GTP_WRS Week 12: Swift Fuji

Are we allowed to hit the bollards that are on the inside of some corners?
You can hit them as long as your tires are still inbounds!
What? That ruling conflicts with the original post.

The Rules say no contact with 'other objects' which bollards should fall under. Plus the Steward's Comment does not specifically say you can hit them.

Race Specifics (Rules for This Specific Event):
  • red 'n White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Green pavement behind curbs and white lines is NOT track.

Steward's Comments:

Its time to get out the Front Wheel drive racing car for a blast around Fuji! Good thing tire wear is not active!!!!! Have fun and share your Liveries!

What? That ruling conflicts with the original post.

The Rules say no contact with 'other objects' which bollards should fall under. Plus the Steward's Comment does not specifically say you can hit them.

Bare with us everyone, we are kind of new at organizing TT’s. We are taking over from long standing stewards who did an amazing job for a very long time!

You are correct and we should have caught that. Feel free to demolish the Bollards. I will make sure things are clearer moving forward.

Al

Old habit for me made me avoid all cones deliberately.. I have submitted anyway but no cones were harmed making my lap and survived for another event :lol:

Slight improvement. Like the track, but don't like the car..

That seems to be the consensus. Really wanted an Integra but they don’t sell them at the new car store! Must be a COVID related issue. Darn supply chain! Lol

Sorry folks, that was my choice. I did enjoy the car at first but not sure what happened. It seemed solid and fun to toss around. The more I drove it, the more it miss behaved.

Also not a fan of the model PD is using for weather (temperature) and how it affects track grip. I found one session at dawn I was a full second ahead of my PB at T1 but binned the lap in the final sector. It was similar for a couple more laps, then it changed.

That seems to be the consensus. Really wanted an Integra but they don’t sell them at the new car store! Must be a COVID related issue. Darn supply chain! Lol

Sorry folks, that was my choice. I did enjoy the car at first but not sure what happened. It seemed solid and fun to toss around. The more I drove it, the more it miss behaved.

Also not a fan of the model PD is using for weather (temperature) and how it affects track grip. I found one session at dawn I was a full second ahead of my PB at T1 but binned the lap in the final sector. It was similar for a couple more laps, then it changed.
Appriciate all the work you put into this.
Not every combo has to be the same. Variation is good.

That said did another 25 lap run with my final splits

Submitted lap with these slightly slower splits

Does anyone manage to avoid the wheelspin in this FF bomb?

Really tough combo for me, mainly due to inconsistency in the final sector (0.3x - 0.7x or more). IMO wheel spin is compounding the problem which I've been unable to manage so far.

Don't beat yourself up, there would be a lot more complaints if we did not have an event.

Regarding time of day impacting conditions, last week I saw as much as a 5 mph difference at the start finish line between the different sessions because of the wind velocity and direction. IMO if you are doing a time trial event all variables should be removed, maybe they will patch this at some point.

Regarding time of day impacting conditions, last week I saw as much as a 5 mph difference at the start finish line between the different sessions because of the wind velocity and direction. IMO if you are doing a time trial event all variables should be removed, maybe they will patch this at some point.

I would suggest decreasing the variables by at least specifying the time and day for the session in future time trials. This would at least limit the variables to an extent, although I agree this should be patched.

Hello,
i completely forgot to send my final time to Fletchy.
I'm on business trip till wednesday, so i will not take part of this race, even i already sent my splits.
Gl luck to all

I don't know how to check that my car settings are stock. Help would be appreciated.

I don't know how to check that my car settings are stock. Help would be appreciated.

GT7 makes it really hard to check that, one way is to create a new car settings page (not copy an existing one). Then the car settings on this page are stock. Now you can compare the settings to the settings on the new page and see if there are differences. Does someone know a better way?

Back