GTP_WRS Week 16 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 110 comments
2---1'41.414---GTP_T13R -
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'41.615---GTP_JBRINKLEY -
gflagjn4.gif

Clean, times & tires match. 👍

The Silver and Bronze for D3, the Division I hope to be in, one day. I would have gotten 4th if I were in D3, so I had a "special" interest in your replays...

Only .201sec apart, jbrinkley's lap is definitely cleaner, yet the slower of the two. He wins the corkscrew, with a courageous dive & exit, but somehow T13R kept his speed up while staying in 2nd gear from the corkscrew till after the next left; I really can't fathom how.
You have some serious rev limiter bouncing there. :nervous:

But T13R bests jbrinkley fair and square, with a SixAxis (no rumble feedback) lap. 👍 :bowdown:

Thanks Gravitron, I'm sure you'll be in Div. 3 soon. It seemed like anytime I took a chance on this track I ended up facing the wrong way.... I don't like loose race cars and this beast was one of the worst cars I've driven......

I like the weeks we can tune the cars much better. thanks again for checking my replay.

2---1'41.414---GTP_T13R -
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'41.615---GTP_JBRINKLEY -
gflagjn4.gif

Clean, times & tires match. 👍

The Silver and Bronze for D3, the Division I hope to be in, one day. I would have gotten 4th if I were in D3, so I had a "special" interest in your replays...

Only .201sec apart, jbrinkley's lap is definitely cleaner, yet the slower of the two. He wins the corkscrew, with a courageous dive & exit, but somehow T13R kept his speed up while staying in 2nd gear from the corkscrew till after the next left; I really can't fathom how.
You have some serious rev limiter bouncing there. :nervous:

But T13R bests jbrinkley fair and square, with a SixAxis (no rumble feedback) lap. 👍 :bowdown:
Thanks for checking the replays Gravitron, it looks like you should be on your way up to D3 👍

I wasn't happy with my lap but I was pressed for time last week. I had to mess around with the controller sensitivity setting to have smoother steering inputs as I use the D-pad and the buttons. So it was tough to keep the rear in check when re-accelerating.

As for the part after the corkscrew staying in 2nd gear... I simply took Dan's (MarkWebber) advice as he said you could stay in gear and keep the speed up in that corner. So every lap I did, whether good or bad, I practiced that corner to see how I could keep the speed up.

Thanks guys! 👍

Hope I didn't sound too negative on ya, T13R, I know my DS3 laps are hella jerky, and I'm still a tenth or two faster with it, vs DFGT. My Laguna lap was DS3 as well, which, BTW, I don't think it's been checked yet:

Post #39

I'm guessing promotions may happen after this Week 16 becomes final. :dopey:

Erg, I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

EDIT: I've updated Post #39's attachment with another try, using WinRAR this time, instead of linux zip.

Last edited:
D4 might be all poolhaas'...

I hit a brake marker on the right, before the first turn.
I guess I should have considered that dirty and gone for more laps.

I have to take off for a few hours now, but will check back later on whether I'm DQ or not.

Thanks Dan, for checking, how ironic, eh? :)

Lucas

D4 might be all poolhaas'...

I hit a brake marker on the right, before the first turn.
I guess I should have considered that dirty and gone for more laps.

I have to take off for a few hours now, but will check back later on whether I'm DQ or not.

Thanks Dan, for checking, how ironic, eh? :)

Lucas

Yeah, totally unbelievable that the results of the combo resulted for both of us, being checked by each.

Sorry, bud!

Unless reversed............

GTP_Gravitron -
rflagnv1.gif

Hitting the #2 brake marker, just before turn #1.

Yeah, totally unbelievable that the results of the combo resulted for both of us, being checked by each.

Sorry, bud!

Unless reversed............

GTP_Gravitron -
rflagnv1.gif

Hitting the #2 brake marker, just before turn #1.

Putting it up for discussion with the admin team, might be a day or 2 before we get back to this. The original post did have this bit in it -

No Contact with walls or other objects (Including Cones and Invisible Walls). Any contact with objects, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ. This includes the cones on the left of the start finish straight on the approach to turn 1.

EDK
The original post did have this bit in it -

No Contact with walls or other objects (Including Cones and Invisible Walls). Any contact with objects, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ. This includes the cones on the left of the start finish straight on the approach to turn 1.

That was my evaluation for the red flag! :)

Hitting a brake marker in my opinion is not going to help you in any way, if anything it's going to slow you down or in a car like that maybe make it a bit more twitchy or less controllable. The cones I can understand as that can be seen as cutting the track to maybe eek out another tenth or so. To be DQ'd for something that is by no means gaining you an advantage would be very harsh in my opinion. If Kev is putting this up for discussion with the admin team then I would say he feels the same and the lap should be clean, just my 2 cents 👍

Hitting a brake marker in my opinion is not going to help you in any way, if anything it's going to slow you down or in a car like that maybe make it a bit more twitchy or less controllable. The cones I can understand as that can be seen as cutting the track to maybe eek out another tenth or so. To be DQ'd for something that is by no means gaining you an advantage would be very harsh in my opinion. If Kev is putting this up for discussion with the admin team then I would say he feels the same and the lap should be clean, just my 2 cents 👍

I'm putting it up for discussion because I'm not sure that we've ever had a DQ for hitting a marker sign and I want to make sure we're all in agreement for making a ruling.

I'm not posting that bit of information in here to make it a debate of the membership. Understand where you might be coming from, but the first post was quite clear on these types of issues.

We'll discuss internally, and make our decision.

EDK
I'm putting it up for discussion because I'm not sure that we've ever had a DQ for hitting a marker sign and I want to make sure we're all in agreement for making a ruling.

I'm not posting that bit of information in here to make it a debate of the membership. Understand where you might be coming from, but the first post was quite clear on these types of issues.

We'll discuss internally, and make our decision.

I was about to edit my post and say this could also be classed a dirty lap as the admin team could see the brake marker being of assistance to slowing the car down.

Sorry I know this is nothing to do with me just trying to help

This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping would never happen to me.

But I am kind of curious what the Admins will come up with...
So we'll have a definite answer for future occurrences.

My lack of attention and time is now causing others to have to spend their personal time,
many apologies, folks.

Thanks for the ideas Plato, maybe something good can come out of this.

I'll be interested too see what is the admin team verdict on the braking marker case.

I for one had faster lap time I didn't submit because I hit the brake marker on the right before 1st corner.

MadMax

Sorry to read that a member has caught foul of one of the many objects around the track, :( we all know what is stated in the rules, visible or invisible.

We have all tried not to hit these markers, as they are part of the track as are walls even if invisible.

Unfortunately it's just one of them accidents :ouch: that happen pushing to the limit and should be classed the same.

Phillip.

We're upholding the DQ on this one.

GTP_Gravitron -
rflagnv1.gif

It was in the rules to begin with, and people were tossing out laps because of it.

Allowing people to hit the markers would allow them wider corner entry, which may offer an unfair advantage. That may not have been the intent here, but we're not here to rule intent.

Sorry to hear that Gravitron, you deserved the gold in D4 because you had a considerable margin in the end.
Don't let it get to you and keep up the fast work!

Thanks everyone, Kevin & Admins especially, for your attention on this.
Sorry, sorry, and it won't happen again! I definitely screwed up. :ouch:

Not the best way for this to happen, poolhaas, but congrats on your first D4 Gold. 👍
And you may be headed for a more "deserved" one this week, by the looks of your splits! :cheers:

Too bad on the appeal, Lucas.

You have better "times" ahead!!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, Kevin & Admins especially, for your attention on this.
Sorry, sorry, and it won't happen again! I definitely screwed up. :ouch:

Dont beat yourself up over it. You are not the first, nor will you be the last to be DQ'ed.

My first DQ

and this was my very first WRS. :ouch:

Now look where I am :)

Back