GTP_WRS Week 116 : CRaZy Train!

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 132 comments
Would be cool, but I do only have a few days of experience in real race cars. Was a X-BowR at RBR, a Subaru Impreza in dirt, a Porsche 911 GT3 at Hungaroring and race Karts. The Porsche was too much for me though... Couldn't really send it to speed without spinning out and had to stop because the owner of the car got a bit angry about my tire killing :rolleyes:
I'm just a seriously heavy addicted adrenaline junkie for life.
Wow, cool. Was the Porsche the GT3 road car, I assume?

475 HP, from what I can tell. I have driven cars with about 400, my Challenger and the Mustang I drove at Laguna Seca last year. Some throttle control required, but no spins.

But the RR Porsches are notoriously tricky, even without all that power. So I can see how it would be a challenge.

Oh man, it's so great to be able to do these again. Finally got a little break in my course work. Gotta say this little cars pretty fun. If only the boost would last a bit longer.

Misread the tire type at first and thought it said racing mediums and hards. Knew I was wrong when I saw my time was 3 seconds ahead of anyone. Oh well, guess I'll have a go later.

Last edited:
Negligible improvement at the split but 6 tenths at the line (have been 5 tenths quicker at the split but not on a complete lap):

S1: 42.700
S2: 1:09.917

1'08.887

only .025 faster screwed up the last corner, i'm getting there seen my 1st 41.99x in S2.

In S2 only brake for the first downhill right for the next 2 corners just lift and shift down to 3rd.
Yep just throttle release for those two turns. I stay in 4th for the right hander after the down hill. That turn for me is one if the hardest ones to get right.

1'08.887

only .025 faster screwed up the last corner, i'm getting there seen my 1st 41.99x in S2.

In S2 only brake for the first downhill right for the next 2 corners just lift and shift down to 3rd.
Honestly I think lifting will waste time, because any avoidable cruising is wasted time, plus if you apply a bit of brake you're shifting the weight to the front, making the car slightly more responsive until you tap the gas pedal and the weight moves back to the rear. But that's just my 2 cents, I'm sitting here and I still can't get the splits together.

Probably the most difficult combo I've done in WRS for me so far.

Is it legal? i'm afraid - not?

Attachments

• Nürburgring GP_D.jpg
    Nürburgring GP_D.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Nürburgring GP_D_1.jpg
    Nürburgring GP_D_1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 11
Is it legal? i'm afraid - not?

Yes. 2 wheels on track surface or directly above (when airborne).

from OP
At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.

The 911 GT3 cup edition on race slicks. Don't know if street legal on normal tires + higher setting, but it was without numberplate

furious final - almost .2 at the line :D best split combo .59 .29..wasn't enough to match this.:rolleyes:
Wow, yeah. Have not driven on real race tires before. In the series I race in, we use 180 treadwear or higher road tires.

Back