GTP_WRS Week 125 : 180R

• Thread starter EDK
  • 125 comments
The
Hi guys just want to confirm that the grey stuff on the last bend is out of bounds as with every combo from the past on this track? Here's a pic from the section I am on about and just to know if the left front tyre goes on the grey its a fail am I right? Thanks in advance 👍

View attachment 908908

There's time to be made by driving over the grey stuff and I don't want to stay off it if it isn't a fail 👍
Grey bit of track behind the white line, and next to where the drain pipe starts, is considered as track though right?

The

Grey bit of track behind the white line, and next to where the drain pipe starts, is considered as track though right?
No, it's not.

The gray stuff is not tarmac.

It's concrete, or something else. Part of the drain.

EDIT: I think we have different definitions of "Grey".

The TARMAC behind the white line is track. The white line has nothing to do with the boundary.

As I said in the OP, tarmac and rumble strips are track surface. Nothing else.

But as soon as you transition past that tarmac into the concrete, not track.

Last edited:
I took the same pic I posted earlier in the week and marked off the danger zone with black outline.. anything left of it from the drivers perspective is good to go as far as I am aware 👍

20200412004127.jpg

EDK
No, it's not.

The gray stuff is not tarmac.

It's concrete, or something else. Part of the drain.

EDIT: I think we have different definitions of "Grey".

The TARMAC behind the white line is track. The white line has nothing to do with the boundary.

As I said in the OP, tarmac and rumble strips are track surface. Nothing else.

But as soon as you transition past that tarmac into the concrete, not track.
OK, got it, thanks!

Close to submitting with this

Trying to get my head around not using the drain and losing over .1 when week 122 seemed far more forgiving on track limits.

I think this is just about clean?

Attachments

• 20200414_225932.jpg
    20200414_225932.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Close to submitting with this

Trying to get around not using the drain and losing over .1 when week 122 seemed far more forgiving on track limits.

Looks like it most likely is, not the cleanest shot from phone into TV.

EDK
Looks like it most likely is, not the cleanest shot from phone into TV.

Cheers, trying to stop it at the exact point I was finding hard and kept having to rewind10 seconds and try again!
Unless there's a easier way?!

Trying to get my head around not using the drain and losing over .1 when week 122 seemed far more forgiving on track limits.

I just rewatched my Spa week 122 and nowhere on the whole track do you have a turn with the drain and no coloured rumbles like the last turn on Suz east unfortunately.. every natural driving line turn on Spa has red and yellow rumbles that show track limits perfectly! This last turn on Suzuka east has had many victims over the WRS's long years due to that nasty drain section and this is why I highlighted it early in the week because we could have seen lots and lots of red flags going out for the people not so familiar with that danger zone imo :eek:

Btw very nice splits Marky :cool:👍

I just rewatched my Spa week 122 and nowhere on the whole track do you have a turn with the drain and no coloured rumbles like the last turn on Suz east unfortunately.. every natural driving line turn on Spa has red and yellow rumbles that show track limits perfectly! This last turn on Suzuka east has had many victims over the WRS's long years due to that nasty drain section and this is why I highlighted it early in the week because we could have seen lots and lots of red flags going out for the people not so familiar with that danger zone imo :eek:

Btw very nice splits Marky :cool:👍

Thanks and yes I'm glad you did highlight it.
I know there was no similar drains on week 122 but to me just seemed far more lenient, the fact you could knock the bollards down and was deemed as clean and how wide you can run in some corners, I know it was still 'part of the track' but going up the hill at spa, i know I wasnt the only one who thought the same (sorry not good on corner names), like for like at suzuka east in that last sector I'm almost a car width across from were I started! I'm only .15 off from my first session as had pull right back in on last sector.
I guess I have been out of it for some time, tell me if I'm talking rubbish.
I remember quite well some years back when I narrowly won a hard thought TT only to be disqualified for one tyre being over the base of a cone, even know the cone didnt move, but at spa you can knock all the bollards down and its clean, doesn't make sense to me! I'm not not complaining or moaning atall and I'm guessing its been like this since day dot,
Cheers

I have had the same issue, amazed Ive never found the frame forward button! Will look for it now
There are 2 forward buttons when you pause a replay. One skips forward 10 seconds, the other advances one frame.

When do I have to save my best laptime? Is it stillpossible after the event is over?
Welcome! No it's not. You need to submit a laptime before the event deadline. That means the lap and the corresponding replay must be done before the deadline.

I've looked and looked and looked again, this is tight,
Can anyone confirm please, clean?

Attachments

• 20200416_000007.jpg
    20200416_000007.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200416_000126.jpg
    20200416_000126.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 20
I've looked and looked and looked again, this is tight,
Can anyone confirm please, clean?
In the still shot, it looks like it's clean, but I can't confirm until seeing a replay.

As for the boundary rules, I did make an exception here once, in a much more difficult car. But we try to be consistent on the same track from event to event.

The bollards at Spa are new, and a nuisance. We ran a Gr. 1 car there first, decided to allow them.

It's actually pretty darn easy to be clean in this last corner and still reasonably quick. You just can't cut the crap out of the track and hope for the best.

EDK
In the still shot, it looks like it's clean, but I can't confirm until seeing a replay.

As for the boundary rules, I did make an exception here once, in a much more difficult car. But we try to be consistent on the same track from event to event.

The bollards at Spa are new, and a nuisance. We ran a Gr. 1 car there first, decided to allow them.

It's actually pretty darn easy to be clean in this last corner and still reasonably quick. You just can't cut the crap out of the track and hope for the best.

Okay sure thanks for info, I think rather than having another go chasing last few thousandths im going to submit, I'm pretty sure its clean so will see what happens.

Back