GTP_WRS Week 20 : Official Results

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 79 comments
thanks for the advice.. you think I didn't try? (btw, I tried your tune too)

Not meant to insult. Just meant that those aren't any random numbers and I spend quite a lot of time finding just the right combination (for me) to get all the needed aspects in the car characteristics to get it under '15..

Now you come and tell me how I would have been even faster... (!) I highly doubt it and it's in my mind very bold statement from your part to tell me what suits me better than what I've spend many hours searching..

:)

but no worries, as you Aussies tend to say 👍

Not meant to insult. Just meant that those aren't any random numbers and I spend quite a lot of time finding just the right combination (for me) to get all the needed aspects in the car characteristics to get it under '15..

Now you come and tell me how I would have been even faster... (!) I highly doubt it and it's in my mind very bold statement from your part to tell me what suits me better than what I've spend many hours searching..

:)

but no worries, as you Aussies tend to say 👍

It shouldn't matter though, this is IMO one of those things that driving style wouldn't make a difference.;) With a camber level that high, it should wreak havoc on the one-wheeled spinners the Mini already suffers from by further decreasing the contact patch of the inside tyre. But what ever floats your boat mate.👍 Right now, I'm trying to figure out why I had it in my head that FWD cars have different effects with front toe, when I don't see any reason for them to. I'm also trying to think of what effects front toe might have on one wheeled spinners with FWD cars, as I'm sure it could be used as a remedy.

I'll take that as an insult, let's move on.........

I'm sure Timo didn't mean to insult you mate, that's really not his style and remember English isn't his native tongue.

What a lot of people do not realise is that Timo is not only a Division 1 gold alien superstar, but he is also an incredibly gifted tuner. He could open a tuning garage and compete with absolutely all the garages currently operating. That is not an affront to the current garages, rather a massive compliment to Timo's tuning and knowledge.

Also, because he is always so fast and naturally talented, it's very easy to assume that he finds himself top of the leaderboard without much effort. We don't assume that just like us, even more, he puts in very large numbers of hours and days to improve his speed. I mean even after he submitted he was still running better times!

Timppaq is one of the very few people like FAK_EV1L who can top time trials, race incredibly without mistakes or any noticeable drop in speed, and still be top of a leaderboard that requires a damn good tune.

One of maybe a handful of true all-rounders we have on GTP.

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
I was priviledged to use Timo's tune and an earlier version (with slightly lower camber and toe settings).

I found the tune posted above to be ultimately quicker, but harder to get the best out of... I did run my best T1 (58.5) and best T2 (1'48.3) with it, but that was a one off lap and ended up with me sliding wide at Casio. With the earlier version I could run much more consistently. The brakes for me were unmanageable in to turn 1/2... although worked brilliantly everywhere else.

What I'm trying to say here is that most people (and I include myself in 'most people') will never be able to get the best from his set-ups as they lack his skill level... to trully feel his settings work you need to be travelling at the same speed as he does... which is a lot easier said than done.

zed wanted to see the tune, so here you go. Have fun 👍

Thanks very much, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and efforts.👍

........ to trully feel his settings work you need to be travelling at the same speed as he does... which is a lot easier said than done.

Extemely relevant, as speed changes the behaviour of the vehicle.

Tx for such a great race everybody and congrats to the winners here.👍

Here's my lap:

Attachments

• WRS20 GTP_Sp. Coopers.zip
    114.4 KB · Views: 13
Crazy winning laptime from Timo .. Outstanding mate! 👍 Congrats to Mad, Chris and Dan for very impressive laps also :cheers:
Congrats to all the other division winners and podium finishers 👍

I already checked Dans replay before it was submitted to give him a 2nd opinion on what he thought was a close call! it gets a green flag with ease as he has 2 wheels still on the rumbles without even using the greencrete allowance
gflagjn4.gif
👍

Here's my lap for checking :)
Cheers
Ron.

Attachments

• Mr P WRS20.rar
    115.3 KB · Views: 14
I must be doing something wrong. I've taken Mr.Ps data, extracted it to PS3 file on my stick and the PS3 says there is no data.

It is supposed to be PS3>SAVEDATA>Bxxxx file, that has a long name.

Crazy winning laptime from Timo .. Outstanding mate! 👍 Congrats to Mad, Chris and Dan for very impressive laps also :cheers:
Congrats to all the other division winners and podium finishers 👍

I already checked Dans replay before it was submitted to give him a 2nd opinion on what he thought was a close call! it gets a green flag with ease as he has 2 wheels still on the rumbles without even using the greencrete allowance
gflagjn4.gif
👍

Here's my lap for checking :)
Cheers
Ron.

Nice lap, Ron :cheers:

gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

I've checked following replays and verified them clean and green (and very smooth) :
post1
2'15.031---GTP_Timppaq
gflagjn4.gif

2'15.745---GTP_Hyperspeed
gflagjn4.gif

2'15.996---GTP_Mr_P
gflagjn4.gif

2'16.212---GTP_Paulie
gflagjn4.gif

2'16.749---GTP_DukeOfPendle
gflagjn4.gif

I find my cornering speeds to be guite mutch same/faster than some of you guys, but I still am slower than you..
Must have something to do with the rpm : pedals vs on/off buttons :scared:

See my replay and you'll know what I mean:

Attachments

• GTP_MadMax86 WRS Week 20.zip
    112.3 KB · Views: 13
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can copy the saved files onto my PS3 and I can see them when I browse the saved data file but when I start the game I cannot get to the replays. They are simply not visible in my saved data directory from within the game. Is it because I have the downloaded version or do I have to do something else to see them?

Neither is Paulie's ;)

Well ... I ... I ... you you you'll be saying sorry out the other side of your face if you think Queenslanders speak funny :D

(Now let's see if you guys are too young to get that :D)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can copy the saved files onto my PS3 and I can see them when I browse the saved data file but when I start the game I cannot get to the replays. They are simply not visible in my saved data directory from within the game. Is it because I have the downloaded version or do I have to do something else to see them?

You do copy them from your memory stick to your ps3 do you?

Neither is Paulie's ;)

No, I speak Australian, which despite having striking similarities to English, it differs in key aspects.:lol: (In other words I speak English only)

I've checked following replays and verified them clean and green (and very smooth) :

Thanks for checking my replay MadMax86 👍.

Well ... I ... I ... you you you'll be saying sorry out the other side of your face if you think Queenslanders speak funny :D

You're right, I'm too young to get that.

If I read you right it should say the black stump as he liked to use mix- metaphors as well.:lol:

You do copy them from your memory stick to your ps3 do you?

Yes I did. When I'm browsing for them in the XMB they are located at the same place and look exactly the same as my own saved replays but when I start GT5P and try to load a saved replay I can only see my own.

Yes I did. When I'm browsing for them in the XMB they are located at the same place and look exactly the same as my own saved replays but when I start GT5P and try to load a saved replay I can only see my own.
Maybe you were logged in under a different nick than the one you are using now, when you copied the files to the PS3.

Maybe you were logged in under a different nick than the one you are using now, when you copied the files to the PS3.

Nope. The only thing I can think is the fact that I am using the downloaded version of GT5P and therefore cannot check replays from a disk version.

Maybe if someone with a disk version could check mine and see if it's the same the other way around

Nope. The only thing I can think is the fact that I am using the downloaded version of GT5P and therefore cannot check replays from a disk version.

That's exactly it 👍

All the best
Maz

Well...well..I...I ..think it...it...it's Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen :odd:, He's back from the dead.....:lol:

Queenslands most famous Premier.....:sly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joh_Bjelke-Petersen

Exactly right. I just happened to be watching some Fast Forward DVDs this week and Gerry Connolly does such a wonderful Joh. His mixed metaphors were priceless but two of my favourites come from an Adelaide friend of mine who mixed them at will with no apparent realization of what he was saying.

In reference to a long delay:

"You'll be waiting until the cows go blue in the face"

Describing a friend's ute after a 5.7l V8 transplant.

"It has lots of grunting power"

Latest Posts

Back