GTP_WRS Week 13 : WRS Goes to Hell

• Thread starter EDK
  • 477 comments
It gets difficult to hit marks sometimes at those speeds.

I have been taking tips from @GTP_Nail, @suprajef, and @GTP_Dutchy .

Ned told me to find my areas that I am good at and focus on them. He said no lap is going to be perfect.

Jeff and Kevin have been showing me better lines and gears to use.

Was fun to listen to @GTP_Dutchy explaining his lines around the track and giving you pointers " brake here, 3rd, tighter corner, steer in here, let the car roll"
The speed difference between the Gr.1 and Cayman is insane! Was watching the radar closely, but never ever saw @Argon until he flew past me :irked:.

Was fun to listen to @GTP_Dutchy explaining his lines around the track and giving you pointers " brake here, 3rd, tighter corner, steer in here, let the car roll"
The speed difference between the Gr.1 and Cayman is insane! Was watching the radar closely, but never ever saw @Argon until he flew past me :irked:.

I know, it was very informative. It helped me realize a lot. He just uses a lot more track than I am comfortable with at the momrnt. One tire drop in the 919 will send you spinning. I think there is a slight delay in what he was seeing vs me. Cause I noticed he would tell me something after the turn. Even when I rode with him.

Btw Bas, I didn't mean to fly up on you :D. I was trying not to pressure you and didn't realize I could take that corner with no brake in the LMP and the Cayman you had to brake

Hope I didn't upset your run Bas, I tried to wait until there was a safe space for me 👍

Hmm, I'm just not feeling it yet. Kind of wish they had the 24 hour track in the circuit experience, and that you could use any car you wanted on it. Also annoyed me that I got a terrible run through turn 2 on my fastest lap thus far. Might as well have used a Samba Bus through there.

Hmm, I'm just not feeling it yet. Kind of wish they had the 24 hour track in the circuit experience, and that you could use any car you wanted on it. Also annoyed me that I got a terrible run through turn 2 on my fastest lap thus far. Might as well have used a Samba Bus through there.

Yes Colin the infield there is a bit unsettling of the rear, I've shared a couple of pictures of how I take that turn 2. May help may not.

Tight in on the barrier then let it drift out wide, seems to miss the worst of the bumps that can get your rear end coming round.

Gonna have some time for this today and tomorrow, who else is running the Cayman? Just Alexamenos and me?

There are 10 on the registry for the race. I don't know how many are doing the TT tho.
I will be running the TT in the Cayman, have been away for work and have some catching up to do tonight and this weekend.

So where is the Cayman cut-off point right now? Because I want to hope its at 4:52 still because chasing a 4:49.X would be a mega lap in the Cayman. 4:51.4 is doable and beatable if I can pile on improving bit by bit every sector without dropping any.

Well after a very long session yesterday with no luck, I've managed to beat my time by 3.5s today:

Had two code browns in S8 but managed to keep two wheels on track and not spin... :scared::boggled::dopey:

I can’t help but wish I were 15 years younger,.. I can barely do two laps at a time :crazy: where, about 15 years back, I drove the ‘ring for hours with a fettled scooby 22b on a pad with sub 7’s :D

Anyway, I’m starting to get the symbiosis with the 991..

Tc off, B.B. 2 to rear

Started practicing for the 2.4 hour race so thought I might as well have a go at this as well. It's a lot more frustrating hotlapping with fuel map 1 and no tyre wear so there's some mistakes in this lap... will likely have another go before the deadline.

I can’t help but wish I were 15 years younger,.. I can barely do two laps at a time :crazy: where, about 15 years back, I drove the ‘ring for hours with a fettled scooby 22b on a pad with sub 7’s :D

Anyway, I’m starting to get the symbiosis with the 991..

Tc off, B.B. 2 to rear

I remember your Scrooby 22b well, i have to make sure my first lap is clean, as I have to find a lay-by on the second lap. That reminds me I must go for a lie down.

Back