Hotlap Event in Arcade Mode Time Trial

full

Jaguar E-Type Coupe '61

full

Suzuka East

:: Open to All GTPlanet Registry Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Overview (How Does This Work?):
  • You must be part of our registry to participate.
  • These are Time Trial Events, we have Online Races here.
  • Set the game up according to the event, car and track details below.
  • Save Your BEST LAP replay before exiting your session.
  • Be sure and run cleanly to the end of the first sector after setting your fast lap. If you exit right away, your time stamp may not show up in your replay.
  • Report your split times in here, so you can compare your pace to other racers, without revealing the full lap time. (Note: this is required if participating)
  • Our leaderboard shows how you stack up during the week, before the deadline.
  • Submit your lap via PM to our Fetchbot, before the event deadline.
  • On deadline day, we will publish the results in our leaderboard and in a thread in this section.
  • Identified replays will be checked by your fellow participants to be sure you meet the event regulations.

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Time Trial
  • Track: Suzuka East
  • Car Type: Garage Car
  • Make: Jaguar
  • Model: E-Type Coupe '61
  • Max Power HP: 264 (Stock)
  • Weight: 2,866 lbs / 1,300 kg (stock)
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Sports Medium (front and rear)
  • Driving Line, Cones, Markers: Optional
  • Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
  • Tuning: No Tuning Allowed: Power and weight are to be stock.
  • In-Race Multi-Function Display (MFD) Functions: Optional
  • Custom Wheels: Allowed if available
  • Paint and Racing #: Livery editor Allowed if available
Course Settings:
  • Time: Optional

full

Standard Clean OLR Rules (These Apply to ALL Events):
  • The event MUST be run using your registered PSN account.
  • The use of the clutch is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times (See image below).
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible.
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty.
  • No hybrids.
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.

full
full

Race Specifics (Rules for This Specific Event):
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.
  • Green surfaces behind rumbles are NOT Track.
Steward's Comments:
We came up with this combo several months ago, but just never found a spot to slot it into. The Jag has a nice bit of slide through the esses and is a ton of fun here. 👍

Saving Replays, Viewing sector times and Submissions:
  • You need to make sure you use the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below).
  • Before saving your replay ensure that you continue running after completing your fast lap until at least the end of first sector. This will ensure you have a complete replay.
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Library' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replays' option.
  • While viewing your Replay, enter the live timing screen to view your sector splits. You will need to do this after your car has passed the sector markers to see it listed.
  • Simply post the splits that are shown in the live timing screen, and our Fetchbot will parse them and add them together for your total sector time.
  • When saving your fastest lap replay please ensure that you watch the replay to the end and that it displays your full lap time. Any replays submitted that do not show the posted lap time will result in a DQ.
  • Remember - When you submit your time you're also declaring that your run is 100% clean. We request replays for the purpose of verifying to all those concerned that the drivers claim is correct, which in turn safeguards the integrity of the driver, and just as importantly, the WRS. The golden rule is to check your replay before submission. If you’re still unsure, check it again, ask for a second opinion and if you’re still undecided, run the lap again.

(Best Lap Replay Save)

full

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on Skype or via other private IM service.):
  • Total Lap Time.
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total lap time.
  • If you choose to Share your Best-Lap Replay via GT Sport before the deadline,your full lap time will be considered to be shared publicly which contravenes our rules. Even if you've only shared with Friends.
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • The first 2 sectors: T1 and T2 times.
  • Any settings discussion.

full

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 155 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
  • Please submit your FULL LAP TIME in the following format on a single line:
    X:XX.XXX
    (Example-) 1:10.100
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • For those of you who were used to submitting replays on GT6, you no longer have the ability to export the files.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week 155 Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week 155 Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week just reply to the conversation with your new time. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • The deadline is Monday, November 16th 2020 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.
Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Division winners and overperformers will be required to submit a replay via the GT Sport Share function for verification AFTER Unofficial Results have been posted.
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Replay Verify Required).
  • Video/Youtube/Twitch replays are not accepted as a form of verification.

full

Good luck,
:gtplanet: & The WRS team.

Last edited:
A bit of a handful this one. Thinking smooth is fast with this one. BB even feels good to start.

I was using -1 in testing. Drag the brake into turn 1/2.

Howdy Y'all it's been a while! :dopey:
Life's been busy for a bit but I finally set my wheel back up and this combo is a lovely way to shake off the rust 👍
I assume one should rev the rods out of this thing and shift at the limiter?
Been leaving it in 3rd gear for the whole lap other than 4th on the straight :)
BB+1

Good times Y'all! :gtpflag:

Howdy Y'all it's been a while! :dopey:
Life's been busy for a bit but I finally set my wheel back up and this combo is a lovely way to shake off the rust 👍
I assume one should rev the rods out of this thing and shift at the limiter?
Been leaving it in 3rd gear for the whole lap other than 4th on the straight :)
BB+1

Good times Y'all! :gtpflag:

Good to see you back taking a run at these! Still not sure when to shift up to fourth gear as well.

Good to see you back taking a run at these! Still not sure when to shift up to fourth gear as well.
I think hold out until the last possible MPH. I am not entirely sure of what that is, we were just guessing at it a bit while testing.

While running online in a test lobby, I was finding 2nd gear for the final turn to be a bit faster for me. But it's premature to say it's purely faster, I suggest trying both and keeping an eye on the timer.

I think 184kph is as far as you can go before shifting.
Thanks.

That's 114, I think we were shifting around 112.

But that was in very limited running. hen the car goes this far past redline to the limiter, I usually like to pick an initial speed, run it for several laps, and then check if any another speed makes me any faster. Can be a little bit tricky to sort out at times, if your pace is not consistent. But normally still a good gauge.

Nice splits posted guys 👍 I've seen some 17.6 sector 2's but nailing the last bend without fractionally going off on your PB lap is easier said than done :scared:👍 This is my best sector 1 so far so here's a T1 vid..

GL and have fun with this one! It's Awesome!! :cheers:

The mass of the car is correct - 1300kg
But the weight is wrong, should be 2866lb, not 1455lb.

Reactions: EDK
That’s ok, I can run at 1455lb.

But the metric guys can still use 1300kg, it is their advantage because 1300 is less than 1455.

Last edited:
That’s ok, I can run at 1455lb.

But the metric guys can still use 1300kg, it is their advantage because 1300 is less than 1455.
I don;t think you will be able to get it down there. ;)

I suspect if you looked at last week's car, it likely weighs 1,455 lbs.

EDK
I don;t think you will be able to get it down there. ;)

I suspect if you looked at last week's car, it likely weighs 1,455 lbs.
Car weight fixed. Weirdest copy/paste error I've ever had. Fixed the kg off the conversion, but did not update the native weight. :lol:

Last edited:
EDK
Car weight fixed. Weirdest copy/paste error I've ever had. Fixed the kg off the conversion, but did not update the native weight. :lol:
I’ll speak for myself (while knowing others agree) and say I appreciate all the time and effort you and others put into these TT’s for us!
Thanks, this is a 2 way street.

WE appreciate anyone who shows up.

But particularly one such as you, who shows up for just about every event for 3 straight years. 👍

EDK
Thanks, this is a 2 way street.

WE appreciate anyone who shows up.

But particularly one such as you, who shows up for just about every event for 3 straight years. 👍
I get two or three 20 minute sessions each week to escape so to speak into these TT’s and concentrate on something different. Great therapy for our busy lives and I do not take for granted the effort folks put into making these happen :cheers:

I get two or three 20 minute sessions each week to escape so to speak into these TT’s and concentrate on something different. Great therapy for our busy lives and I do not take for granted the effort folks put into making these happen :cheers:
Yeah, a lot of times my weekday runs are daily workout milage, unless I get hooked in.

Sunday I normally run 60-90 mins. And then spend an hour putting up the combo when it's my turn.

In the old days, it took at least 4 hours for me to get a good time.

These days I think 2 sessions has me in D1, the rest is tenths.

Exception being a new or less learned track. A couple I have improved on with this game are Bathurst and Big Willow. But I still have to work harder at those to get a good time compared to most.

Certain tracks just make sense to me. Those don't, the highest speed sections are very tough for me.

And I don't think it's a matter of time spent anymore. Just more what suits my style.

I experience similar at some tracks in real life, albeit to a lesser degree. And typically the same issue, simpler layouts with higher speed.

Problem I have in the game it takes me a long time to get on the pace. This one is not too bad. About were I belong- no mans land between div 1 and 2.

Lately I have not had much time. Haven’t submitted because my times were terrible. I probably should have submitted them, don’t expect to move out of D1 bronze.

Last edited:

Problem I have in the game it takes me a long time to get on the pace. This one is not too bad. About were I belong- no mans land between div 1 and 2.

Lately I have not had much time. Haven’t submitted because my times were terrible. I probably should have submitted them, don’t expect to move out of D1 bronze.

Just try and enjoy the events if possible, no matter where you finish as long as you gave it your best nobody can ask for more ;) We all have good and bad results! That's the joys of competition against like minded quality racers :cheers:

Don't let it deflate your passion for the events... Just have fun mate :cheers:

Know what we don't actually downgrade your handicap if you underperform it.

We do that to encourage participation.

It does have a side effect of moving your handicap above where it would normally end up. I am a fantastic case in point. :lol:

This is pretty much all Tsukuba and Dragon Trail. Lol.

Latest Posts

Back