GTP_WRS Week 138: Mitchybitchy

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 57 comments
You guys using +3 & +4 brake balance, must be inducing some sort of (for want of a better word) drift style entry into some of the corners, are you not? And struggling to put the stoppers out for the hairpin?
It has long been, and will probably always be, one of my MAJOR weak spots in this (and any other driving game) that I just cannot drift to save my life.:guilty:
In games like drive club (including the VR version, which works properly in VR so you can really look into the corners, or in the opposite direction in the case of drifting) I have only just ‘managed’ get through the drift sections of the tutorial by sheer damn luck, Think I would have to be like Worzel Gumadge and swap heads to one that doesn’t know how to drive properly to learn, and my neck is damaged enough as it is. So won’t be doing that :crazy:
Anyway, haven’t been able to do any runs for the last couple of days, but will get some laps in today and tomorrow I hope, I loves me some Suzuka, a very zen kind of track in many ways.

props guys:bowdown:

Neil

You guys using +3 & +4 brake balance, must be inducing some sort of (for want of a better word) drift style entry into some of the corners, are you not? And struggling to put the stoppers out for the hairpin?
It has long been, and will probably always be, one of my MAJOR weak spots in this (and any other driving game) that I just cannot drift to save my life.:guilty:
In games like drive club (including the VR version, which works properly in VR so you can really look into the corners, or in the opposite direction in the case of drifting) I have only just ‘managed’ get through the drift sections of the tutorial by sheer damn luck, Think I would have to be like Worzel Gumadge and swap heads to one that doesn’t know how to drive properly to learn, and my neck is damaged enough as it is. So won’t be doing that :crazy:
Anyway, haven’t been able to do any runs for the last couple of days, but will get some laps in today and tomorrow I hope, I loves me some Suzuka, a very zen kind of track in many ways.

props guys:bowdown:

Neil
No drifting for me in this thing. Use the curbs to pull it around corners, but definitely stay tidy.

BB +3

I loves me some Suzuka, a very zen kind of track in many ways.

Neil

I will agree heartily with that!

As for the hairpin and BB, I agree with EDK, unless you use the handbrake ( which is against the rules ) you will never induce a "drift" or much oversteer at all in this car. Clean and maximising track limits are where those final tenths are. Best of luck :cheers:

Neil

As the guys above said, this car is pretty hard to oversteer. That "drift style entry" could mean you're on the brakes too hard while also trying to turn at the same time. Gradually easing of the brakes as you put in some steering will keep the car's weight settled over all 4 tires, and ultimately faster.

There’s no white line rule in effect for this event, correct? Didn’t see anything in the OP but just wanted to make sure.
I will agree heartily with that!

As for the hairpin and BB, I agree with EDK, unless you use the handbrake ( which is against the rules ) you will never induce a "drift" or much oversteer at all in this car. Clean and maximising track limits are where those final tenths are. Best of luck :cheers:
I managed to induce a drift a few times by clipping the grass... and by drift I mean spinning wildly into the barriers :scared:

There’s no white line rule in effect for this event, correct? Didn’t see anything in the OP but just wanted to make sure.

I managed to induce a drift a few times by clipping the grass... and by drift I mean spinning wildly into the barriers :scared:

Not that I'm aware of? There isn't anywhere really that i can think of where there is just a white line anyway, It's red and white curbs and after that the grass, maybe on the exit of degner 2 actually? But thats pretty much it.

I submitted my lap, there is a tenth left I think but not sure I will chase it.

Not that I'm aware of? There isn't anywhere really that i can think of where there is just a white line anyway, It's red and white curbs and after that the grass, maybe on the exit of degner 2 actually? But thats pretty much it.

I submitted my lap, there is a tenth left I think but not sure I will chase it.
Yeah exit of degner 2 was the place I had in mind. Occasionally I’ll run a little wide and end up outside the line on the tarmac

Yeah exit of degner 2 was the place I had in mind. Occasionally I’ll run a little wide and end up outside the line on the tarmac

Yeah I usually find there is time ( in this car atleast, maybe not Gr.3 or higher ) to pull it back before that white line - just in case. I would have thought that was fine, but one of the stewards might be able to clarify that.

Although your S2 is lightning fast, maybe you are just taking more speed through there than I am :lol:

OK, final splits from me.

I know there is at least 0.4 sec out there somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere...............does anyone know where the fridge is???

Maybe it's behind there, anything you can't find. it's ALWAYS behind the fridge. :crazy:
Got a new knee brace thingy from the hospital today, to re-align my knackered left knee and hopefully buy me time before they have to completely replace it. So, a bit sore today and for the next few 'till I get used to it.
Light duties

Neil:cheers:

Left a good 3 tenths out there which I’m not happy about, but I couldn’t ever get four good sectors in one lap. Looks like just about everyone is having that problem though. :lol:Looking forward to the results and good luck to those still running :cheers:

Last edited:

Left a good 3 tenths out there which I’m not happy about, but I couldn’t ever get four good sectors in one lap. Looks like just about everyone is having that problem though. :lol:Looking forward to the results and good luck to those still running :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing that S2 in the replay :crazy:

Going to spend a few hours on this tonight to see if I can shave a bit more off. I know I left time in T2 and the final sector so it'll be nice to clean things up a bit. There's no chance of me catching the two speed demons however. :bowdown:

Back