GTP_WRS Week 11: C7 in GT7

It appears so based on this one screenshot. Not knowing what happened a few frames before though.

The solid white line would need to be immediately backed by the yellow rumble to be considered part of the track.
In fact i just want to know if yellow strips are considered as the track even there are over the white lane, like red 'n white strips on others tracks. On my video you can see that i kept the car in the track. But if i can optimze trajectory considering yellow strips.... i can win some tenths... 😁

In fact i just want to know if yellow strips are considered as the track even there are over the white lane, like red 'n white strips on others tracks. On my video you can see that i kept the car in the track. But if i can optimze trajectory considering yellow strips.... i can win some tenths... 😁
As long as the white line is immediately backed by yellow painted tarmac or yellow strips, it is considered track.

Yeah, the yellow strips at the "bus stop" can gain a lot of time on subsequent acceleration.
I already abandoned one lap where I lost touch with the solid white line beside them, because I wasn't sure it's allowed.

So, that's the exit from "bus stop" - is that legal?
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220624144145.jpg

Ah!
Means 2 wheels on track and 2 wheels on yellow strip...
Not 2 wheels on yellow strip and 2 wheels on grass...

Ah!
Means 2 wheels on track and 2 wheels on yellow strip...
Not 2 wheels on yellow strip and 2 wheels on grass...
You should be allowed to put 2 wheels on the grass as long as you're on the yellow curbs in the bus stop - they're considered part of the track surface. You can get crafty on the entry, but the lack of yellow curb on the exit makes it tough

Some very slightly faster splits (or at least slightly faster at the line):

1:12.197
1:30.318

Aaaargh!!!
The goddamn busstop!
I can do it in 17.6 (.5 in rare occasions), but this one time when I was 0.4 ahead I did it in 18 flat.

My binary driving is so damn hard here in this car, but when it clicks - oh, how satisifying it is...

BTW, the winds here are a factor, when in headwind on the long straights the top speeds are lower

Last edited:
1:10.951
1:28.535

First sectors still only OK, but finally, FINALLY the bus stop went really good (not best) and the acceleration for final (curving) straight was satisfactory.
Loved the car/track combo, thanks @shoenboggie !

P.S. Say, is the air traffic so busy around Daytona irl?

Lap submitted with these new splits. I'm still 0.3xx off my theoretical best but pretty satisfied with this lap.

1:10.472
1:28.103

Good luck for all.

@tmtk I've never been to Daytona myself but it is an international airport. I doubt their are idle periods where planes are not taking off or landing.

@tmtk I've never been to Daytona myself but it is an international airport. I doubt their are idle periods where planes are not taking off or landing.

Spent so many hours there and seen all those take offs and landings that I'd be disappointed to know that the real Daytona doesn't have them. :)

BTW, fantastic improvement on your splits!

1:11.087
1:28.692
Really hard to align best intermediate, theoretically I hv around 8 tenths to win.
But it will be my last submission I think

Back