- Boise, ID
GT6 Week 107 : The French Invade Britain
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
Renault R8 Gordini '66
:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::
:: Members are not obligated to take part ::
- Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
- Track: World Tracks > Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
- Car Type: Garage/Favorites Car
- Make: France > Renault
- Model: R8 Gordini '66
- Power: 106 bhp (after oil change)
- Weight: 850 kg (stock)
- PP: 350
- Transmission: Auto or Manual
- Tires: Comfort Soft (front and rear)
- Driving Line Optional
- Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
- Brake Balance: Optional
- Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
- Tuning: Prohibited
- In-Race RA Functions: Optional
- Custom Wheels , Paint and Racing # Not Allowed .
- Time: Any
- Weather: 0/0/0
- Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real
- The event MUST be run using your registered account
- The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
- Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
- No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
- Tarmac , White line and Red and White rumble strips are legal track. No other surfaces are track.
Thanks to @Gravitron and some of the other race admins for the photos and thread build. That's @MadMax photobombing in a DeLorean, I think it's kind of funny. I almost named the event "DeLoean Photobomb", but thought better of it.
I think the pics may be from the 80's track, but I intended for this to be at current Brands Hatch Indy, the Graham Hill bend is a little more challenging, and this is already a low powered car.
The combo is a lot of fun, the laps are right around a minute and you can click off 40 or 50 of them without really thinking about it. Have fun. 👍
Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
- You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
- To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
- Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
- While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
- While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
- Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
- To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual split times, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
(Best Lap Replay Icon)
Standard Clean OLR Rules:
- At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.
- In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
- If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
- Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
- No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
- If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
- No hybrids
- No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
- Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
- Total Lap Time
- Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
- The first 2 splits: T1 and T2 times
- Any settings discussion
All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 107 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
- Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
- You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
- You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
- If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
- Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
- Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
- If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
- See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:
- The deadline is Monday, February 8th 11:59pm GMT
- If you are unsure of the deadline try this site
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.Replay Checking:
- Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
- Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
- Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification