GTP_WRS Week 143: Impressive Phil

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 69 comments
Here's my setup, for what it's worth
View media item 66979BB @ -1, TCS @ 1 (anyone else see the traction control kicking in at higher revs in 4th and 5th gears????)
Best I have so far, need to work on the third sector. Know where I am going wrong, just need to be braver in the left/right before the long 'straight'

Neil

Last edited:
Here's my setup, for what it's worth
View media item 66979BB @ -1, TCS @ 1 (anyone else see the traction control kicking in at higher revs in 4th and 5th gears????)
Best I have so far, need to work on the third sector. Know where I am going wrong, just need to be braver in the left/right before the long 'straight'

Neil
I would think you could sub lower LSD accel for the TC and it would work much better.

That's the whole reason you saw such low numbers on mine, and something I think you would find to be common on Gr. 3 car tuning.

EDK
I would think you could sub lower LSD accel for the TC and it would work much better.

That's the whole reason you saw such low numbers on mine, and something I think you would find to be common on Gr. 3 car tuning.

Still playing with the front camber setting until I can eliminate as much understeer in mid corner as I can, then gonna start on losing the TCS by playing with the diff settings.
Happy with the decel setting, as it allows the car to turn into the corners, but I am gonna play with accel incrementally until it just starts to push out of the turns, then back it off one click.

Not gonna be tonight though, doing this earlier, then the online 142 race, plus finally managing to silver all of the Lewis Hamiltom challenges by carving 15 seconds off of the Nordschlife time I had previously done, with an hour and a half of bloody scary hard graft, has me mentally knackered.

Neil

Submitted with these splits ( for now ).

I say for now, not because I will beat the lap ( blitzed that freaking chicane :gtpflag:), but because its pretty ( annoyingly even ) close in that last chicane, I am personally 100% satisfied it is clean having very carefully checked it, but I also don't really want to be "that guy" that submits a lap that takes a lot of checking from whoever reviews the replay.

Once the frustration wears off I will probably re submit with my other lap ( 0.250 slower :ouch: and all in the last chicane taking it much much more within track limits ).

Last edited:
Submitted with these splits ( for now ).

I say for now, not because I will beat the lap ( blitzed that freaking chicane :gtpflag:), but because its pretty ( annoyingly even ) close in that last chicane, I am personally 100% satisfied it is clean having very carefully checked it, but I also don't really want to be "that guy" that submits a lap that takes a lot of checking from whoever reviews the replay.

Once the frustration wears off I will probably re submit with my other lap ( 0.250 slower :ouch: and all in the last chicane taking it much much more within track limits ).

You got some buffer to the scrub in 2nd

No, he's just lulling me into a false sense of security. Running 75% power.

Lol nah, rest assured I’m not gonna pull a sneaky on ya

I have 2 tenths more, but I think I want to value my mental sanity and not chase those.

Sector 1 here is my worst sector in the whole game, I know how to go about it, I just lack the skill and dexterity to execute

I want to value my mental sanity and not chase those.

:lol: Thats pretty much where I'm at. I could probably match this lap or atleast close to it, but it won't be easy.

Its not S1 for me I actually quite like that section, it's the chicane that does me, lose so many laps trying to get it right, or be 2 tenths up and lose most of it being more controlled through it. I think running more oversteer in the car probably doesn't help that though.

:lol: Thats pretty much where I'm at. I could probably match this lap or atleast close to it, but it won't be easy.

Its not S1 for me I actually quite like that section, it's the chicane that does me, lose so many laps trying to get it right, or be 2 tenths up and lose most of it being more controlled through it. I think running more oversteer in the car probably doesn't help that though.

I’m running max rake lol. Min/max ride height. Haven’t been yeeting it on the chicane yet, maybe Sunday.

I’ll post tune tonight for anyone else who wants a try with it

Same, crazy oversteer, but crazy corner speed, especially with EDK's settings.

Yeah last chicane is worth a lot when yeeted, but man you can lose some laps trying!

What time you guys racing? I might join for a few if that's ok.. bored tonight and some short random sprint races will be good to pass some time until the wife finishes work at 11pm 👍

Yeah makes sense, if enough people wanna do sprint races that's cool.

What time you guys racing? I might join for a few if that's ok.. bored tonight and some short random sprint races will be good to pass some time until the wife finishes work at 11pm 👍

I'm in for some sprints 👍

Sure guys let's do it. My connection is not really solid enough for hosting but if Phil is willing to host I'll join too. We can start races '50 minutes from now if we all agree.

Yep I'm set up and ready to go.. I will be there 👍

... must remember to use tcs for the start this time and not lose 10 places before turn 1 haha :dunce:👍
Check the OP Ron, the WRX has some changes for this one.

Glad you said that mate.. I thought it was just random short races in random cars at random tracks doh!! :dunce:

I will probably give it a miss if it's using a tuner car that I haven't tested .. sorry for my confusion guys! Enjoy your racing 👍

Glad you said that mate.. I thought it was just random short races in random cars at random tracks doh!! :dunce:

I will probably give it a miss if it's using a tuner car that I haven't tested .. sorry for my confusion guys! Enjoy your racing 👍
Ron, we are probably just running one race with the WRX, then move on to whatever you guys want so no need to miss out today.

Ron, we are probably just running one race with the WRX, then move on to whatever you guys want so no need to miss out today.

Ok sounds good mate, I will sit and watch the tuner race and join the random events afterwards ;)👍

Sorry guys I thought it wasn't happening - movie night with my wife now.

If you guys wanna do some sprint races tomorrow night say 7pm ish? See if anyone else wants to join us? I'll host if your connections are struggling.

Good to see you btw @Mr P :cheers:

Sorry guys I thought it wasn't happening - movie night with my wife now.

If you guys wanna do some sprint races tomorrow night say 7pm ish? See if anyone else wants to join us? I'll host if your connections are struggling.

Good to see you btw @Mr P :cheers:
No problem got a room up. We might be there when you are done 👍

No problem got a room up. We might be there when you are done 👍

About an hour left - if you guys are still there I'll pop in to say hi and join a few races - no worries if you finish before then don't wait around for me guys.

Have fun :cheers:

Back