GTP_WRS Week 08 : Citroen C4 @ Eiger Nordwand

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 99 comments
I found the Corvette's good to chase, also the California.

1'22.648

Really struggling to hit consistent T1 times though. I'm focusing too much on apex speed rather than exit speed, it's hurting those times.

Question:

I've turned ABS off for the first time in the WRS and I'm a lot quicker, but I can be quicker, especially into the hairpin at the end. Barring in mind I'm on a DS3, how can I stop it locking up? I'm losing a chunk of time into the final corner. Alter the brake balance settings? Or do I just need to not be on 100% brakes?

Question:

I've turned ABS off for the first time in the WRS and I'm a lot quicker, but I can be quicker, especially into the hairpin at the end. Barring in mind I'm on a DS3, how can I stop it locking up? I'm losing a chunk of time into the final corner. Alter the brake balance settings? Or do I just need to not be on 100% brakes?

I personally would set the brake balance at like an 8 front / 7 rear and then only use 95% of the brakes. My ABS has been a 1 since I started and I'm seriously considering turning it off completely - now you've given me something to try tonight so I hope it improves my time.

Well its seems this week is being a great hit. it's just like GT Academy again but with a car with loads of grip, its great to nail your right foot so early.

Thanks to a great sjaak tune, I can't tune for......! But i've changed the brake balance to 3/5 and ABS 5.

I've manged second best of 1'21.724

I can't wait to see the time DHolland etc get they will be sooo fast!!

I personally would set the brake balance at like an 8 front / 7 rear and then only use 95% of the brakes. My ABS has been a 1 since I started and I'm seriously considering turning it off completely - now you've given me something to try tonight so I hope it improves my time.

I think the ABS can vary a lot as to whether it's needed. Based on driving style, circuit, type of car, etc. Without ABS here, I don't think I'd be getting much below a mid 1'23.

I agree with sureshot. Based on driving style, circuit, type of car, depends on how i set the brake balance and ABS. A track like this I like low front brake and a wee higher rear with mid ABS. It seems to let me stop for the hairpins but keep some momentum through them. I think having lower front brake lets the front wheels do their job of steering, having higher rear gives that almost hand brake feel but not.

I sure better drivers may disgree with me on this one. So if they do I'll eat me santa hat :ill:

Only other thing I'd request is a faster load time or some kind of option to bypass the rolling start camera sequence.

Once you cross the start/finish line hit your start button and the restart option will appear.

It will show the lap time and you'll know whether or not to restart or save that race.

Talk about stressed AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!

I have been consistantly hitted 39.7xxx at T1 and have even managed a 39.6xxx but I'm losing all my time at the last right hander.

New second faster time 1'22.571.

Last edited:
Once you cross the start/finish line hit your start button and the restart option will appear.

It will show the lap time and you'll know whether or not to restart or save that race.

Yeah, I guess what I was trying to say is I am tired of watching the little 5 second clip that leads up to the start for each race. Kinda lazy but after the 100th time I've wasted like 500 seconds of my life. :)

New second best of ...

1'24.210

and a first best quite good to me anyways :)

Board updated.
|
|
|
V

New lap time.

1'23.321

EDIT:

1'22.950

Last edited:
I am having a problem with not being able to use a draft. As I lower the AI they are too slow in the corners so it slows me down. As I raise the AI to where they aren't slowing me down in the corners I can't keep up in the straights so I am not getting much of a draft. Also I seem to get behind a Tamora a lot and they are really slow in the hairpins. I might have one more chance but it doesn't look to hopeful. Too bad because this one really rewards you when you put the time in to find a good line up. I am really liking this car too.

Second best lap:
1'23.936

I am having a problem with not being able to use a draft.

Have you tried a higher AI setting with a harder tire compound?
If not, try it.
You can set their tires at say....R3 front/R1 rear or whatever slows them enough for the uphill draft but fast enough through the downhill esses.

I was behind an F40 set at 80 with R2/R1 front and rear.
Almost perfect as I was on his bumper at the bridge and a little draft into the tunnel.

I think my best change was in the gearing. I think the final is 4.100 with a change in 3rd and 4th gears for acceleration.

I'm using R1's front and rear for added hp.

The last section of rights fells sweet when you get it correct, brake hard and accel all the way through to the finish.
Kinda the same way Sjaak talked about the righthander after the tunnel, sweet.

I found a few more tenth, 2nd best:

1'21.872

As I'll be away from a PS3 for the next few weeks, I'm submitting now. Merry X-mas and a happy New Year! :)

Hopefully I won't have to much of a jetlag to put in some laps for week 10. :dopey:

Second fast time is down to 1'21.470.

AI @ 69

Most of my runs have been with the AI at 69 also - but my time isn't quite as low as yours - guess that's why you got promoted. :sly:

It's a very fine line with this one - if you set it up to be quick through the first part, you'll lose that time in the last part. The replays on these should be fun but I'm hoping people post their setups when we're all done - to me, alot of these WRS events that allow tuning come down to just that - setting up the car properly for the best run around the entire track.

Last edited:
I'm just using sjaak tune with a wee chnage to the brake balance and ABS thats all. See earlier post for settings. I think the key is getting the right car to chase and making sure it doesn't get in your way in the corners but draft it down the straight with the bridge and then up the hill. I'm using AL on 79.

New Second fastest lap 1'21.455 and I'm getting my G25 tomorrow!!! :)

1'21.863,

New second best lap,
I am glad I broke the 1'22 barrier,gives the citizen courage to go on.:)

For this lap I saw a splitime of 39.8 but I know when all the hairpins are nailed the split can be faster.
Most time gained for now is in the last section of the track.

I never thought the drafting would influence this race so much.
My main concern was that everybody could have a clean ai run by racing inbetween them.

So we have no the capabilities of the racer,the tune and draftforce what makes the final time.

Interesting :D

Happy Christmas everyone and :cheers:

Last edited:
nice one RussRobit 👍 :)

thought I had that top spot but you've got me again!!

Any tips for me? Is it your own tune or sjaak's?

As I'll be away from a PS3 for the next few weeks, I'm submitting now. Merry X-mas and a happy New Year!
Good travels.
I promised Marc to upload his replay while he is abroad, so please remind me if I forget to do so in case he makes it to the podium :)

nice one RussRobit 👍 :)

thought I had that top spot but you've got me again!!

Any tips for me? Is it your own tune or sjaak's?

I have the AI@69 and I'm using the Tuned Skyline as my draft partner.
My tune is one I made myself but I took the hint about using different tires from sjaak. It's still a wip but you're welcome to try it.
Stay in between the white lines out of the dirt.
Trail brake into the turns.
Slightly late apex on the tight turns and power out just before apex.
The sweeper at the back, trail brake in, keep it tight on the white line power out about half way around.
Full throttle through the s after the tunnel with a slight swedish flick when the suspension loads up in the dip, but not enough to break loose.
Take the last sweeper wide so you can power through to the finish.
That's the way I see it anyway.
Good luck!

Power +13
Weight 85%
Tires r3 r2
Ride Height -48 -48
Spring 5 5
Damper 3 4
Toe -0.06 +10
Camber 1.1 0.8
Brake 5 5
Turn angle 46
TC off
ABS off
Gears
final 5.490

Thanks Russ 👍👍👍

I'll try that one tomorrow once I get my new G25 setup from santa, but can't guarantee beating your second fastest lap.Too many beers tonight to try some more laps.

My best laps inculde trying to keep it tight on the long sweeper at the bottom before putting the power on and full through the s after the tunnel. But I do find there is a funny unloading sometimes mid way through it with sjaak tune. Keeping out the dirt is a must on this one. I'm sure I'm loosing time on the last right hander I can never seem to get the braking and line right. I kinda use a brake, roll, power method in the first few turns.

And the Skyline Coupe/tuned is my car to chase with AI 79!!

Merry Christmas you guys :) Rumour has it Santa mght be bringing me a G25 this year... the only fix being he'll send me a bill afterwards. But what the hey, its about time.

Anyhoo, a marginal improvement today due to Christmas adrenaline I'm sure:

1'22.855

Y'all enjoy your various celebrations :)

merry Christmass to you all too. :)

Just say I had to order mine for my partner so she could wrap it up and I'll probably end up paying for it in some sort of way too!

Back