GTP_WRS Week 106 : Evora Cup

• Thread starter EDK
  • 91 comments
After a lengthy absence, I was tempted to have another dabble (in no small way influenced by my missus monopolising the TV, watching girly crap) :yuck:

1'05.555
2'00.125

T1: 1'04.842
T2: 1'59.054

Made a total hash of the easiest part of the lap, the run to the line from the last part of Casio. Means I have to keep looking for that lap.

All the best
Maz

Can anybody give me a tip? I can't seem to get my time substantially lower though it feels like I'm running perfect lap's which I clearly am not.

New splits:

T1: 1'07.343
T2: 2'03.218

T1: 1'07.716
T2: 2'03.358

Last edited:
Turned off Stability Control, very loose in 2nd gear I can't nail the hairpin or the last chicane but freed up the car alot elsewhere.

T1- 1'07.027
T2- 2'02.774

Made a total hash of the easiest part of the lap, the run to the line from the last part of Casio. Means I have to keep looking for that lap.

All the best
Maz

Amazing T1 Maz 👍

I can do a 1'05.5XX T1 one lap and 1 1'06.5XX the next and I have absolutely no clue what I did differently. I know from past experience that this car probably is the worst one for me in the game bar none. I just cannot understand how anyone can like driving it.

It's not a great car, but that's mainly because the gearing is rubbish. The handling is quite nice... a little understeery on N3's, but if you're careful with your entry speed you can keep it quite neutral.

The challenge with this car on N3's is being super smooth with the steering, particularly in T1... any sort of a slide and you lose loads of time, which is then impossible to recover as the car has very little torque in the gear you're in for most of the lap, 3rd.

My one piece of advice for this combo is get your entry speed right. If you do this and then you avoid sliding the rear through the middle and exit of the corner (relatively easy if you stay in 3rd for all bar exit of turn 1/2, Degner 2, the hairpin and Casio) your times will fall.

Amazing T1 Maz 👍

Many thanks Chris, your T2 is mega 👍

It's not a great car, but that's mainly because the gearing is rubbish. The handling is quite nice... a little understeery on N3's, but if you're careful with your entry speed you can keep it quite neutral.

The challenge with this car on N3's is being super smooth with the steering, particularly in T1... any sort of a slide and you lose loads of time, which is then impossible to recover as the car has very little torque in the gear you're in for most of the lap, 3rd.

My one piece of advice for this combo is get your entry speed right. If you do this and then you avoid sliding the rear through the middle and exit of the corner (relatively easy if you stay in 3rd for all bar exit of turn 1/2, Degner 2, the hairpin and Casio) your times will fall.

Excellent advice for all.

All the best
Maz

Not really going to be able to give this one a lot of time, her indoors bought Black Ops for me yesterday, wasn't going to get it untill next year, feel like I'm cheating on GT!!

Although I have had a couple of laps with this combo, got a very uncompetitive 1st sector of 1'07.xxx but a good 2nd sector of 2'01.xxx giving a second sector time only about 0.6 off of the top guys last I checked. (Can't remember my exact times hence the x's)

Last edited:
Another quick session between me getting home from work and my wife getting home :D

T1: 1'05.108
T2: 1'59.314

Small gain in T3 for a 0.2 improvement overall.

1'05.717
2'00.260

Thanks Stotty. The thing is that I think my driving style is reasonably smooth (maybe even too smooth at times) and still I can't get through the first section quickly.

Maz is clearly the T1 expert, but I'll chuck my 2p in.

The places I found I could make up time in T1 are...

Exit of turn 1... use a lot of coasting through turn 1... get the car in 2nd before turning for the 2nd apex and try and get on the gas soon as poss.

Dunlop... I'm almost flat from the last of the Esses all the way through Dunlop... just a very brief feather of the throttle to get the car turned in then full gas all the way though the corner.

Degner 1... wide entry, big cut (though stay legal :))... aim for 89-90mph at the apex.

Good luck 👍

Maz is clearly the T1 expert, but I'll chuck my 2p in.

The places I found I could make up time in T1 are...

Exit of turn 1... use a lot of coasting through turn 1... get the car in 2nd before turning for the 2nd apex and try and get on the gas soon as poss.

Dunlop... I'm almost flat from the last of the Esses all the way through Dunlop... just a very brief feather of the throttle to get the car turned in then full gas all the way though the corner.

Degner 1... wide entry, big cut (though stay legal :))... aim for 89-90mph at the apex.

Good luck 👍

Thanks for the tips, although I'm probably struggling most with finding a decent line through the Esses, I keep running real wide, making it very hard to get the next corner, and just compounds to losing speeds the whole way through. Or at least I hope so, there's two seconds to be had and I certainly can't find them :grumpy:

Wow, nice but difficult combo. Somehow mid-engine cars don't like me.:lol:

T1 1.05.251
T2 1.59.611

Maz is clearly the T1 expert

EFA above...

Not sure how you manage 89-90mph Stotty, I can't make it stick at 85 without going off/being unclean :yuck:

This lap is actually from yesterday, tonight's session proving frustrating and fruitless. Managed to ruin every lap with a better T1. Best I managed was 1'07.005, would happy to get into 1'06.xxx I think, although it's all about the time across the line.

T1: 1'07.220
T2: 2'02.626

T1: 1'04.800
T2: 1'58.996

I was too shallow on second Casio apex so overall should be 0.150 total left to squeeze out for me, About 0.050 in T2 and another 0.100 in T3. That will be my absolute limit 👍

All the best
Maz

Another quick session between me getting home from work and my wife getting home :D

T1: 1'05.108
T2: 1'59.314

Small gain in T3 for a 0.2 improvement overall.

Reading you're allways home first,is that because you drive a Porsche and she doesn't??... :sly:

spy.

Finally got a chance to run a few laps. Not sure how good these splits are as I haven't seen the leaderboard yet.

T1: 1'06.626
T2: 2'01.980

Reading you're allways home first,is that because you drive a Porsche and she doesn't??... :sly:

spy.

:lol: It's because my work is 2km from home and she travels a lot.

Awesome splits Maz 👍

I had to try this one again, this time I got some good results :D.

T1: 1'05.054
T2: 1'59.324

Hairpin could have been better ( and 130R) but I just didn't want to take risks after seeing T1...

Latest Posts

Back