wrs_banner_tt-png.210713

gran-turismo-6-b-jpg.210712

GT6 Week 109: I'm a Real Daytona Fan

full

Hotlap Event in Arcade Mode Time Trial

full

Chapparal 2J '70

full

Daytona Road Course (No Time or Weather Change)

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: World Circuits -> Daytona Road Course
  • Car Type: Garage/Favorites Car
  • Make: USA > Chapparal
  • Model: 2J '70
  • Power: 717 bhp (stock + oil change)
  • Weight: 821 kg stock
  • PP: 669
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Racing Soft
  • Driving Line Optional
  • Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Allowed. All adjustable parts are tunable - Suspension, Transmission, Drivetrain, and Ballast included. No Power parts allowed.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional
  • Custom Wheels & Paint: Optional

Course Settings:
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

full

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • Yellow rumbles and tarmac are legal track. No other surfaces are track.

Steward's Comments:

So this car has fans, and so does the track. 'nuff said. Oh, and. Kiss my fan laden ass. ;) I also think that this is the first time this car that's been available since GT4 has been used in the WRS. :)

full

Viewing your Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual split times, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.

Thread rules:
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • The first 3 splits: T1, T2 & T3 times
  • Any settings discussion

full

Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 109 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
  • Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

full

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Good choice...I love this car and I was hoping we might use a track from a recent real-life enduro as both the Rolex 24 and Bathurst 12 were excellent races (hint, hint!). Is there a particular reason why the picture for this event on the Leaderboard is the 2D and not the 2J? Just curious..am assuming you maybe don't have a 2J picture?

Reactions: EDK
Good choice...I love this car and I was hoping we might use a track from a recent real-life enduro as both the Rolex 24 and Bathurst 12 were excellent races (hint, hint!). Is there a particular reason why the picture for this event on the Leaderboard is the 2D and not the 2J? Just curious..am assuming you maybe don't have a 2J picture?
That will get fixed tomorrow. Just no pic.

Huh...had a quick 10 lap run at this..the results: 1 clean lap!! 8 laps ended up with the car against the barrier at turn 1 followed by many travels through the grass. That 10 lap run has completely ruined my love of this car now :(

Huh...had a quick 10 lap run at this..the results: 1 clean lap!! 8 laps ended up with the car against the barrier at turn 1 followed by many travels through the grass. That 10 lap run has completely ruined my love of this car now :(
This track has a way of doing that, just brake sooner.

Some setup work will also help.

Had a quick go at this, using the setup I used for the 600PP Willow seasonal.

Could definitely belt out another second off it. Just need time and practice lol.

I'm with you there, man. I'm doing the same thing, just getting into the bus stop instead of turn 1

I'm with you there, man. I'm doing the same thing, just getting into the bus stop instead of turn 1
On one run I was approaching turn 1 at 230mph and the front wheels just lifted off the road. It's fair to say there's a lot of excrement on my seat. 👍

Still some time left, but if @J_Starscream is looking for another second I'm in trouble.

I've never been a fan (haha) of this car or racing soft tires, so I wasn't expecting to like this too much, but after running it I'm pleasantly suprised, it's actually really good.

I have a tune but, am a bit weary of posting it for now.

Last edited:
On one run I was approaching turn 1 at 230mph and the front wheels just lifted off the road. It's fair to say there's a lot of excrement on my seat. 👍
230. OK I need to look at my tranny.

I found a tune from one of the seasonals, it was on Streets of Willow, so you will have to set up your own tranny as Daytona has more top speed. This tune is from @TRL_Andromeda , he is very quick and very good at setting up a car.

Suspension:
Ride height: 65/60
Spring rate: 7.74/18.53
Dampers compression: 1/1
Dampers extension: 1/1
Anti-roll bars: 3/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.10/-0.30
Brake balance: 6/8

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 14
Braking sensitivity: 5

I found a tune from one of the seasonals, it was on Streets of Willow, so you will have to set up your own tranny as Daytona has more top speed. This tune is from @TRL_Andromeda , he is very quick and very good at setting up a car.

Suspension:
Ride height: 65/60
Spring rate: 7.74/18.53
Dampers compression: 1/1
Dampers extension: 1/1
Anti-roll bars: 3/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.10/-0.30
Brake balance: 6/8

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 14
Braking sensitivity: 5
thanks for the compliment.:)

Willow springs is a very different track, this might be a better setup, its from from one of my world records, at monza:
Suspension
65/50
10,15/12,40
4/6
4/7
7/7
Camber 0/0
Toe -0,05/-0,15

LCD

Gears
First reset to default, then set max speed to 290kmh
1. 1.535
2. 1.111
3. 0.842
then adjust final gear according to top speed on daytona. ;)

Brakes 10/10
Best thing ofcourse is a combination of the 2. for example, the hard dampers wont work on daytona, but the lower ride height will most likely help.

First go at it. Splits aren't too bad, given that this is from the second lap I turned yesterday.

split 1: 23.481
split 2: 43.481
split 3: 55.397

EDK tune best splits. Read not best lap.

This would probably top the list of my most despised tracks. Not certain I will submit a lap to the bot.

Slightly modified tune, better top speed, but not sure if it's actually faster. :odd:

EDK Tune
RH 52/45
Springs 7.74/10.70
Dampers 1/2 on both
ARB 1/7
Camber 0/0
Toe 0/-0.12
Brakes 3/1
Trans - Final Far right, Top Speed Far Right, then Set

Final=4570
LSD 8/20/8

EDK
This track has a way of doing that, just brake sooner.

Some setup work will also help.

I was trying that...kept bringing back the braking slightly each time but still ended up in the outside wall. I do have the car tuned (the tune I have always used with this car) but it may not be suited to the track, guess I'll have a play. To be fair, I've always been useless with turn 1 regardless of the car usage..my skillset doesn't include keeping a car under control while braking from high speed downhill while turning!!

And, thank you for fixing the picture on the leaderboard 👍 That was in the back of my mind all day yesterday :lol:

Reactions: EDK
Awesome combo.👍 I wish I could participate in this one but I'm just too busy. Have fun, everyone.

Back