GTP_WRS Week 117: (50) 8 Seconds

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 96 comments
EDK
Sorry. I guess at this point in the game with new cars coming, we figure people will get them. (Other than the 20 MM unicorns, of course). The gearbox is weird, but I find the car fun to drive otherwise.

Maybe I'm just weird.

The combo itself is fine, also the car is not bad at all. I am just mad at PD for pricing this car unreasonably high.

Last edited:

slightly slower s1 time, good gain at the line.

trying to carry less speed into 1 to get on gas sooner.

probably turning in too soon.
I turn into turn 1 at the second stripe that's under the sign marker on the rumble strips. First sign/stripe is braking, second is turn in. Maybe slightly after, but not much.

EDK
I turn into turn 1 at the second stripe that's under the sign marker on the rumble strips. First sign/stripe is braking, second is turn in. Maybe slightly after, but not much.
I guess it's really the third sign and second stripe for braking, the next for turn in.

You can brake slightly earlier, but the turn in and throttle on point are important.

EDK
I guess it's really the third sign and second stripe for braking, the next for turn in.

You can brake slightly earlier, but the turn in and throttle on point are important.

Turn in at the 50 board? I am trying but that just seems too early. I either cut inner curb or run wide. Can’t get on full throttle until after first curb.

I am going a few tenths slower now in s1.

Turn in at the 50 board? I am trying but that just seems too early. I either cut inner curb or run wide. Can’t get on full throttle until after first curb.

I am running now, let me look at my lap to see. I start the turn in process at 50, and take that at an angle. I will repost in a minute.

Turn in is probably when the back of the car is at the 50, but the stripe under the 50 sign is my reference for turn in.

Really having trouble making that work. Hit the inner Armco a couple times.

Are you still braking after turn in?
You might be over slowing the car.

I sent this in PSN also, but I opened a lobby if you have time to join. Friends only room.

This was happening to me this morning after reading @EDK’s advice but after 20 or so laps it started to click. I found trying not to think about the turn in too much helps, eventually it happens naturally and you’ll consistently hit the right spot

I managed to get a couple of clean laps.
Best T1 so far 23.7xx (but screwed this lap (and some more:banghead: ) later)
I'm still not used to use the red/wht curbs as part of the track
except at the end of the s/f straight
The track limits normally make sense, but for this event they can seem a bit odd.

The over run tarmac makes it so you have to be really aggressive. It makes more sense on tracks lined with grass.

We really just want the limits to be easy to verify, not under the car with 4 wheels on, etc.

Hugo actually used to run with us here, BTW.

Hit the fastest lap all week this morning and knocked another hundredth off my lap time. Still a couple of hundredths left in T1, but this will probably be my submission.

EDK
Hugo actually used to run with us here, BTW.
I bet he was among the fastest here too.....

Hit the fastest lap all week this morning and knocked another hundredth off my lap time. Still a couple of hundredths left in T1, but this will probably be my submission.

not sure about this:
can I submit only once per TT ?

Reactions: EDK
not sure about this:
can I submit only once per TT ?

You can submit as many times as you like, (I think! I always submit a new time every time I beat my previous best time) though the last time submitted will be your official submission. In my post I meant that I don’t think I’ll beat the time I’ve submitted last so it’ll be the one that is used

Back