus stop that I did. I thoroughly checked my own by parking my car just in bounds and watching my ghost go by to the trackside. So I'm confident that while they are close to the edge, they are both clean. 👍

gflagjn4.gif

gflagjn4.gif

REALLY smooth driving in the infield from both. Watching Dan's lap, it was not at all apparent that he was that much faster. It was just perfect driving. :eek:

Last edited:
Back