GTP_WRS Week 106 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 42 comments
Can somebody check to see if my replay is posted correctly, as I need to know if it doesn't work before the deadline so I have time to go to the library and try again.

Hi Nish.

Reading back through the posts I see your replay is NTSC, could you amend your signature to show this please, gets very frustrating to down load a replay unzip, load it into PS3, just to find out I can’t view it.

Look at Kevin’s signature to see what I mean, kevin has NTSC / PAL

Would be helpful if all in WRS did the same too.

Phillip.

Here's my replay

(I haven't done this before so let me know if it doesn't work)

Attachments

• Suzuka Replay.zip
    116.6 KB · Views: 8
2'27.468---GTP_Synwraith
picture.php

Still a pleasure to watch that replay, but why I down loaded it again for I dont know, just to make sure it was the same replay I suppose and thats the rules.

I was wrong Maz sorry, I said you missed the apex of spoon 1. Following it as a ghost it did look like you were a fair bit wide of the mark, but infact watching it on the replay your apex was spot on, great lap Maz. 👍

Phillip.

GTP_w-g-e
gflagjn4.gif

Nice lap, but like you said earlier, hairpin could have been better :P.

My replay (PAL DLC):

Attachments

• WRS 106.zip
    119.2 KB · Views: 8
2'27.468---GTP_Synwraith
picture.php

Still a pleasure to watch that replay, but why I down loaded it again for I dont know, just to make sure it was the same replay I suppose and thats the rules.

I was wrong Maz sorry, I said you missed the apex of spoon 1. Following it as a ghost it did look like you were a fair bit wide of the mark, but infact watching it on the replay your apex was spot on, great lap Maz. 👍

Phillip.

Many thanks for checking this my friend and your positive feedback :cheers:

All the best
Maz

Hmmm, my first time on the podium.. too bad we only 3 in D3 in this round :-p

Here is my replay 👍

Edit
GTP_Stotty
picture.php

Didn't get Sutuki's replay to work. but did the same as with Stottys replay. Strange

Attachments

• PS3.rar
    118.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Congrats to all those who competed this week. some great times driven. I'll be back in a week or 2 for qualifying in GT5

Hmmm, my first time on the podium.. too bad we only 3 in D3 in this round :-p

Here is my replay 👍

Edit
GTP_Stotty
picture.php

Didn't get Sutuki's replay to work. but did the same as with Stottys replay. Strange
Sutuki has the downloaded version just like me and users who don't have the downloaded version can't view those replays.

EDIT: GTP_Sutuki
gflagjn4.gif

Nice lap mate.👍 I can see where you lost time at me in 3rd sector. Entry from the chicane, you were a bit too conservative there.
Thanks to Cico for the flag.👍

Last edited:
I have checked the remaining PAL replays.....

GTP_RudiRaser
picture.php
I wasn't sure about your tyre selection (STR) which is not very easy to translate but I have no doubt you could do this lap time.
GTP_BufaloBranco
picture.php

GTP_Monoha
picture.php

GTP_FastM3 I think you have uploaded a ghost car replay file and not your 'Best Lap Replay' file. Unless your are NTSC? any way, I can't view your replay.

Dan

Cleaning up the last 2 NTSC replays and making this one official. 👍

2'30.547---GTP_Nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

Nice, smooth lap. Looks like you ran a little deep into the hairpin and cost yourself some time, but a nice lap overall and congrats on the D3 win. 👍

2'32.085---GTP_FastM3
gflagjn4.gif

Welcome to the WRS. 👍

I would suggest watching some of the faster replays to find out what other drivers are doing differently. Nucelarfire is also NTSC, and his lap would be a good place to start.

Overall, your driving looks to me like you are trying to be fast, when in reality, you should be trying to be smooth. The esses are a prime example, you should not be shifting into second gear, except for the very last tight right before the exit into Dunlop. Taking a smooth line and keeping all of your wheels on track or rumble would be quicker for you.

There are other places where you should use the whole track, but don't. Hairpin and Spoon are the best examples, you enter from from middle of track, but should get all the way to the right before each of those turns, to maximize your cornering speed and smoothness. Finally, you were almost off at 130R. I would prefer to have submissions that don't have such close calls.

Please take my feedback to be what it is - Helpful advice. If you're here to improve your driving skills, you're in the right place. 👍

Back