GTP_WRS Week 124: Schnell Thru Karussell

• Thread starter GTP_Dutchy
  • 146 comments
Anyone up for some beers and racing tonight? I'll open a room around 19:00 GMT I believe thats 21:00 for the biggest part of europe.

Anyone up for some beers and racing tonight? I'll open a room around 19:00 GMT I believe thats 21:00 for the biggest part of europe.
Hmm, 5am is either too early or too late for beers and banter. However its within range of a kebab but if your night has achieved Kebab territory its rather unsuitable for 'racing' at that point.

Hmm, 5am is either too early or too late for beers and banter. However its within range of a kebab but if your night has achieved Kebab territory its rather unsuitable for 'racing' at that point.

Not easy to find a kebab here

Not easy to find a kebab here
The late night Lamb salesman are plentiful and highly accessible around here, something to do with a drinking culture probably. That said, the kebabs you get can easily be eaten as a late lunch if you are planning on working until well into the evening, excellent workshop food. Honestly wish kebabs didn't have such a bad reputation, you get a solid amount of vegetables, a large quantity of delicious crispy lamb and its incredibly filling.
Ok back on topic, @GTP_Dutchy we obviously need some good sausage to go with those beers, keeping in the spirit of this week's event and all.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

Would be great if you can find the time to tag along though.... Btw unsuitable is my middle name so we're already on the same level :P

The late night Lamb salesman are plentiful and highly accessible around here, something to do with a drinking culture probably. That said, the kebabs you get can easily be eaten as a late lunch if you are planning on working until well into the evening, excellent workshop food. Honestly wish kebabs didn't have such a bad reputation, you get a solid amount of vegetables, a large quantity of delicious crispy lamb and its incredibly filling.
Ok back on topic, @GTP_Dutchy we obviously need some good sausage to go with those beers, keeping in the spirit of this week's event and all.

My fridge says check to that! :P

Last edited by a moderator:
1'31.934
2'05.017
3'04.067
3'50.084
4'23.817
5'21.850
6'01.250
6'36.250

Pretty good up to Eiskurve/Pflanzgarten where I completely messed up again + still taking way too less risk everywhere for a real hot lap. Hope for another 2sec up to posted splits. PB final so I won't gain any in the end. Goal achieved - almost 1sec faster at the line.

OH I know, that is why I miss being in europe

The late night Lamb salesman are plentiful and highly accessible around here, something to do with a drinking culture probably.
Agreed. Best snack before going to bed after a long hard night. Some anti-hangover elixir must be the main ingredient in the meats marinade ;) They are usually open 24/7 wich is very rare here in Austria.

the 10/9 brakes I was using were no good it seems... Great splits posted 👍 will get back on this tonight
smileys-car-driving-695389.gif

More than 500 km between the two last ones. I have this track memorized, except for most of the track between Karussell & Karussell.

Did a dumb move in the last sector. Based on Tuesday's numbers, I've 6 tenths to find, and a good weekend in which to pull it off.

1:33.384
2:07.100
3:07.200
3:54.217
4:28.384
5:27.850
6:07.417
6:42.600

the 10/9 brakes I was using were no good it seems... Great splits posted 👍 will get back on this tonight
smileys-car-driving-695389.gif
Guess that's depending on personal driving styles mainly... I'm always on pretty low brakes because my riding includes braking deep into turns and on lower brakes I don't override them all the time.
On the contra side there's clearly that I always have to calculate or assume braking points of guys ahead in close racing, cause I'll crash into if I only brake on reaction...+ I always have long braking zones from real high speed into slow turns.
With my style a low slightly to the rear BB is the best I found, but if your running a more conventional style a front BB is better - due to weight distribution and having good pressure on the right axle.

Beat my save right off the bat by .5 but lost heaps from the Karussell to the line :mad:

1'31.700
2'04.650
3'03.566
3'49.783
4'23.600
5'22.383
6'01.916
6'36.933

Being old I get thirsty by the halfway point and my mind goes off the lap and i start contemplating putting the kettle on for a brew :lol:

I'll be back 👍

Slower start to the lap but got faster at the end.. made .8 at the line 👍

1'32.033
2'05.133
3'04.233
3'50.183
4'24.000
5'22.183
6'01.867
6'36.417

Quite the jigsaw here trying to put all your best splits together, up and down all over the place :boggled: bah!!! 👎:ouch:👍

New Save and a measly .2 at the line..

1'31.950
2'04.900
3'03.983
3'50.050
4'23.683
5'21.583
6'01.633
6'36.383

Lost so much at the end again!!! like a kid on a bike for the first time with stabilizers :scared: Still more for me when I stay at the same pace and clean up the last sections. Good luck guys 👍

I guess I was a bit early on calling how insane the leader board is, no longer are 4 drivers covered by 6 tenths, oh no, over 6 and a half minutes of flat out racing on the toughest circuit on earth we have now crammed no fewer than 6 drivers in the space of ONLY 0.284 seconds.
6 and a half minutes and 6 racers are occupying less than 3 tenths of a second. What an absolutely mega event, I can't wait to see the final results if they manage to stay this close together. Fantastic driving by everyone out there, incredible to have such a close and competitive group of drivers over such a large distance, at all points on the times sheet. Totally blown away by this.

Back