Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Sports Hard (front) / Sport Medium (rear) - Opposite stagger
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Adjustment Allowed
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Prohibited
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional
  • Custom Wheels, Paint and Racing #: Allowed.
Course Settings:
  • Time: Optional
  • Weather: 0/0/0
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

full

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac between the white lines (including the line itself), Red-n-white rumbles, and All-White rumbles are track. No other surfaces are track.

Specific examples are below (from GT5's Monza)

MonzaBoundaries.jpg

Steward's Comments:
The remaining RUF in GT6 enjoys the limelight this week, before we all jump into the Porsches on GTSport. We're using the reverse tyre stagger to keep the car pointing forward, but it still has plenty of challenge on corner exits... provided you get it slowed down first! :mischievous:

Obligatory Nurb video:

full

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
full

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • The first 2 splits: T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion

Splits Sharing

• WRS Participants have traditionally shared splits as a way to reveal their pace without providing the full lap time until the event deadline. Posting of splits is not mandatory, but is considered fair sportsmanship.
  • WRS Admins reserve the right to request posting of splits from members who show a pattern of avoidance or deception in this area.
  • If you fail to comply with a direct request from an admin to post splits for a current or future event, we reserve the right to disqualify your lap from the results.[/B]

full

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 170 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, April 24th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site
Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:

• Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification
full

Good luck, :gtpflag:
OLR Team

Oh ok. Had to abandon lady weeks. Never got to 20m and was also away from Thursday. Back to tomorrow so will be giving this one a go and trying to get my promotion for sure.
Is it three consecutive negative handicaps you need to get for promotion or something?
Hi guys - B

First time driving this car so plenty of learning to do re braking points etc.
8 laps 4 blue 4 red.
Nice easy sector times to get things going and that everyone can beat

30.1 1'06.2, 🤬 this combo, 🤬 it hard. Car? Nope, way more fun than I expected, great call there, guys. Track? One of my favourites, was itching for another combo here. So, am I just crazy? No, not just that, the boundaries are still broken here, nearly three years later and I'm still seeing perfectly acceptable laps red flagged by the game because... two tyres on the track (the actual track) is me having "left the track" according to the game. I'll almost certainly be trying again, but I've only made it to the second checkpoint twice in about three quarters of an hour, so it's rather unlikely I'll get anywhere. Disappointed, as this is a great combo bar the shoddy programming. :(

Edit: I should point out that this probably won't be a problem for most participants, I just have a problem changing the way I drive a track, particularly when I'm within the rules for the event.

30.1 1'06.2, 🤬 this combo, 🤬 it hard. Car? Nope, way more fun than I expected, great call there, guys. Track? One of my favourites, was itching for another combo here. So, am I just crazy? No, not just that, the boundaries are still broken here, nearly three years later and I'm still seeing perfectly acceptable laps red flagged by the game because... two tyres on the track (the actual track) is me having "left the track" according to the game. I'll almost certainly be trying again, but I've only made it to the second checkpoint twice in about three quarters of an hour, so it's rather unlikely I'll get anywhere. Disappointed, as this is a great combo bar the shoddy programming. :(

Edit: I should point out that this probably won't be a problem for most participants, I just have a problem changing the way I drive a track, particularly when I'm within the rules for the event.
Oh that is quite annoying to hear!

Oh that is quite annoying to hear!

Definitely try it first, just be cautious, if your outside tyres touch the rumbles in sector 1 or in the chicane at the start of sector 2 then it's likely to invalidate the lap. I say likely because I've gone through the first sector with all my tyres leaving the track with no penalty. :lol: So as I said, shoddy programming, the boundaries seem to like moving here. :irked:

Definitely try it first, just be cautious, if your outside tyres touch the rumbles in sector 1 or in the chicane at the start of sector 2 then it's likely to invalidate the lap. I say likely because I've gone through the first sector with all my tyres leaving the track with no penalty. :lol: So as I said, shoddy programming, the boundaries seem to like moving here. :irked:
In the double chicane, *I* have found the first part is fine, it's the latter where it's being a pain. The following chicane is bad too, but at least it is simpler in structure.
It IS annoying.

Sorry to hear you're not having an easy time out there. We were aware of the harsh track limits on the 80s layout, but the team felt that it was more fitting for such a classic car to go here, seeing as we ran the standard layout last time. Hopefully we can lure you back later in the week! :P

I correct myself, the double chicane is like 75% wrong. And I bet it's only the wall that keeps it from being all wrong. Iow. I haven't seen the game disqualify a lap where I just miss that wall.
I find no consistency in the first sector, same as the last time here when it was a... US machine, perhaps?

I think it's done somewhere from the garage menu. I'm not sure though, I've done it only once long time ago

I find the boundaries on most tracks are a bit inconsistent when it comes to red-flagging a lap. I've experienced it so many times on both Monza configurations, Fuji, RedBull Ring and La Sarhte. It always seems to me that it has more to do with the cars yaw angle compared to the corner radius at the time you cross certain points :odd:. Like on the second part it punishes you because your attack angle looks like you cut the previous corner too or something like that :confused:. You get the same inconsistencies in the race penalty system :grumpy:

I just put this down to the usual inability for something to be programmed to take every possible variable into account, due ironically to having too many other things to do :lol:. Or, what happens when you let a computer do a humans job ;).

I correct myself, the double chicane is like 75% wrong. And I bet it's only the wall that keeps it from being all wrong. Iow. I haven't seen the game disqualify a lap where I just miss that wall.
I find no consistency in the first sector, same as the last time here when it was a... US machine, perhaps?

This specific layout? I thought it was the 97T, but I did miss about six months of events due to a lack of motivation.

I find the boundaries on most tracks are a bit inconsistent when it comes to red-flagging a lap. I've experienced it so many times on both Monza configurations, Fuji, RedBull Ring and La Sarhte. It always seems to me that it has more to do with the cars yaw angle compared to the corner radius at the time you cross certain points :odd:. Like on the second part it punishes you because your attack angle looks like you cut the previous corner too or something like that :confused:. You get the same inconsistencies in the race penalty system :grumpy:

I just put this down to the usual inability for something to be programmed to take every possible variable into account, due ironically to having too many other things to do :lol:. Or, what happens when you let a computer do a humans job ;).
The thing I like the least about the penalty system is the red clocking of the next lap for anything you do wrong from the spawn point until the end of the lap. I understand why it's there, for people who choose to cut the corner to gain an advantage. But we also know they didn't even do that right, see Streets of Willow to know what I am talking about.

The Cape Ring combo from last week, if you missed the braking point for the last heavy braking zone and crash, to add insult to injury, you may as well reset as well, otherwise you NEXT lap is going to be red clocked. :ouch:

EDK
The thing I like the least about the penalty system is the red clocking of the next lap for anything you do wrong from the spawn point until the end of the lap. I understand why it's there, for people who choose to cut the corner to gain an advantage. But we also know they didn't even do that right, see Streets of Willow to know what I am talking about.

The Cape Ring combo from last week, if you missed the braking point for the last heavy braking zone and crash, to add insult to injury, you may as well reset as well, otherwise you NEXT lap is going to be red clocked. :ouch:
Yeah, that's the one that really grinds my gears too :irked:. It always seems to happen to me when I run wide and loose all momentum anyway and just as I'm getting into the swing of the combo too :banghead:. But what can we do !?. Moan and grumble !?. Personally, I use the pre flagged laps to try something different from the groove I find myself in. Maybe try a deeper entry point somewhere or try different lines through chicanes etc. Sometimes that's where I find that little thing that can makes a big difference on the clock :). Or just to blow off some smoke and do some donuts :lol:.

Yeah, that's the one that really grinds my gears too :irked:. It always seems to happen to me when I run wide and loose all momentum anyway and just as I'm getting into the swing of the combo too :banghead:. But what can we do !?. Moan and grumble !?. Personally, I use the pre flagged laps to try something different from the groove I find myself in. Maybe try a deeper entry point somewhere or try different lines through chicanes etc. Sometimes that's where I find that little thing that can makes a big difference on the clock :). Or just to blow off some smoke and do some donuts :lol:.
Right, I am not going to avoid a particular combo due to boundary issues, but it's an idiosyncrasy that bothers me.

Well the Motegi cones on GT Academy definitely limited my running. :lol:

First clean lap that looked OK to set things off

Figuring out braking points is tricky but I like how it handles in general

1'05.804

BB 6/7

Still not taking Ascari well, but at least it's too much aggression as opposed to too little, so it's much easier to fix. See, I said I'd have another go later... let's not argue over oo killed oo go into specifics on the swearing. ;)

About a dozen laps, 8 of them red for one reason or another :embarrassed: , including 2 of those nasty pre void laps :grumpy: :lol: :banghead:, 3 of them valid but :yuck: and this one....

1:08.967

This little birdie seems to be a bit tipsy. She has a nasty tendency to want to wander around a bit. Still, quite a nice combo though :)👍.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Can't seem to recreate how it took the first chicane, I'm like 0.5 down on my ghost coming out of it every time, but able to catch ghost coming out of the next left/right hander which means I'm potentially way quicker.... It is stupidly frustrating constantly having perfect lines red lapped all the time though
Are people coming up with new approaches to the track to compensate?

My approach for chicanes that seems to work for me is to focus on taking as much as possible from the first apex - I find it much more forgiving than second apex, with which game seems to be very strict. With the second apexes I aim to just kiss the curbs with my right wheels.

Back