GTP_WRS Week 121 : A Horse with No Name

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 100 comments
Anyone up for some racing fun and a couple of beers in about 20 min?

Anyone up for some racing fun and a couple of beers in about 20 min?
If only these Friday night "drink and drive" sessions weren't at 7am.
Yes I am aware of the Australian stereotype in regards to drinking, but my counter point would be such an Australian wouldn't have been up that early on a Saturday to have begun drinking yet.

Cheers guys :)!

Was on it for awhile tonight did an absolute monster sector 2 which was a PB lap only to then beat it and check the better run and find out it was only just a dirty lap :(! Nevermind! I'll give it another bash tomorrow :)!

I can't believe I just threw away a 16.7/36.7 because of barely cutting the entry of the final corner. And the lap was nearly .15 quicker than anything else I've run. :( At least it shows what kind of potential I have here. I have no doubt I can find a 36.6 T2 sooner or later. A real improvement will happen whenever I figure out how to get a fast and clean final sector. I'm too used to running seasonal time trial lines.:P

Good to see plenty of people running this combo..and a couple of returnees. Haven't got round to running this (and may not as not sure a 10 or 20 lap run is enough to say I've put in reasonable effort, especially on a track I am not comfortable with anyway due to limited running on it) due to still feeling crappy most of the time, general lack of enthusiasm for GT at the moment and spent most of my time watching various motorsport events (Never realised just how much you can watch on Youtube till recently!!). Will see if I feel like running tomorrow but may just wait till the next combo is released

Well had a good hour and a half tonight after the Blancpain race at Silverstone! It's really tough to string this lap together with perfect sectors and I'm still 2 tenths off where I really, really want to be :(! Never the less have an improved lap, sectors are;

Hopefully I'll get another go!

Edit: Slightly gutted I had checked all the major places where track boundaries are a concern with the above lap then thought I best double check before submitting!! Turns out I go onto the white line in 1 place without touching the inside tarmac which is really annoying :( as it's a place you don't have to be anywhere near it so must have just relaxed on the lap :(! which is the reason I didn't check first time round... nevermind!

I've had another go since and the lap is overall slower but faster first 2 sectors, maybe get chance tomorrow (Later today as it's early morning now :P) although a lot of things to do! At least I'm off work!

Last edited:
Well had a good hour and a half tonight after the Blancpain race at Silverstone! It's really tough to string this lap together with perfect sectors and I'm still 2 tenths off where I really, really want to be :(! Never the less have an improved lap, sectors are;

Hopefully I'll get another go!

Edit: Slightly gutted I had checked all the major places where track boundaries are a concern with the above lap then thought I best double check before submitting!! Turns out I go onto the white line in 1 place without touching the inside tarmac which is really annoying :( as it's a place you don't have to be anywhere near it so must have just relaxed on the lap :(! which is the reason I didn't check first time round... nevermind!

I've had another go since and the lap is overall slower but faster first 2 sectors, maybe get chance tomorrow (Later today as it's early morning now :P) although a lot of things to do! At least I'm off work!

You might need to post the splits again, to show up on the leaderboard.

You might need to post the splits again, to show up on the leaderboard.

Will do cheers, I thought in the past you could do a strike through :)! Guess it's been awhile haha!

Here are new splits but a slower lap that will be being submitted reason in quote below splits;

giphy.gif

^-- This. :guilty:

After a lot of laps, really feel like just I cannot do this. Wildly different times when it feels I'm doing the same thing. Then the same time when I try doing different things.

There's nearly a whole minute of track after that sector ends. Hopefully I've done OK through that. Have been next to last place for most of this event.

EDIT: Using photo mode I found the outside rear wheel straddles a white line near the end of the lap. They've defined the inside edge of the line as the edge of the track...if it were the outside edge I'd be fine. :banghead:

Back to the grindstone...

EDIT2: Was +0.1 to my ghost, then +0.150 entering final complex:

Came out -0.150 ahead at the line! It was an easily clean lap, too. Will send this in. Many thanks to people who gave encouragement by private message. 👍

EDIT3: Accepted by Fetchy.

Last edited:
Currently have a power cut so can't/won't be submitting as I was watching the replay and about to have 1 last go before submitting when it happened!! Was still good fun though and looking forward to the next one!!!

Great to be back racing!!!

Although not so great being sat in the dark with nothing to do :P!

Currently have a power cut so can't/won't be submitting as I was watching the replay and about to have 1 last go before submitting when it happened!! Was still good fun though and looking forward to the next one!!!

Great to be back racing!!!

Although not so great being sat in the dark with nothing to do :P!

Hey at least you've got your cell phone :D
Haven't been back at this since Tuesday, submitting my subpar lap anyway.
Good luck all

Awful final sector. I wish I could've found a way to get a fast and clean sector three. Would've made this much easier. Submitting this.

Lost half a second in sector two which somehow translated to nine tenths at the line. Just cannot string a full aggressive lap together :confused: :odd:

S'd and A'd

Back