GTP_WRS Week 127 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 51 comments
Note to self: Must try harder... :P I'll not be challenging at the 'ring this week though mate - I'm pretty crap around there still I'm afraid. :indiff:

Anyway, here's a look at my lap courtesy of YouTube:

Nice lap mate! its fun to see some line difference :), good idea to downshift in 1st gear at the hairpins of t3, i always kept second gear there, look more stable that way 👍 :)

Yeah the 'ring require a lot of practice to be competitive :scared:

Here is my replay and a picture of my ride this week. That is all for me for the next 10 days until I get back. Good luck to all at the Ring this week.

hfb8.jpg

Attachments

• GTP_Patrick_NTSC_WK127.zip
    324.9 KB · Views: 6
1'54.871---GTP_Mike_Peperni
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Nice lap Mike 👍, was interested to see how you used the handbrake, Watching where you used it was good to see, as the route I took with no handbrake you just had to be patient and wait for the car to turn. I might have to learn how to use it, for a future TT.

I'm really pleased with this result. My first division gold for 18 months. Also I think it's the first time I topped the handicap list. Apologies to Airsick for bumping you off the top so late in the day.

It goes to show you should always try different methods. In the last half hour I worked out how to get through Massenet (the left at the top of the hill) quicker and in the end knocked over half a second off my previous best.

Here's my PAL replay, there are a few close calls on the walls but no contact as far as I can tell. And thanks again to Chris for sharing your tune.

Cheers
S

No need to apologize, I gave it my all and wanted 1'56.xxx but couldn't put it all together. Congratulations on the win and for everybody else this week. Some crazy fast times as usual. Here is my NTSC replay

Attachments

• GTP_WRS_Airsick_Week_127_NTSC.zip
    325.8 KB · Views: 6
1'54.871---GTP_Mike_Peperni

Nice lap Mike 👍, was interested to see how you used the handbrake, Watching where you used it was good to see, as the route I took with no handbrake you just had to be patient and wait for the car to turn. I might have to learn how to use it, for a future TT.

Thank you Patrick! :)

Congrats Mike on the win, and to both you and Chris for the tunes and videos. Congrats to all other podium finishers.

I'll have to go back and read those posts again that explain how the handicap is computed... the one I got this week for fourth place in my division is much better than last week's... when I was first! (Maybe the spreads are quite different?)

Congrats everyone! It was a fun and challenging week. I tried the hand brake and failed miserably... I will have to try it again sometime! Off to the ring and a wonderful car!!!!!

Al

Attachments

• GTP_Allibubba99 WRS Week 127 Replay.zip
    326.1 KB · Views: 6
Thx Daniel :)

3---1'57.293---GTP_Allibubba99

clean lap! 👍 one tip that you can apply to almost any track/situations, for long corners like the tunnel, you would have gained about half a tenth staying very close on inside, the sprint to the finish line was also better to keep inside.

2---1'57.165---GTP_Airsick

Clean lap! 👍 same thing as Al for the long corners :), but depending the setup the car was tailhappy near the end of the tunnel wich was not always easy to stay close to the wall... :)

Thx Daniel :)

3---1'57.293---GTP_Allibubba99

clean lap! 👍 one tip that you can apply to almost any track/situations, for long corners like the tunnel, you would have gained about half a tenth staying very close on inside, the sprint to the finish line was also better to keep inside.

Thanks Mike! I will try to stay close to the inside next time!

Al

:confused: Which replay should I submit? Some of the data has my slower lap, and some has the faster lap which I sent with the wrong subject. Which time should I consider official? I've really managed to make a mess of things this week :dunce:.

:confused: Which replay should I submit? Some of the data has my slower lap, and some has the faster lap which I sent with the wrong subject. Which time should I consider official? I've really managed to make a mess of things this week :dunce:.

The Leaderboard shows 2'01.333 as your laptime, but the leaderboard is just an automated ("dumb") program that runs on a server. Vaxen manually inserted the laptime you accidentaly submitted as Week 126 into his results spreadsheet/database and calculated this weeks results with your faster time.

You have to upload the replay with the laptime of 1'59.824 .

I'll go make the leaderboard say the correct time of 1'59.824.

Thanks for explaining, Viper. 👍

viper84
The Leaderboard shows 2'01.333 as your laptime, but the leaderboard is just an automated ("dumb") program that runs on a server. Vaxen manually inserted the laptime you accidentaly submitted as Week 126 into his results spreadsheet/database and calculated this weeks results with your faster time.

You have to upload the replay with the laptime of 1'59.824 .

Thanks, and sorry to Vaxen, Lucas and all the other mods for the hassle. I'll post my replay this evening.

2---1'55.266---GTP_Vagabond (Replay Needed)

Nice lap Chris, I tried your tune and it was awesome through to T2 but could never get through the swimming pool without sliding all over the place, and the one time I did I braked too late for the hairpin. Your approach there was nice and smooth 👍 I think though you lost time in the chicane, it looks a tad bit cautious

3---1'56.139---GTP_PASM (Replay Needed)

Nice lap, 👍

6---1'56.837---GTP_Patrick1 (Replay Needed)

Nice lap Patrick 👍 handbrake would have earned you a few extra tenths

Last edited:
2---1'55.266---GTP_Vagabond (Replay Needed)

Nice lap Chris, I tried your tune and it was awesome through to T2 but could never get through the swimming pool without sliding all over the place, and the one time I did I braked too late for the hairpin. Your approach there was nice and smooth 👍 I think though you lost time in the chicane, it looks a tad bit cautious

3---1'56.139---GTP_PASM (Replay Needed)

Nice lap, 👍

6---1'56.837---GTP_Patrick1 (Replay Needed)

Nice lap Patrick 👍 handbrake would have earned you a few extra tenths

Thanks for the check. After watching the replays I agree with the need to learn how to use the handbrake. I did try a few times and probably hit it too long and went sideways, but I do see where my time could have been a couple of tenths quicker.

Hey all, here's my NTSC replay:

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL003.zip
    333.2 KB · Views: 6
Ooops didn't notice you'd checked. Thanks Manu. 👍 Yeah braking for the swimming pool exit was a delicate balancing act - I tried to trail brake enough to get the rear to start to step out for turn in then get straight back on the power - it worked 1 out of 3 times I think. I know where I lost time in sector 2 :sly: ...just about everywhere apart from Loues hairpin. :P

Sorry Greg, but you were dirty in the chicane. :(

I forgot to grab the exact time where I stopped it, but here's pics:

CocirctedAzur_zps86eee9ca.jpg

CocirctedAzur_1_zpsc07acd56.jpg

1---1'59.824---GTP_gman1647
rflagnv1.gif

Sorry Greg, but you were dirty in the chicane. :(

I forgot to grab the exact time where I stopped it, but here's pics:

CocirctedAzur_zps86eee9ca.jpg

CocirctedAzur_1_zpsc07acd56.jpg

1---1'59.824---GTP_gman1647
rflagnv1.gif

Ouch. I'm not sure what's more frustrating, that I watched it 3-4 times and didn't think I was close to being off there (I watch from chase view), or that I put the Admins through posting that time! Sorry:dunce:. Thanks for checking my replay, though.

Back