GTP_WRS Week 190 : Touring the Forest While Topless

• Thread starter EDK
  • 88 comments
That truly looks like great fun , quick question about it , is it nessasary to go high in the corners , asking because it looked as iff some off the corners it cost you a little time ?
Yep. You need the banks to hold speed. But you're right-I don't take the turns in a fast way. It's simply more fun to enter them too fast and drift out a bit :P

Bumped up the brakes to an incredibly high 3/4 and the result few laps later is pretty good

Another .15-.2 should be possible I hope :crazy:

Edit: sector1 vid:

White car is the smoothest ride @Mr P :sly:

Last edited:
1:00.320

0.15ish quicker at the line. Been faster at t1 but never seem to convert the lap (see previously posted pictures for the cause of most of the failures :banghead: :lol:). I know there's another couple of tenths to gain with a bit more luck. A bit more skill couldn't hurt either :dopey:.

:cheers:

1:00.320

0.15ish quicker at the line. Been faster at t1 but never seem to convert the lap (see previously posted pictures for the cause of most of the failures :banghead: :lol:). I know there's another couple of tenths to gain with a bit more luck. A bit more skill couldn't hurt either :dopey:.

Don't think that's where you should be taking risks Craig, there's a lot more time to be gained at T2, the lap at the Forest is all about getting the right line through the technical sections after the tunnel. There's also an advantage to using the parts of the track with the right banking, mainly in the left sweeper at the start of T3.

Seen a .29-.70 split combo but couldn't send the final turns perfectly and it ended .014 slower then new splits :dunce: That's all the improvement I can imagine possible for me.
For .027 at the line I managed:

Might be done but will try to get in the final .10-.15 that's theoretically left out there.
Good luck Guys!!

Still can't get back into the 27.6/7s for t1 and it's driving me round the bend :crazy:....Yes I know, shocking pun usage :lol:. But I am picking up more in t2, stemming from that double tunnel turn.

1:00.119
Oh, did you just leapfrog me on the leaderboard :eek:!? Why you little....:crazy: :lol:.
Sorry my friend, but you're going to have to do it again :D.

Total of 0.355 found :D:tup:. An agonising 0.008 off the next benchmark and frustration level building :ouch:. Time for break me thinks :cheers:.

Too much going on for me at the moment so will probably just submit my best from the board before the deadline! It was a sweet combo and we saw some great improvements across the divisions as the week developed ;)

Good luck to all in the results and cyas down the road somewhere in a future event :cheers:

Found something in the last sector.This is pretty much it for me.
1 last attemp with a fresh new car :lol:

Oh, did you just leapfrog me on the leaderboard :eek:!? Why you little....:crazy: :lol:.
Sorry my friend, but you're going to have to do it again :D.

:lol::P Well done, Craig! I'm so glad for you! 👍:)

After my today's session struggle I'm not optimistic at all. There are quite good chances for me to not being able to improve. :drool:

But, I'll try. :mischievous::sly: :cheers:

Back