GTP_WRS Week 192 : Bayerische Matterhorn Werke

• Thread starter EDK
  • 74 comments

Obviously need to find time in the middle sector.

Are you guys using second gear in the left hander at the top of the hill?

I find trail braking with the momentum of the car to the apex seems natural, but traction is at a premium. Second gear seems to exacerbate that, but I am lugging if I use 3rd. Tough turn.

Thanks to Ron @Mr P for the turn 1 suggestion, works like a charm. 👍

EDK

Obviously need to find time in the middle sector.

Are you guys using second gear in the left hander at the top of the hill?

I find trail braking with the momentum of the car to the apex seems natural, but traction is at a premium. Second gear seems to exacerbate that, but I am lugging if I use 3rd. Tough turn.

Thanks to Ron @Mr P for the turn 1 suggestion, works like a charm. 👍
Not quite full throttle cause the rear wants to get loose, I go far to the outside and brake halfway down to second with half throttle up the hill, when the car is pointed straight I go full throttle

Yep I use 2nd also at the top of the hill and up to 3rd halfway in the turn before it stutters 👍

These will probably be my final splits on this event as I finally hit my target and had plenty of laps to get there.. It was a great event and a great battle guys! Nice one and Good luck to all in the results :cheers:

Didn't remember that white rumbles _are_ track. That means I'm ok.

Second sector is not nearly what it's supposed to be.

Reactions: EDK
EDK
Isn't it? I was planning to run 15 or 20 minutes last night and got hooked in for 45.

I was not a big fan of this layout in the ZZ-II. I made the tune for our team, so was that connected to it. But I think it had a lot of power for this layout.

I am down with this combo. :)
We had a room open last night but didn't know if you would join so we just kept lapping @mistersafeway

Damn!! this ones going to be so close 👍 I may have to go back on this even though I felt I had almost maxed it out within my own capabilities... it's just super close everywhere :scared:

For the record my best T1 from my sessions was the only time I hit 17 with a .999 I never saw a 45.0 at T2 even though it's certainly doable, Best of luck guys this is a cracking battle :bowdown: :gtpflag:

I just had to post that lap. :cheers:
Lousy final so far though and maybe some more up to t2 for tomorrow...
Edit: Splits as seen while driving.
@EDK I do brake into the wide open spot and full throttle out 2nd gear before the apex. Lost the tail a bit in this lap. There's something around .1 left. Struggle begins when I'm loosing too much ground while using the brakes in the final sector...

Last edited:
Damn!... I'm dropping down the leaderboard like a slinky going down the stairs :D

Great splits guys 👍

Back