GTP_WRS Week 17: And Now For Something Completely Different!

Lagos ? In Portugal ?
It's the kartodromo in Portimão. Highly recommended!

This combo is addictive! I guess i have reached my limit, but it's fun to keep on trying. I even switched ABS off, since you don't need aggressive braking here. But you need to make sure that the weather will provide you with some wind in your back when going uphill, it will allow you to shift into 6th without loosing speed uphill.

13 Drivers so far!!!! I can’t wait to see all these sub 19.5T1’s. I just can’t put this one down! Kind of biased after creating this TT!
I've seen a few 19.5xx's but never managed to keep it together to the finish. Doing much better with the 1st hairpin now but the one in sector 2 is making or breaking my laps. I'm super inconsistent and also exceeding track limits there. More work to do, but its a fun combo.

I'm getting frustrated with the variable weather on these time trials having an impact on lap times. I hate wasting time reloading event so the wind direction isn't unfavorable.

Last edited:
Last night finally seeing consistently fast 1st sector times I came flying out of the first hairpin in shock! Had to keep it together for the next one, I hit the 2nd hairpin apex nicely. Now the nerves were through the roof, just concentrate! It’s full throttle the rest of the way, watch the apexes!!!!! Very happy with my lap. We shall see how it goes!

BB -2

Not really feeling like doing a session yet today so just posting yesterday’s split and submitting so I don’t forget, as if I drive again it’ll probably be close to the deadline to let some of the heat die down.

Good luck to all, I’m looking forward to seeing the results as I really don’t know what times we’ll be seeing. Sector 2 has stolen some really good times from me.

My Livery this week...

full

full

Shared my best now. Enjoyed this, there must be other tracks that could be awesome to try this on for a change.
After saying that, I went to check this combo elsewhere, found one I think would be great and a challenge.
Alsace Test Course, 1.32mls either forward or reverse would be another fun challenge sometime, trial run tells me its like a 50 second ish lap 😆

Last edited:
Me looking at the leaderboard this morning...

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

Bought a new kart just to double check that my lap kart was stock. Shared the replay, still have the feeling that something was wrong with my lap...

Enjoyed this, there must be other tracks that could be awesome to try this on for a change.
The kart is good fun, another track i enjoyed with the kart is Willow Springs, Horse Thief Mile.

Bought a new kart just to double check that my lap kart was stock. Shared the replay, still have the feeling that something was wrong with my lap...

I always get that feeling too, don’t worry, pretty soon it’ll be typing out “I don’t know how I went that fast either, stop asking!”. :lol:

Anyway, maybe a little early, but nice time, congratulations on the win. Hopefully it won’t be too long before the next one, but you do appear to like small and grippy, so maybe not too soon either, as that’s where I’m happiest. What other options do we have beyond RB Junior? Maybe a fully tuned Cappuccino? :drool:

Last edited:
I have been thinking about a fully tuned combo. Trouble is it would have to be all parts allowed because we have no way of checking the vehicle details. Stay tuned! (Pun intended)

Al

Back