GTP_WRS Week 116 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 55 comments
That sucks. There has to be a way for you to get this done. You have my sympathy as I myself knows how it feels to put in alot of effort all week long only to have it flushed down the drain for one reason or another. I really hate taking wins this way but we both know who the better person was that week anyway. You beat me fair and square, a minor technicality like that won't change that as far as I'm concerned.👍

I wouldn't say the better person, but thanks. It wasn't a total waste, I seen that I can be competitive in division 3 and I learned a lot about braking techniques, throttle control, and counter steering for the wheel. I just hope Logitech sends that shipping label before the weekend so I can have my wife ship it back to minimize the wait time.
Just don't get to fast while I'm out Mitch lol

I wouldn't say the better person, but thanks. It wasn't a total waste, I seen that I can be competitive in division 3 and I learned a lot about braking techniques, throttle control, and counter steering for the wheel. I just hope Logitech sends that shipping label before the weekend so I can have my wife ship it back to minimize the wait time.
Just don't get to fast while I'm out Mitch lol

Thats good that you can take away some positives from the ordeal, its still a shame about your situation tho. :( Just make sure that you remedy the problem so that it doesn't happen again. I hate taking cheap wins, it just doesn't feel right.:indiff:

Thats good that you can take away some positives from the ordeal, its still a shame about your situation tho. :( Just make sure that you remedy the problem so that it doesn't happen again. I hate taking cheap wins, it just doesn't feel right.:indiff:

One thing my mom used to say is: when you find yourself getting mad, aggravated or frustrated, take a step back and think; what will this effect a week from now, or a month, or a year? If the answer is nothing, then it wasn't worth getting worked up over anyway.

Don't consider it as a cheap win. You put the time and effort in. Nothing cheap about that.

Got my wheel sent off today. The tracking number days it'll be received by Logitech next Thursday. Unless they overnight it, I'm looking at a 2 week waiting period, so no replay upload from me.

Or TT's for a bit :(

Sorry for the lack of replay, will upload this weekend, have been suffering really badly with a nasty virus since Wednesday night and haven't done a great deal except sleep....
Matt

Edit: replay attached. It's close in turn 1, but that's the only bit you'll look at

Last edited:
Got my wheel sent off today. The tracking number days it'll be received by Logitech next Thursday. Unless they overnight it, I'm looking at a 2 week waiting period, so no replay upload from me.

Or TT's for a bit :(

Will miss you while you're out my friend. Hurry back.👍

@millross: Sorry to hear about your illness. Get well soon friend.

1'18.315---GTP_Patrick1
user118395pic1573412914.gif

1'18.245---GTP_CargoRatt

1'18.251---GTP_LeftyWright

1'18.677---GTP_DigitalBaka

1'19.850---GTP_GDS

All clean and correct. Good job peeps.

Thanks Matt :), very happy with my performance this week and very happy (and relieved :sly:) to take the win. Great racing Andrew. 👍

Congratulations to all this week - very tricky track with a tricky little car.

On a slightly less cheerful note... Its not usually my wont to complain but I'm forced to question the handicap calculation this week. This was one of the best laps I feel I've done in the WRS and I didn't even come close to my handicap..? I think this may be something to do with it:

(Settings: Weight = 1.000 Squeeze = 2.457 Scoot = -0.467)

I can guarantee that a 1'16.6 is impossible - I left 1 tenth out there and there was probably a possible 2 or 3 at a push (if you're Ramon for example).

This is the results curve this week:

week116resultscurve.jpg

I think it shows clear dominance from myself and Andrew. It reminds me of this result:

week89chart.jpg

...in which Wes had a ridiculously low handicap and (Settings: Weight = 1.000 Squeeze = 1.129 Scoot = 0.191)

I realise that this is statistics and that the machine chucks out numbers which Vaxen just takes but there has to be some basis in reality and each result must stand up in comparison to other events and results.

If I sound a bit pissy and ungrateful, my apologies but I put in an extraordinary effort to get this lap time, spending a good deal longer than I usually do and the reward is in the win, yes... but its also in the knowledge that you're working toward a greater goal, pushing for advancement and promotion. That's the whole point of the handicap system isn't it? And believe me, the thirst for that doesn't diminish just because you're running at the front.

I'd like the handicaps for this week to be looked at again please. 👍

Here's my video:

And replay:

I understand what you're getting at here, I feel that if you achieve a time that is within 1 tenth of the absolute best then you should be able to get a handicap of at least 1.00, maybe this should be taken into account when making the results but I think it would be hard to implement. In a few of my wins I felt that my handicap could have been lower as I really pushed the limits to get a fast lap time 👍

I just realized something, I never checked to see if my replay was needed... and it is. I don't know if I'm too late but here's the file. Sorry about that. This was my official first entry for the TT and I'm just not used to it yet.

Sark

EDIT: It's NTSC as I'm in the US.

Replays that still need verifying:

GTP_Lou8ball
GTPcats_pajamas
GTP_Insatiable
GTP_Caine
GTP_Sarkazmo

replays still in need of submitting:

GTP_Wins

I will check Lou8ball and Insatiable after dinner, others are outside my region

4---1'17.653---GTP_Lou8ball

5---1'17.785---GTP_Insatiable

both close at t1 but all good

Still need some checks done here.

GTPcats_pajamas
GTP_Caine
GTP_Sarkazmo

1'19.397---GTP_Sarkazmo

Clean and correct' nice lap.

Just me and Caine left.

I'll grab yours shortly, as soon as the kids fall asleep.

1---1'17.596---GTPcats_pajamas (Replay Needed)

We'll need to work on your color combinations but the lap is clean. :D:tup:

Last edited:
DigitalBaka
I'll grab yours shortly, as soon as the kids fall asleep.

1---1'17.596---GTPcats_pajamas (Replay Needed)

We'll need to work on your color combinations but the lap is clean. :D:tup:

What?! That car is beautiful! :) Thanks for checking.

Last edited:
7---1'18.112---GTP_Caine (Replay Needed)

Clean and correct

Last edited:
Back