GTP_WRS Week 104 : Punters' Paradise

• Thread starter EDK
  • 156 comments
Had another run. Was a bit scruffy in places but still fun :D

T1: 22.437
T2: 56.973

Had better T1's and T2's but always manage to push to hard in T3 resulting in a wasted lap.

Had another run. Was a bit scruffy in places but still fun :D

Go away you freaky alien :lol:

No seriously, great splits already mate 👍 Hope to have some up tomorrow but not happy with my performance so far.

Hey that's weird your on the leaderboard twice. I know you want to beat me but you don't havr to rub it in :lol:

Nice first splits mate.

I reckon this has to do with the fact I've changed the PSN ID in my profile,and these results are automaticly generated (I think)
Tnx by the way.👍
Don't let my splits fool you,always strugling with the last section.
Good luck

T1: 23.464
T2: 59.989

Unfortunately, I don't have time to keep trying tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Had a feeling I was coming close to topping these.

First splits for this week:

There's a couple of big slides in this, so hopefully more time to come off yet.

Just ran 5 laps with DS3 to get a starting point. Seems well off. Plenty work to do, gets a bit loose in the corners. Will try with wheel later.

1'00.086

Just had about 15 laps with the DS3. Got quicker and quicker as the laps went by but unfortunately not as quick as I'd have liked. I can see where I can improve though. Hope to do that by Friday.

T1: 23.298 23.102
T2: 59.587 59.200

edit: Just couldn't wait till Friday, lol. Had another 6 laps and improved overall lap by 0.8. Still time to be found.

Last edited:
Ok, finally got something worth posting. Shame there are no real replays to help out, watching the top 10 is like watching 'the lonely planet guide to Fuji run off areas' :rolleyes:

T1 - 22.596
T2 - 57.579

Some improvement, although i think dinner was weighing me down

New splits:

T1: 22.561
T2: 57.824

Still struggling with that second corner but the week is still young. Hopefully I can improve a little more.

Just wondering, how much time do you guys spend at this and other combo's? I needed about 2 hours to get these splits.

It's getting a bit frustrating the last few weeks. I only manage to keep up in Div 3 by spending hours to every combo. And while I'm investing quite some time every week, my driving and times don't seem to improve just a little :(

Ah well, as long as its still fun... (or at least addicting ;))

Getting consistently good T1 & T2's, just need to hook up a good T3 to go with them...

T1: 22.452
T2: 57.028

Getting on the board

Last edited:
Just wondering, how much time do you guys spend at this and other combo's? I needed about 2 hours to get these splits.

I spent 40 mins on my first run Sunday, and had another hour tonight... will run another hour on Sunday if I get chance.

2-3 hours per WRS is my average.

I reckon this has to do with the fact I've changed the PSN ID in my profile,and these results are automaticly generated (I think)
Tnx by the way.👍
Don't let my splits fool you,always strugling with the last section.
Good luck

I know T3 will be the winning or losing sector in alot of cases but between us it will probably the second sector. And your about .150 faster there.

Ok, finally got something worth posting. Shame there are no real replays to help out, watching the top 10 is like watching 'the lonely planet guide to Fuji run off areas' :rolleyes:

T1 - 22.596
T2 - 57.579

Nice first splits, Andy. Hope i can match those in my next try.

New splits:

Still struggling with that second corner but the week is still young. Hopefully I can improve a little more.

It's getting a bit frustrating the last few weeks. I only manage to keep up in Div 3 by spending hours to every combo. And while I'm investing quite some time every week, my driving and times don't seem to improve just a little :(

Comming close again. Don't do it to me again Andy. Just like in week 100 :lol:

I spend somewhere between 3 to 6 hours on a WRS. The 6 hour mark is an exception. Average is about 4 hours.

New splits:

I know the feeling. Last week I spent around 4 hours on the combo. Mainly because my daughter was sick & I stayed home with her for 2 days from school. I'm usually in the 2 - 3 hour range depending on my schedule. My problem is I usually get in short 30 min sessions when I think I improve the most when I strap myself in for 2 hours straight. But as you said - it's fun either way, & addicting to boot.

Jeremie

F1 2010 and Summer exams have been keeping me away from the WRS and prolouge but Yesterday I fiddeled around with some picture settings on my TV and when I put prolouge if I made it look better I spent 4 hours playing it still a stunning game.Anyway I will really try to put in some lap times this weekend but I am very much rusty at the moment.

Edit:seeing the promotions awesome stuff that the triple threat(you know who you are :sly:) made it to D3 can't wait to battle with you guys been a while .Congrats.

Last edited:

Most of the time I spend about 3 hours total but last event I found very fun and also addicting and put in at the least 7 hours.

This event however I've only put in 25minutes, my second lap was my fastest by a mile and I can't seem to get the car to accelerate gradually enough with the DS3 to stop rotating and breaking loose. In all I hate this car lol so I sold it, I may buy another and attempt another hour or so though.

Hard to get a grip on it. But after 3 sessions of each 30 min I got some decent splits:

T1: 22.985
T2: 58.962

Still room for some improvement.

First 15 laps resulted in amazing splits of

which I achieved by not using 2nd gear to avoid oversteer, but I'm afraid the final sector is not that fast because I almost spinned exiting the final corner :scared:

EDIT I manually deleted Rikson's second entry at the leaderboard, hoping that Joost will still find a way to prevent situations like these to happen in the future 👍

which I achieved by not using 2nd gear to avoid oversteer, but I'm afraid the final sector is not that fast because I almost spinned exiting the final corner :scared:

You don't need 2nd gear.... 3rd has enough pull out of all the tighter corners.

First session and I really didn't enjoy it; not my kind of combo. :indiff:

T1: 22.617
T2: 57.515

Back