GTP_WRS Week 161 : GT Academy Interlagos Style

• Thread starter EDK
  • 68 comments
I don't understand T2.. I have hit low .5 in T1 but can barely get into 54.9 in T2
Brandon, other than the first corner, S2 is all about using the track camber to your advantage.

The first corner, there is no advantage in going deep, brake on time or even early, early back on the throttle to launch off the corner, which sets up a nice S2.

As for the camber, the next uphill double right has turn in earlier than you think to get to the inside and stay on the right half of the track through both apexes, then track out to the braking zone for the next downhill right.

Next right hand hairpin, GET TO THE APEX, as the track has a lot of camber here as well, and the car will wash out on the outside, which is more OFF camber.

When you track out, just stay track left for the entry to the next corner, and brake early. The natural camber will pull you around.

Manage throttle and then mash it for the uphill right leading to a critical braking zone. Don't wash out on that next right hander, make the apex and make sure you do not track too far left. Maybe left wheels on the rumble, but if you get the whole car up there, it gets too upset with the rumble shape and you lose a bunch of time.

For the high speed downhill left that ends the sector, you can just ride the inside and use the track camber at full throttle, force the car down in there and it should just track out to the next braking zone on its own.

Very tricky track, the cambered corners are a lot like Laguna Seca. You cannot look at the shape on the map and make sense of them, the line is unique to the track.

Hope this helps. 👍

Last edited:
Did you all ever come up on a general consensus on if we can submit gt sport ps5 times? I've got GT Sport loaded up on the ps5 and will be trying out the combo when I get home.
We just need to make sure the replay process works as intended. So if you could run an expired combo and share from PS5, we can check.

Also, Merry Christmas, WRS. :D

EDK
We just need to make sure the replay process works as intended. So if you could run an expired combo and share from PS5, we can check.

Also, Merry Christmas, WRS. :D

I have 20k credits. I'll have to look and find an expired combo that I can buy.

On your guide, that sounds about how I'm running it.. probably just not fast enough and to much rust to knock off. I'll try and give it another go before I go to work tomorrow and see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

I have 20k credits. I'll have to look and find an expired combo that I can buy.

On your guide, that sounds about how I'm running it.. probably just not fast enough and to much rust to knock off. I'll try and give it another go before I go to work tomorrow and see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.
Or, just run a combo and let us know what it is so we can find it.

The other things I failed to mention were to be really smooth, and do a lot of partial braking and trail braking. But REALLY smooth.

Last edited:

EDK
Or, just run a combo and let us know what it is so we can find it.

The other things I failed to mention were to be really smooth, and do a lot of partial braking and trail braking. But REALLY smooth.

I was dropping to 2nd in the first corner of s2.. lowest was a .8 there.. so I've got about .25 tenths left in this one.

Thanks for the tips Kevin. Really helped out a ton

EDK
Brandon, other than the first corner, S2 is all about using the track camber to your advantage.

The first corner, there is no advantage in going deep, brake on time or even early, early back on the throttle to launch off the corner, which sets up a nice S2.

As for the camber, the next uphill double right has turn in earlier than you think to get to the inside and stay on the right half of the track through both apexes, then track out to the braking zone for the next downhill right.

Next right hand hairpin, GET TO THE APEX, as the track has a lot of camber here as well, and the car will wash out on the outside, which is more OFF camber.

When you track out, just stay track left for the entry to the next corner, and brake early. The natural camber will pull you around.

Manage throttle and then mash it for the uphill right leading to a critical braking zone. Don't wash out on that next right hander, make the apex and make sure you do not track too far left. Maybe left wheels on the rumble, but if you get the whole car up there, it gets too upset with the rumble shape and you lose a bunch of time.

For the high speed downhill left that ends the sector, you can just ride the inside and use the track camber at full throttle, force the car down in there and it should just track out to the next braking zone on its own.

Very tricky track, the cambered corners are a lot like Laguna Seca. You cannot look at the shape on the map and make sense of them, the line is unique to the track.

Hope this helps. 👍

Your comparison to Laguna Seca makes total sense to me and why I struggle here as I do at Laguna Seca. Thanks for the tips as always 👍

Close one.. I shattered my PB with this one..

Clean or dirty? Its the closest spot on the corner.

Attachments

• 20201227_200741.jpg
    20201227_200741.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 15

Latest Posts

Back