GTP_WRS Week 137 : D(r)iving Bluebird

• Thread starter EDK
  • 93 comments
It's a great combo, I think anything stickier than C2s would make it a bit boring, with this it feels like you are constantly on the edge! Hopefully I can get another session in before Monday 👍

It's a great combo, I think anything stickier than C2s would make it a bit boring, with this it feels like you are constantly on the edge! Hopefully I can get another session in before Monday 👍

;)

39586283e58bd86cb91bb6791470c22f.jpg

:dunce: Stupid me, I've been running this combo all week wondering what was so hard about getting into low 18's and, well I'm sure you can figure out where I screwed up and why I was very hesitant to post a split. Ugh. Two weeks in a row... At least I might get another go at this one. It should prove a bit more exciting on the next try that's for sure.

:dunce: Stupid me, I've been running this combo all week wondering what was so hard about getting into low 18's and, well I'm sure you can figure out where I screwed up and why I was very hesitant to post a split. Ugh. Two weeks in a row... At least I might get another go at this one. It should prove a bit more exciting on the next try that's for sure.
Camber?

I'm either rusty* or doing better than I think. 137 laps 'all practice'.

Three times I had an S2 that was less than a tenth slower. One S1 was actually faster by 95 ms or so, but that was on a different lap from those three.

* About five weeks of diminished effort. Perhaps I'll have an active week toward the end of the year.

Beat my lap by .012 at the line and it's on the edge approaching the split but it's clean by my judgement 👍

Saw a .134 as my best split tonight and blew it due to looking at the damn split :D ... also I nearly matched my best save time with a .283 split :nervous: so I have no idea what we gonna see in the results as the split is pretty pointless without a great end section... was a fun little test will be submitting this if I don't improve tonight, Good luck to all still chipping away 👍

Apologies .. it seems I jumped the gun as the game allowed me a valid lap but I expect submitting with this on my replay would be a DQ! quite annoyed as I hit my target time too :(

ah well thought I'd share the incident pics just in case other people's game allowed what the stewards most certainly wont. annoyingly reverting back to my old best save unless it's the if the game don't red lap it rule? wont delete it just yet :dunce:

sorry about all the posts also but they are hours apart :P

Attachments

• Matterhorn Short Track.jpg
    Matterhorn Short Track.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Matterhorn Short Track_1.jpg
    Matterhorn Short Track_1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 22
Trying some things and it seems PS3 will start while warm so far so not sure what that's about.
I have no idea how you guys are doing what you are doing. Doing some warm up splits on DS3 for now.
18.516 is as far as I've got in S1, and I manged to set the exact same time on laps 39, 41 and 42 of my run...

Was just thinking how cool it would be to see the next week posted early as you did last week Kev .. nudge nudge ;) ;)

:D:tup:
Sorry, have a friend in town here and it was not my week to put one up. I know we have some combos ready, so you should see something posted later today.

Apologies .. it seems I jumped the gun as the game allowed me a valid lap but I expect submitting with this on my replay would be a DQ! quite annoyed as I hit my target time too :(

ah well thought I'd share the incident pics just in case other people's game allowed what the stewards most certainly wont. annoyingly reverting back to my old best save unless it's the if the game don't red lap it rule? wont delete it just yet :dunce:

sorry about all the posts also but they are hours apart :P
I believe @MadMax is going to post some pics as well, but what you have shown here is dirty. The dashed line is tough to see/enforce, but it's clear you have 3 wheels behind the line in this pic.

From my experience running laps, I did not think it was possible to do what you have done without a red clock.

We'll provide more clarification soon, but thanks for the careful scrutiny of your laps. 👍

Will have to go back and look at my own, but 99% sure I was able to keep the right 2 outside those lines.

I know why it's happening, as mentioned I have had a bunch of faster red clock laps, or at least faster than my old best. I have serious doubts on beating my current time.

Based on the line at which the car approaches the white rumbles , I cannot say for certain that it's clean or dirty.
Consider the dashed line as if it was solid. If the car would be on that solid line when entering the rumbles then the lap would be clean.

2 pictures for clarification:

DIRTY The rear tyre is clearly beyond the white line here.
full

-

CLEAN The rear tyre is in between the dashed white lines (It would be on the white line if it was solid)
full

Submitted (at least I think I have, we didn't have anything flashy like this fetchbot fella when I last participated!) with my last splits, not much time this week but to be honest, I was struggling with consistency throughout!

Edit: Seems like not, somehow all my settings have reverted to default after my first attempts and therefore my best lap was done with incorrect camber :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I'm really sorry guys, I have no time to run this again before tomorrow so looks like I won't be able to submit this week - sorry to be "that guy" who posts up splits and doesn't submit :nervous:
Lesson learned for next week I hope :grumpy:

Edit: Seems like not, somehow all my settings have reverted to default after my first attempts and therefore my best lap was done with incorrect camber :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I'm really sorry guys, I have no time to run this again before tomorrow so looks like I won't be able to submit this week - sorry to be "that guy" who posts up splits and doesn't submit :nervous:
Lesson learned for next week I hope :grumpy:

Don't feel to bad, I did the same exact thing. It does suck, but few a few glorious laps I was laying down alien-god lap times! WOW, a car and track that I alone seemed to have omnipotence over!!! Turns out it was a lot less omnipotent power and a lot more grip than everyone else.:(

Reactions: EDK
Thanks for the clarification Kev and Max 👍 I have just reviewed my top 5 saves and my top 2 both have a fail at the exact same place whilst not being redded by the game and sometimes it's quite hard to see the fail yourself on a normal playback... anyway my 3rd best save is clean and no issues so hopefully I can find something faster in the final day to close in on my ideal lap that was there but just wasn't meant to be :dopey:

As expected after having to ditch my best lap I'm going to watch every replay after the deadline and have my red flags at hand after this discussion :sly: don't make me use em :lol:

Cheers guys :cheers:

I have been trying to remove my entry but fetchy is not having it, and I will admit that the 0.48 miles is scarier than a McLaren masquerading as an Enzo around Spa

Reactions: EDK
I have been trying to remove my entry but fetchy is not having it, and I will admit that the 0.48 miles is scarier than a McLaren masquerading as an Enzo around Spa
Do you mean you are trying to remove your submission, or get your split off the board?

Back