GTP_WRS Week 19: Take Me To Your Weider

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 222 comments
I'm so confused. I have a brand new, never used HSV in my garage, but after oil change it has 519 hp and 580 pp. What the?

1'20.706

Some cleaning up to do yet.
Tune

55/60
11.25/23.25
1/8
1/8
5/3
0.0/0.0
-0.30/-0.30
bb3/4
Max aero
lsd 5/15/5

Final to far right, Max speed to min.

Final 4700

Shift at about 9800.

Don't tell Brandon. :)

Map of Silverstone with turn names for reference this week.

Silverstone.png

How do I set game version to 1.06?

You don't, that's just a reference so you know roughly how recent the tune was created and if there's a big change in physics between versions.

Jerome

Using at @Cats_PJs :cheers: tune. Made a mess of T3, but hopefully I can get a good one with these splits. This car is a joy to drive, will be fighting for tenths earlier in the week than normal. Running the McLaren Enduro earlier this year helped alot with track knowledge.

1'21.669

Last edited:
1'22.230

Um...

Perhaps I should take up knitting?

20 laps with barons tune and I don't see where 2 seconds are hiding tbh. I know this track pretty well too. Sigh.

First week back in ages after working night shifts for far to long!
This track is quite new to me.
1'23.788

Have seen a couple of 31.6xx's when I can take the first corner flat out, but have always screwed up somewhere in T2

1'22.230

Um...

Perhaps I should take up knitting?

20 laps with barons tune and I don't see where 2 seconds are hiding tbh. I know this track pretty well too. Sigh.
Don't be afraid to stand on the throttle earlier than you think you should, the back end hangs on pretty good. Also, a fair amount of trail braking works well. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it, it took me more than twenty laps to get my time.

Used Cat's tune. Left .2 in S1, and about .5 in S2. Just too tired. Going to aim for at least a half second tomorrow.

1:21.438

Used Cat's tune. Left .2 in S1, and about .5 in S2. Just too tired. Going to aim for at least a half second tomorrow.

1:21.438

I wish I was as optimistic about finding that much time. We have about the same splits and have no idea where another .5 is going to come from. I guess it is time to push the limit a little harder.

I wish I was as optimistic about finding that much time. We have about the same splits and have no idea where another .5 is going to come from. I guess it is time to push the limit a little harder.

I probably shouldn't mention I was half asleep when I got that time, huh? :lol:

Trail braking is a good way to get the car to rotate and get on the gas as soon as possible. Just find the right place to brake, how much you need to, the apex should be simple enough to find, and then it's all about finding the best line out of the corner, especially since this track has a few longish straights.

By the way, I haven't been going flat out into T1. I turn in, tap the brakes to rotate, run the inside tires over the curb, and accelerate through, keeping it on the curbs in the left bend. I'm usually going about 209 km/h.

Respectable splits using Jerome's tune (and back to ABS 0 because racing brakes on racing cars isn't too strong)...

1:23.332

Something tells me this won't hold up.

So after mistakenly purchasing the 'weider', I forked out another mil for the c:indiff:rrect car and managed this:

1:22.861

It's a pretty scrappy lap and I'm still working out Silverstone so we'll see if I can get some improvement. With the rumoured Senna content coming out and the Seasonals on Thursday, I may immerse myself in those though 👍

Back