GTP_WRS Week 1: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 205 comments
Folks use the post in the link below to help determine what still needs checking whilst the Admin team resolve the issues with the board.

I'll try to keep it as up to date as possible. Check the counter at the foot of the post to see the last post that I have captured and please note the suggestion from @GTP_Dutchy if you watch a replay hit the like button (doesn't mean you like it just that it's been viewed)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-1-unofficial-results.370783/page-3#post-12096086

Hi,

Deux_Miles
greenflag-gif.152575
could you please repost the green flag together with my correct PSN-ID Deux_Milles?

Thanks!
D.

[QUOTE="Argon, post: 12096440, member: 213194"

rick-918-bmx
redflag-gif.152574
[/QUOTE]

I checked it and this is a 'crtical place' like we used to have on some tracks in other GT versions.
If you try to make a photo of it there appears to be a distance between boarding an car but the are flying sparkles all over the place

GTP_randy
greenflag-gif.152575

@Rikson I'll be more than happy to be overridden on this but it clearly states in the rules for these runs

• No contact with walls or objects visible or invisible

If I see sparks on a replay I have to assume that there is contact but I do agree that when you frame forward to the point of contact and then go into photo mode there appears to be a slight gap between the armco and the car.

As I said more than happy to be over-ridden on that call

Last edited:
@Rikson I'll be more than happy to be overridden on this but it clearly states in the rules for these runs

If I see sparks on a replay I have to assume that there is contact but I do agree that when you frame forward to the point of contact and then go into photo mode there appears to be a slight gap between the armco and the car.

I think that this could have been avoided if the race settings were set to strict wall contact and void lap. Sparks mean GT would have voided that lap IMO.

GTP_randy
greenflag-gif.152575

I don't think that's what he is saying, and @PASM had already flagged this as a suspect lap in the background.

Your check validated what we already suspected.

Honestly, if there are sparks flying everywhere, I just don't know what else to do here.

I think I understood the boundary risk spot on this track and very clearly called it out in the OP.

I am sure many drivers scrapped fast laps with contact there.

Understand we have a new participant in this case, but I also want everyone to understand the importance of submitting clean laps.

I think we spend almost half the OP making sure of that. There's a ton of detail, of course, but without that we have ambiguity/chaos/Sport Mode.

GTP_randy
greenflag-gif.152575

No you're right.
But what I'm trying to say,in previous versions you could hear sometimes a little bang and it was even viewable in data logger as a litlle speed dip.
In this case it's only to see when using chase cam

Uploaded my replay
PSN :- Ruzinvincible

Can you check to make sure you shared your replay publicly and used all of the tags as specified, as I can't see it coming up on the replays when I search

Could we change the OP to include the BB code(or whatever its called)for the flags , for us phone / tablet users. We can copy and past that but not the flag image.

Many thanks

Phone/tablet users.

Folks use the post in the link below to help determine what still needs checking whilst the Admin team resolve the issues with the board.

I'll try to keep it as up to date as possible. Check the counter at the foot of the post to see the last post that I have captured and please note the suggestion from @GTP_Dutchy if you watch a replay hit the like button (doesn't mean you like it just that it's been viewed)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-1-unofficial-results.370783/page-3#post-12096086

Comming to think about it. a replay that has recieved a like doesn't mean its also been reviewed by one of us so we'll probably still have to check it against the list.

perhaps something to keep in the back of out minds @EDK

Can you check to make sure you shared your replay publicly and used all of the tags as specified, as I can't see it coming up on the replays when I search
I used #wrs #gtp

And as I checked the uploaded replays, GTP_RikWrx is checked as clean and green ^^ after recheck to be sure, let's flag it :D

GTP_RikWrx
greenflag-gif.152575

That's what I meant with comment "checked. Green flag ' 👍
EDK
But you can add a comment, I have seen several with comments of clean.
That would work quite nicely.

As for wall collisions, it's too late for last week's run, but I found a race setting that does invalidate the lap being run when there is a collision. Before one goes out on track, go to Race Settings > Penalty Settings. Under "Wall Collision Penalty", select "Invalidate Time", then under "Wall Collision Detector", select "Strict". Unfortunately, it resets to the standard "None" if one leaves the track, and there is no proof in the replay that setting was used, but it does work in real-time; the lap prior to the one I submitted was red-flagged because of a very minor wall scrape.

Back