GTP_WRS Week 11 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 135 comments
OK. I would be very surprised if there was a difference between cars within a make anyway. But stranger things have happened...
The difference between the Tony Stewart car and the Dale Jr. were profound. Both have Hendricks powerplants, but both the gearing and performance I found to be radically different. Maybe that's just me.

The difference between the Tony Stewart car and the Dale Jr. were profound. Both have Hendricks powerplants, but both the gearing and performance I found to be radically different. Maybe that's just me.

It's amazing that there is that level of difference in individual race cars, and yet PD got the front and back mixed up :boggled:

Congrats Zoky on the overall win. Congrats AX7 on another D2 victory. Great laps OSRG, Stotty, Eclipsi, and Vagabond. You guys really nailed the run to the line. Congrats to all the podium finishers. A tough, but rewarding week. Another fun learning experience for me.

Only car I ran this week. M&M Toyota

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL017.zip
    236.7 KB · Views: 12
Congrats on all your efforts this week folks! Zoky & Ramon, crazy laptimes:crazy: ..... I was hanging onto a thread that i might have held Stotty out for a podium, but when he mentioned his apex speed at Turn 11 i knew i was cooked:ouch:

To GTP_Vagabond.... Chris, nice lap mate, i knew you could go sub 1'25:sly: I expect to be pushed mightily when the Fanatec arrives!

GTP_Chuk, you are the single most crazy SOB i've ever seen, that is an insane amount of time and laps... you must have done near 1000 laps! Great splits and great time though mate, the effort paid off!

And to GTP_RedReevos, a great time also mate, just a shame the last sector held you back from a Top 5 overall. You, A7X and Vagabond will be joining me in D1 Bronze shortly i feel.

Anyways, here's my replay.... oh, The NASCAR.... it can only be a Ford:sly: my fave driver Carl Edwards #99:)

Attachments

• GTP_osrg Week 11 WRS.zip
    237.4 KB · Views: 13
Congrats to all podiums and Zoky for yet another spectacular effort. I used to be proud to be in D1 but at the same time a bit sad that I would not ever again be competing for podiums and was therefore longing for the old days in D2. Not so anymore since I wouldn't be able to finish on the podium in D2 either nowadays. You people are just too quick for me.

I used the #11 Denny Hamlin Camry and put in about two hours into it.

I like silver trophies :)

Amazing time chuk! Well done carlos for getting on the podium too. Some great times in there guys.

Jeff gordon impala for me. Only ran 200 miles in it but it seemed good!

Really enjoyed this one.

Congrats Zoky on the overall win and to all the divisional winners and podiums... some bloody fast drivers in D2 nowadays!!!

Personally very happy to manage an overall podium (really close there osrg :lol:)... no shame in finishing behind Zoky and Ramon :)

I'll post my replay tonight.

Last edited:
Congrats to all division winners and podiums 👍
With the psn down I put in a few more laps than what is usual for me, and still couldn't finish a lap properly 👎, but still had a lot of fun with this combo :).
Car used: Toyota (surprise,surprise) Camry #83.
And finally, :cheers: to all for a fun week.

Well done to all the Winners and Podium Placers.👍
In the end I used the #14 Tony Stewart car to set my best lap, I'll post my replay later on.:)

Oh well.......first submission,first replay. Glad to be here.👍

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL001 wk11 zip.zip
    248.3 KB · Views: 20
This was my chosen chariot, if I remember right set at default with a little toe at the front and top speed dropped to 217mph.
picture.php

Replay looks more like a Sunday drive outing, the car cornered well for the most part, just a little twitching at the rear, maybe a little softer setting on the suspension would have helped that but I couldn’t be bothered, didn’t feel the need to go beyond the white track line on exit of last corner, as the car was gripping well.

Phillip.

Attachments

• BCES00569-RPL002.zip
    237.3 KB · Views: 15
Philip, you tried so hard not to get on the podium and you still have to provide a replay.:P
Zoky and Ramon, great times.👍

I hope that I can fix my pedal today. Would hate to miss out on this week.

Philip, you tried so hard not to get on the podium and you still have to provide a replay.:P
Zoky and Ramon, great times.👍

I hope that I can fix my pedal today. Would hate to miss out on this week.

Lost my ego when I turned 40 Wes :indiff: Your pedals playing up again, if you have it apart today see if you can take some nice clear close up pictures.

I'll be around to help as much as I can again if you need me. 👍

Phillip.

Here's my replay. Really enjoyed it this week despite not liking nascars

Attachments

• GTP_bojangles4WRS11.zip
    247.6 KB · Views: 13
Many thanks you guys. Best thing I ever did with GT was joining this place.

Here , Here :cheers:

GTP_Vagabond
gflagjn4.gif

Well done Chris, another D2 podium. I studied your replay very carefully to see what I might be doing wrong. I noticed that my tyres go completely red while yours only fade into pink, and sometimes you only have 1 front tyre red while I have both red. Still trying to figure out if that's something to do with tuning, or my concrete shoes I wear on the right foot :dopey:
So have we busted out the Fanatec V2 yet, can't wait to hear your impressions of it?

GTP_Eriba
gflagjn4.gif

Very smooth and clean lap, think you only just touched the dirt a smidgen on the exit of the last turn. Every downloaded replay I watch I try to learn something new each event. From yours I learnt that you don't even need to get on full throttle to go fast. Most of your lap is just holding about 3/4 constant throttle even once the car is straight. I will be giving that a try from now on.

GTP_osrg
gflagjn4.gif

What an absolute joy to watch, such precise and delicate throttle inputs. I didn't even think the pots on these pedals had this kind of resolution 👍 I guess this is why I need to use the TCS on 1 for this event, just not progressive enough yet. You did cross the line on the exit of turn 12 but that has already been confirmed by Kevin as legal.

Special congrats to all podium placers, Mav ready for D1 I think, top job by Red,Chris and Chuck. And Carlos well done on a podium finish 👍

Here is my PAL replay, comments welcome. Was using ABS 4 , TCS 1 and Reds setup but the final ratio of 4.000 in #48 Jimmie Johnson Impala. Enjoyed this challenge as I knew I wouldn't be fast at the outset. New track and car for me so at least if nothing else I learnt this track quite well.

Attachments

• GTP_Sidplayos2_WRS_Week11.zip
    239.4 KB · Views: 13
Thanks Sid.

Here's my replay for this week. I am happy with this lap - gave up some time here and there, but it's nice and tidy. Really enjoyed the challenge this week which surprised me as I'm not a fan of the track.

:cheers:

EDIT:

GTP_Sidplayos2
gflagjn4.gif

Enjoyed watching the lap and certainly picked up a couple of tips on lines (first corner in T2 and the hairpins). I noticed your rear inside wheel going red two or three times on the lap. Suggests that your accel value on your diff was too low. A side effect of this is also power on understeer which is why you were having to crank on a bunch of lock to get through the turns which lit your front tyres up. The front tyres also went red a couple of times on entry - in this case either you had too much front brake bias, or had the brake side of the diff too high.

The above is said with the greatest of respect, is only my $0.02 and in no way detracts from the fact that you whupped me this week :cheers:

Attachments

• WRS_week011_GTP_Carlos.zip
    239.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I'm curious as to what aids people were using.
I wasn't using any at first, but saw eclipsi's tune stating to use Active Steering, and since he was at the top of the leaderboard, I was in no place to argue.

Denny Hamlin #11 Camry for me, ended up using my own set up after spending 90% of my time in everyone elses :/

I wasn't using any at first, but saw eclipsi's tune stating to use Active Steering, and since he was at the top of the leaderboard, I was in no place to argue.

Denny Hamlin #11 Camry for me, ended up using my own set up after spending 90% of my time in everyone elses :/

Active steering strong (for the same reason as you :sly:), TCS2 and ABS 1.

I used the Kyle Bush #18 (M&M car) which clearly was not the quickest of them :(

Well done to those on the podiums, and those reaching their desired times.

Same car.

Congrats to all division winners, D2 was particularly strong this week. Again, I really enjoyed this, but struggled to continue with my decent early pace. That said, didn't see me beating the .1s at any point.

Great show from my mates from D2, Mav, Red and Chris (but could some one take them from our division :dunce:)
Thanks mate 👍 Still wishing us out of D2... :sly:

To GTP_Vagabond.... Chris, nice lap mate, i knew you could go sub 1'25:sly: I expect to be pushed mightily when the Fanatec arrives!
Hehe, thanks Steve - it was your kick up the butt that gave me the final shove into the 1'24's mate.. thanks for that. 👍 Nice lap yourself, fella.

According to tracking info from UPS, my wheel is on a van out for delivery... :P I'm actually excited! Hope its as good as the reviews I've read suggest. The missus has told me to tidy my "den" before i can set it up. :crazy:

Still trying to figure out if that's something to do with tuning, or my concrete shoes I wear on the right foot :dopey:
So have we busted out the Fanatec V2 yet, can't wait to hear your impressions of it?
The front tyres were sooo easy to overheat with tiny mistakes. Too much steering angle was the usual culprit for me so super smooth corner entries were a must. It was also very easy to lock up the fronts if not braking in a dead straight line so I had brake bias of 4/8 and used ABS 9 to try and stop that. As a consequence I had to trail brake most turns. Hitting turn 1 just right was a b***h.

Thanks for checking my replay anyway Peter. 👍 I'll give my impressions on the GT3 as soon as I've given a decent test... its not arrived yet...

Here's my replay video anyway, for anyone interested. Chase cam, then TV cam:

GTP_Sidplayos2

Thanks for viewing my replay. 👍

Not much to learn from me I’m afraid, too many years as a chauffeur and bus driver I’ll never be a race driver. Hence my division placing and not able to make D1, but I can manage smooth, :lol: that’s about all I can manage.
Phillip.

My Submission for this week.
HOPEFULLY this is the last week or 2 I need to drive with a DS3 . . .
My beautiful wife ordered me a G27 today (probably sick of the complaints . . ) so i'll be looking forward to getting used to that.

Cheers All !!!

Attachments

• GTP_Bloodimayhem Week 11 Submission.zip
    382.6 KB · Views: 15
Congrats to all the winners this week 👍

Some of these runs were nothing short of amazing :bowdown: I've been watching some replays and for the life of me I can't figure out how you can get that car to stick when you go full throttle in the middle of a turn. I tried every tune posted in the thread and plenty of my own and never come close to getting traction approaching that level. The replays I've watched were run with TCS at 0 and they were able to go full throttle halfway through a turn.... man...... I had to feather it even after the car was almost completely straightend out. If there is a secret to this, someone please let me in on it. :sly:

Here's my replay video anyway, for anyone interested. Chase cam, then TV cam:

Caught it earlier on the Tube site. You make it look so easy! I put your tips to use, and in a short period of time before the deadline, was able to knock off one of those "chunks of time" you referred to. ;)

Thanks for the congrats and thx Ramon for a close battle this week, also congrats to Chris on very well deserved podium and to Osrg for his amazin time as well. Some very nice competition in D2....you guys need to be promoted ASAP! 👍

Also many thanks for everyone that shared their setup and everyone that competed!! My main car has around 1000km's (Toyota Kyle Busch)...with it I did 1'24.591 which was my first submission but on the last day I switched to Chevy Impala #14 and did abou 500km's with to get my final time and 2nd submission!

Here's my replay:

Attachments

• GTP_Zoky_CRO WRS Week 11 1'24.432.zip
    236.2 KB · Views: 19
Congrats to the winners and podium finishers from each division, specially to Zoky for his overall win, a well deserved win mate. 👍

I just wish I would had Chris final sector. :D

I used Tony Stewart's Chevrolet Impala #14.

Back to 3D modeling until I see a combo that suits me.

Here's my replay ...

Attachments

• GTP_eclipsi_WRS#11_124471.zip
    236.9 KB · Views: 19
Congrats akmuq on the first Div. gold! Expect some more competition from me next week :P
Good job to other podiums too 👍

Back