GTP_WRS Week 166 : Fuji GT

• Thread starter EDK
  • 61 comments
You need to dip your toes in this one. Shouldn't take someone like you very long to get up to speed on this.. especially since the chicane isn't in play.

I would but I'm working today and have a race tomorrow night to practice for, so probably not till Monday night. I like Gr3 and Fuji so hopefully not a long adjustment time.

I didn't click about the no chicane part so thanks for that :cheers: really changes the feel of the last sector tbh

I would but I'm working today and have a race tomorrow night to practice for, so probably not till Monday night. I like Gr3 and Fuji so hopefully not a long adjustment time.

I didn't click about the no chicane part so thanks for that :cheers: really changes the feel of the last sector tbh

I'm glad they opted for the no chicane version, even with RM tires its tough to get traction out of the corners. Would have made that a nightmare.

A note for those running. I made an error when putting up the thread and did not refer back to past events.

The bollard at the apex of coca-cola corner (turn 2) is fair game to hit. I did not hit it on my fastest lap (surprisingly) but I want to be sure we don't have a bunch of silly DQs over a skinny bollard. 👍

Updated tack specific details.

• Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.
  • Green areas, all-red rumbles (exit right of Coca Cola and exit right of the 2nd to last turn), and the orange bit in the apex of the GT turn ARE NOT LEGAL.
  • NOTE: Permanent track marker cones (Skinny orange and white corner markers) MAY be touched, knocked over, obliterated, and stomped on.

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of the new cone ruling.. I have a save already but it lifts to avoid such contacts unfortunately, will come back on another event with normal rules, Have fun guys 👍

I'm not griping just not for me is all :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of the new cone ruling.. I have a save already but it lifts to avoid such contacts unfortunately, will come back on another event with normal rules, Have fun guys 👍

It's actually not new, it's what we have done for other Fuji events.

It is specifically the skinny one at Turn 2, and we have had past events when people did not even notice them.

I think it's completely possible to run the same lap time with or without hitting it, it's more of a situation to avoid DQs.

I personally cant remember ploughing through cones at Fuji so I mustn't have been in those events either.. just personal preference I suppose 👍

Good luck to all in the results :cheers:

I generally happily hit a track cone unless otherwise told tbh. I feel like I remember a few at Fuji at the chicane also ( I'm aware this is the non chicane version however )

Although I've stopped using those orange optional cones, had too many laps affected by hitting them funny and they go under the car. Within a few laps there always ends up being another marker, just a little harder to find sometimes.

I'm glad they opted for the no chicane version, even with RM tires its tough to get traction out of the corners. Would have made that a nightmare.

I quite like the chicane tbh, it doesn't have big curbs so its a lot less frustrating then say the Nurb GP chicane, and I like the flow of it, it opens out a little on the last apex and you feel like you can really get on the power nice and early. But I do think I'd be in the minority with this :lol:

That's a real bummer that you're gonna let a small stick prevent you from enjoying such a wonderful drive. Where it's positioned is not even at a make or break corner. Honestly, I've ended up carrying to much speed through turn 3 when I did run it over, that I would consider trying to avoid it, it doing its job because that allows you to take a better run into turn 3 and 4.. which ARE make or break corners for this track. I mean you've obviously already put the time in to learn the breaking points and tendencies of the car, with only a slight adjustment to a braking point and turn in needed.. why give up?

I quite like the chicane tbh, it doesn't have big curbs so its a lot less frustrating then say the Nurb GP chicane, and I like the flow of it, it opens out a little on the last apex and you feel like you can really get on the power nice and early. But I do think I'd be in the minority with this :lol:

Well I may have over exaggerated when I said nightmare. It would almost be the same as the 2nd to last corner, which is a pain because of the elevation change with this car. It would have been a lot harder to get a good lap, which I guess is always the case anytime you start adding in more corners.

That's a real bummer that you're gonna let a small stick prevent you from enjoying such a wonderful drive. Where it's positioned is not even at a make or break corner. Honestly, I've ended up carrying to much speed through turn 3 when I did run it over, that I would consider trying to avoid it, it doing its job because that allows you to take a better run into turn 3 and 4.. which ARE make or break corners for this track. I mean you've obviously already put the time in to learn the breaking points and tendencies of the car, with only a slight adjustment to a braking point and turn in needed.. why give up?

I don't like to drive those boundaries sorry, I prefer the rules like streets of willow where if you tickle the problem cone you get DQ'ed! just my own preference.. nothing more! 👍

@Mr P you must hate Spa then :lol: cone city!

No I like Spa actually.. I just avoid the cones 👍 I'm not gonna reply in here anymore guys as I never intended to part hijack the thread with my dislike of the late rule change regarding the cone. Looking forward to the next event 👍

Hope you all have a good finish to the week and GL in the results :cheers:

Server maintenance tonight sidelined me from my last session as I won't get a chance tomorrow. I had plenty of time to run this one so I seriously doubt I would improve. Submitting with these final splits.

Good luck to all!

Got abit more pace. The turn before all tight bits in the last section is what keeps doing me in. If I can nail that, I might have just abit more left.

And I did

Turn 1 is also a big weakness for me regardless of what I did brakes wise. Just could never get the car to slow at just the right speed and get on the throttle well enough. Finally had that lap where I cleaned up both parts. That's pretty much all I got, submitting. Good luck all 👍

Last edited:
That was a frustrating session. A long standing issue with my G29 throttle has gotten worse, and it now fails to hold full power to varying degrees each lap, sometimes just a little flutter, sometimes it drops to half for a few seconds. Hopefully a good strip/clean can tide me over until a replacement.

Managed to get a scruffy but clean lap in with minimal throttle issues, and had fun controlling the missile ( it really is fast down those straights! )

BB is 0, optimal is probably another tenth or probably more with a few extra sessions, but that will just have to nag away at me :lol:

Submitting with this, best of luck everyone :cheers:

7359458014742478864_0.jpg
7205768271424946192_0.jpg

Last edited:
Back