GTP_WRS Week 2: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 68 comments
PS: guys, try to run a bit longer after your fastest lap time before leaving the track, if this causes the replay stop before end of lap (something like 10s+ or till next split). If this not the case which causes the unintentional end of replay stuck on line, then i dunno what can be wrong. đź‘Ť Good luck you all

I noticed this in my own replays too. I tend to have this nasty habit as well of just quitting as soon as I break the lap time with a sizable chunk, so it's a good motivation to run more laps in the future.

GTP_MadMax
greenflag-gif.152575

I shared mine a couple of days ago with (hopefully!) all the appropriate tags.
@Rikson and @Fastas both tried to check it and said the final time couldn't be verified as the replay ends before you cross the S/F line. I'll try to verify that tonight.

@Rikson and @Fastas both tried to check it and said the final time couldn't be verified as the replay ends before you cross the S/F line. I'll try to verify that tonight.

I thought the official time was the time on the upload screen. That's what I was using to double check times last week.

Here's where I got my understanding:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ch-one-is-larini.369860/page-13#post-12088845

"The time stamp on the load screen in the library is the official lap time."

Makes sense to me anyway.

Last edited:
I thought the official time was the time on the upload screen. That's what I was using to double check times last week.

Here's where I got my understanding:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ch-one-is-larini.369860/page-13#post-12088845

"The time stamp on the load screen in the library is the official lap time."

Makes sense to me anyway.
When you search for them in Discover, the yellow-lettered laptime that you see in My Library isn't listed on others' replays, so I think most people have been checking the time that pops up in the middle of the screen at the end of the lap.

When you search for them in Discover, the yellow-lettered laptime that you see in My Library isn't listed on others' replays, so I think most people have been checking the time that pops up in the middle of the screen at the end of the lap.

You're correct, my mistake. I know I made a point of verifying times last week and I must've been checking the final pop up as well.

It looks like what's happening is if I do a save best lap after completing at least one more complete lap the replay rolls all the way across the s/f line and pops up the correct time.

However if I save best lap before completing another lap (or perhaps just another sector, I haven't tested this) the replay ends right on the s/f line just a few tics before the final time pops up.

No hard feelings if you need to black flag my lap, just a funky little glitch to be aware of.

Can this be a glitch in GTS?
I see that several have had problems reporting times this week, including myself. I discovered it and reported it myself in this post:
What @mr_lab_rat is writing is important.
Checking my own replay, I found that the timing in the replay didn’t match the timing I had submitted. I was sure that I had submitted the correct timing, but apparently not. This can be due to a typo, but most likely I’ve noted my potentially best lap, rather than the actual best lap.

The error wasn’t big, and as such doesn’t affect the position on the board, but anyhow this is a potential error source when we manually must type the results, and it must be checked.

My submitted time was: 1'04.174
The time in the replay shows: 1'04.192

Thanks Mike đź‘Ť

As a mentioned I was pretty sure that I reported the correct time. When I reported it, I read the timing, both split times and final lap times from the table where you have all the split and lap times presented, not from the time that is presented on the saved file. I wasn't aware that the time also was presented there before I should submit it.

Just some thoughts....

I'll try to compare the readings between the different places on future replays and se if there is any difference.

This difference between the time stamped on a replay in the load screen of the Replay Theatre compared to the time shown as you cross the line in the actual replay has had a discrepancy of between .001 and .030 for the past decade or so since GTHD was released in 2006 and it carried on with GT5 prologue in 2007 and pretty much was there in every GT game since...

For me as GT went all Hi-Definition it sort of developed a little bug not too dissimilar to how you get a small amount of Bluetooth lag when you go wireless versus connected straight via audio jacks. My audio is fractionally off by about .010 when I try watching films in the middle of the night and need to keep things quiet, such a small amount of time is so noticeable! I hate bluetooth lag đź‘Ž:P

Anyway joking aside... it's a small in game contradiction that has been there for years and will probably be there in future releases also, Best to keep in mind for future events guys! The time you see on a replay before before pressing play in the Replay Theatre is your Final laptime that you submit to Fetchy đź‘Ť

Well done to the replay checkers for all there verifying efforts and Congrats again to all the Winners and entrants who hit their goals :cheers:

GForce1015
greenflag-gif.152575

alexamenos - watched replay stops at finish line - added all the splits up doesn't seem to match your posted final time I'm not sure if I'm looking at it correctly

Last edited:
Back