GTP_WRS Week 184 : Diesel Rumble

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 101 comments
And I'm guessing sometime around October 17th, it'll all be starting again
Yet to get myself a PS4
:((((
Just got it two weeks ago, and don't worry, transition to GTS will take a few weeks at least.

Just got it two weeks ago, and don't worry, transition to GTS will take a few weeks at least.
Always love it when @EDK pulls something out of the WRS Archive. ;) It's funny to see many in there saying "I wish I had found WRS sooner!". I felt the same when I started at the beginning of GT5. Also looking at some other comments in there, it looks like the switch from GT4 to GT5P didn't happen until GT5P had been out for 6 months? Switching to a new console should be expected to take longer than a GT5 to GT6 transition, for example, but I would hope we can get it done in less than 6 months. :gtpflag:

Which tune are you using there sir?
@Meister Fetz settings, well close. BB 7/6 I think.

It's funny to see many in there saying "I wish I had found WRS sooner!". I felt the same when I started at the beginning of GT5.
Though, AFAIK, for GT6 things were improved a lot, especially wrt. handling submissions. That is in hindsight a big part of why I and probably some others took to participating on a regular basis.

Always love it when @EDK pulls something out of the WRS Archive. ;) It's funny to see many in there saying "I wish I had found WRS sooner!". I felt the same when I started at the beginning of GT5. Also looking at some other comments in there, it looks like the switch from GT4 to GT5P didn't happen until GT5P had been out for 6 months? Switching to a new console should be expected to take longer than a GT5 to GT6 transition, for example, but I would hope we can get it done in less than 6 months. :gtpflag:
We had limited replay verification and settings verification, so we thought the platform was wrong. But when GT5 kept getting delayed and strung along, @Sjaak got brave and made the "we will know if you are cheating" rule.

I think it paid off in spades, and has helped make WRS what it is today.

You guys are flying as expected 👍 going back on now and have a fiddle with the gears..

Sorry wasn't here to post my set up guys but there's faster tunes posted now and if I can maybe pass those splits? I will post whatever set up gets me there :cheers:

Saw this car live at the Le Mans museum a few weeks ago. The entrance was well-guarded, but once inside you see a lot of special cars. :eek:

full

More pics going up here.

Last edited:
1'12.967

Not very happy with splits but .4 at the line is quiet a bit :rolleyes:

Yep, same tune. Tried some changes but always went back to whats working for me.

:cheers: Better no beer to keep control over this monster :lol:
Yeah, Im using your tune it seems more pointy than Ron's for my driving style. Will probably only mess around with the brake balance this week from here

Have seen some (well, twice) v nice 28.3xx first sectors, but never put the whole lap together

Second session splits ..it looks so slow on the replay... I absolutely hate the second part of the long s bend just after sector one.... In other words, LUFFIELD, It just goes wide on exit and lose all the speed in the middle of the corner. EUGHH..

Becketts and all that section is also very tricky

Last edited:
Some weeks ago I switched off the ps3. The GTS beta kept me occupied and thrilled, but now I'm happy to return to what feels like home. Up until GT6 I never interacted with humans, only with AI, so WRS was a breakthrough for me and is still a value per itself, no matter what game is on the base. I am now just looking for Oct, 17th and hoping to have WRS TT continuing in the future. I also want to race online, only prob is that all of you are very fast for me. Anyway the best is to set objectives and pursue then to the extent were one still is having FUN (looks like a contradition but no, is balance).
Yes I'm looking for Div2 somewhere in the future, but never forgeting to keep the SR at S.
Good luck everyone :cheers:

Last edited:
Last splits for the night. Used Mr. P's tune tonight. Tomorrow I'll see what Mr. Fetz's tune can do for me tomorrow.

1:17.833

Would be nice if I didn't forget the WRS on a combination like this :banghead::mad:🤬

Spending all weekend (That I can of course) on this. There is no way I'm missing out on this stunning vehicle 👍

1'13.213

0.5sec left overall.But I'll be lucky if I gain the half of that during time left before the deadline.
Worst thing is the first sector,which used to be the most consistent one when this combo started.
I'm gonna buy me a new car (bigspender :lol:) and start all over again.
:cheers:

Back