• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 61 comments
Congrats to the winners!

Speedy6543
greenflag-gif.152575

Nice lap Chris!

giznav
greenflag-gif.152575

Could tell you were wrestling that DS4, lights kept popping up :lol:.

Monona
greenflag-gif.152575

Nice lap!

Thanks BigDawg :). I corrected the spelling (not sure it works when I do it)

monoha
greenflag-gif.152575

@monoha
You did cut it as close as it gets though...
20180220174553.jpg

20180220174605.jpg

20180220174542.jpg

Please do bear in mind you give guys checking the replay one hell of a job going frame by frame, taking pics, rewinding, checking again and making sure they give out a green flag where it is a green flag and not having someone else posting dirty pics of that replay after they green flagged it.

@monoha
You did cut it as close as it gets though...
View attachment 715769

View attachment 715770

View attachment 715771
Please do bear in mind you give guys checking the replay one hell of a job going frame by frame, taking pics, rewinding, checking again and making sure they give out a green flag where it is a green flag and not having someone else posting dirty pics of that replay after they green flagged it.

The replay checking is very much appreciated and thanks for spending time you put in to the post the above. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're telling me. It sounds like I should make it easier for the checker, which I'm happy to do - but I'm sure how to approch that. Perhaps I missed a guideline somewhere :/

The replay checking is very much appreciated and thanks for spending time you put in to the post the above. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're telling me. It sounds like I should make it easier for the checker, which I'm happy to do - but I'm sure how to approch that. Perhaps I missed a guideline somewhere :/
That concrete behind the rumble strip is not part of the track, so you are hanging on by the ragged edge in that spot.

It takes a lot of work to make sure the replay is indeed clean.

They are speaking very passive aggressive, or as I like to say Minnesotan. :lol: So let me decipher for you since I am an expert in this language. :D

Essentially they are saying that try not to push things that close if possible, replaying frame by frame is a big pain in the 🤬. And takes forever. I have submitted slightly slower but cleaner laps just for that very reason. A good thing to do is once you set your fast lap, exit and look at it, if you have to look at it frame by frame to tell if it is good or not, then maybe you should try to run a cleaner lap to submit. Granted I get we all want to submit the fastest lap we have, but if someone needs to spend 10 minutes going frame by frame maybe the next fastest cleaner lap should be submitted. :cheers:

You didn't break any rules, just really pushed them to the limit.

They are speaking very passive aggressive, or as I like to say Minnesotan. :lol: So let me decipher for you since I am an expert in this language. :D

Essentially they are saying that try not to push things that close if possible, replaying frame by frame is a big pain in the 🤬. And takes forever. I have submitted slightly slower but cleaner laps just for that very reason. A good thing to do is once you set your fast lap, exit and look at it, if you have to look at it frame by frame to tell if it is good or not, then maybe you should try to run a cleaner lap to submit. Granted I get we all want to submit the fastest lap we have, but if someone needs to spend 10 minutes going frame by frame maybe the next fastest cleaner lap should be submitted. :cheers:

You didn't break any rules, just really pushed them to the limit.

Thanks for the decipher, that helped! Apologies for going that close to the limit. I'll follow the fine guideline set in the qoute going forward, which make sense in the bigger picture.

Replay has been shared. I'm honestly surprised that I gained in the final sector.

24.16 final sector? :bowdown:

My pb was a .18x and that was my only sub .20. Anything lower than a .3 was darn tough to come by (for me).

Apologies for going that close to the limit.

My two cents--clean is clean, even if it takes a bit of effort to verify. Time trialing is all about pushing the limits in every conceivable way.

What's the rule? Don't submit if you are not sure it's clean. The corollary to that is 'if you're sure it's clean, submit.'

There's no reason for a driver to apologize for submitting a clean lap so long as he has personally verified it frame by frame.

Replay has been shared. I'm honestly surprised that I gained in the final sector. This was a really fun combo and I'm looking forward to a similar one in the future :)
Your S2 was actually about where I was expecting after you said you gave up 0.09, same issue here where I ran a pretty poor S2, having run at least 50 better S2 times, however I'd only run 1 maybe 2 better S1 splits. Had run dozens of 0.16-0.19, but only a handful of 0.10-0.13, but enough to be really unhappy with 24.215. Definitely should have run a 24.1 to net a mid-high 50.7 to at least make it look close! Congrats on the mega event score.
The short TTs are pretty nice, you get to run a million laps and you actually get to finsih laps that don't have any massive flaws. I was going to say you get to run really close to optimal compared to normal but I managed to goof that up anyway lol.

My two cents--clean is clean, even if it takes a bit of effort to verify. Time trialing is all about pushing the limits in every conceivable way.

What's the rule? Don't submit if you are not sure it's clean. The corollary to that is 'if you're sure it's clean, submit.'

There's no reason for a driver to apologize for submitting a clean lap so long as he has personally verified it frame by frame.
I think the problem arises when you get so close to the edge that its a borderline judgement call, you sort of will yourself to think its clean because judgement gets biased because you are judging your own work. Things like knowing what is technically the back edge of a curb and where the contact patch of the tyre is defined can be where someone can think a lap is clean but have others diagree. Its got to be clean to a steward not just to yourself, which is where the "if you are in doubt, don't submit it" comes from.
Don't get me wrong, I've run, checked then submitted some really tight ones, and sometimes it just happens on your best lap and there is nothing you can do about it, but you've checked it frame by frame, its clean, and you can't run a better lap that is easier to check. The annoying thing for me is, more often than not I'll beat a lap with a barely legal line when I miss wide by 1 or 2 feet and somehow go faster anyway, like, after pushing limits for so long you miss your line and it turns out to be faster you can't help but wonder how much more was there.

Congratulations again to @Doodle on the win, to @alexamenos for your first podium, @EDK for the D2 win, @_r_p_m_ and @Kelly for demolishing the handicap standings (and going 1-2 in D3) and @GTP_Remo for taking out Division 4.
I hope everyone made it out of the week with their sanity still in tact, because I definitely lost a big chunk of mine, sadly for me just as I was gathering the pieces back up again we hit the submission deadline and it will be forever lost. If anyone finds it, you can keep it because apparently it made me slower, so a 50-50 for if this was a positive or negative thing.

(This is what happens when I don't get to post an essay because I'm madly rushing to submit before the deadline, sorry.)

Then what if everyone submits a replay that's that close? How likely are you to check replays?

We have liberal boundary rules to make it easy for folks to submit and verify clean laps. But when those are pushed to the absolute limit, it makes things difficult on everyone.

I've submitted laps that are close but clean in the past, so I am not saying "Never do that", but if you make a habit of doing it every week, it's eventually going to bite you and it's not really all that fair to the folks checking your replay.

That's all we're saying.......

EDK
Then what if everyone submits a replay that's that close? How likely are you to check replays?

We have liberal boundary rules to make it easy for folks to submit and verify clean laps. But when those are pushed to the absolute limit, it makes things difficult on everyone.

I've submitted laps that are close but clean in the past, so I am not saying "Never do that", but if you make a habit of doing it every week, it's eventually going to bite you and it's not really all that fair to the folks checking your replay.

That's all we're saying.......

I am already imagining the nightmare that will be next weeks replays. There will be a lot of close calls and no one is going to be willing to throw away a great lap on a borderline call on that track. :nervous: So many corners to cut :scared:

I appreciate all you that check replays. :bowdown::bowdown:

Replay submitted. Tags as follows:

gtpwrs012
Ferrari
lakemaggiore

Not my most impressive attempt, but I don't have enough talent to handle that much car on that much tire so there's my scrublord race driver excuse for the week :lol:

Onwards to hell then. Wait...

EDK
@Tristan Jones please share your replay, you are the last one we need.

Sorry for delay, late nights with bub meant little time for online funs.

Also, I have now shared the one replay I have, but appears to be the second of the 3 times I submitted, however isn't the quickest :( I guess that is a black flag?

I know exactly what I did, I saw my number of replays at 70 something and saw someone talking about a limit so went to town deleting some. I now only have one Ferrari replay, don't know how I didn't delete the right one

Sorry for delay, late nights with bub meant little time for online funs.

Also, I have now shared the one replay I have, but appears to be the second of the 3 times I submitted, however isn't the quickest :( I guess that is a black flag?

I know exactly what I did, I saw my number of replays at 70 something and saw someone talking about a limit so went to town deleting some. I now only have one Ferrari replay, don't know how I didn't delete the right one
That's a black flag, yes.

Replay needs to match submitted time. We have allowed for correction of obvious typos, but not revision to the time due to this sort of error.

Latest Posts

Back