GTP_WRS Week 22 : Official Results

Thanks EDK now everyone can see my slow T3 :lol:

Well done to all winners 👍

- Didn't think I'd be so far off the pace in my Div, my T3 must of been awful.

Lol at my T3 :nervous:

Sorry, guys. Was not my intent to point out the slowest ones, only to show just how wide the spread was as compared to the leaderboard. Those of us who ran a lot of laps here during the Prologue days know that the last sector separates the men from the boys, so to speak.

Suggest watching some of the top replays from your region to learn the fastest lines, and to see the technique used for that all important last corner in particular.

Oops I just realized that I must of sent fetchbot the wrong lap time by mistake because the replay I have uploaded is in fact a 1.38.710 slightly quicker than my 1'38.742 time posted in final results...

Im guessing my final time posted will still count.. err or will it.. sorry for this mayhem...

big slap on the newbie noob head... If it means getting DQ I understand my bad rules are rules..

Yeah, there's some recent precedent for this. While we've made an exception for a 1 digit or transposed typo, we have not allowed an incorrect time. I have to black flag your run. Please be more careful in the future.

Q - GTP_stanley1664 (Incorrect time Submitted)
bflagtp3.gif

Visual specs/time correct...............

GTP_MilleRSVR -
picture.php

Nice D4 podium lap, much smoother than mine!

No worries EDK, I was just joking about it. I knew mine wasn't good because I had to send in a slower time after my best was dirty.

Thanks for that Kev - good chart 👍

Congrats to the top guys, particularly Rutter and Twissy - 1'36's... I wouldn't have thought that even possible 👍 Outstanding! 👍

Slaps on the back to yanaran, Dominic, and CT - 0.075 seperating the 4 of us. Great racing guys. :cheers:

Well done to all division podiums. Nice win for D2 Max 👍 - D1 for you soon I reckon. Unlucky dropping down Matt - your T1 and 2 were amazing all week but that T3 was a lap-time killer and hard to get in the flow with.

And a nod to everyone who took part and survived the week :cheers:

I'm pretty pleased with my result this week. Fuji is another track that I've previously not enjoyed at all and I made huge progress in the few hours running I had. Cheers Kev, a fun combo with this super grippy car. 👍

Last edited:
@EDK fair enough my own fault, what makes things worse is the time I have would of put me into second in my division.. I shall be more careful in future.. Will try extra hard this week so beware division 3 BRONZE

@EDK fair enough my own fault, what makes things worse is the time I have would of put me into second in my division.. I shall be more careful in future.. Will try extra hard this week so beware division 3 BRONZE

:scared:

Good to see more competition joining 👍

Congrats to all.

Congrats to all the podiums and division winners.:cheers:

I have to say I'm quite surprised I manged a 2nd place. I guess I can thank Lynx_Can for not submitting for that one.

I missed the deadline again thanks to work commitments. Some excellent times. I think I'm going to have to start submitting before the weekend :(

I'll happily upload my replay in case anyone thinks I'm posting fake splits :sly: Hehe, no I just feel bad for not submitting for the 3rd week running.

@ Twissy, I can't wait to see the replay as that's a brilliant time.

Last edited:
Woohoo! My first division podium! :D Many thanks to everyone. I've started to see things differently since I started in the WRS and I hope to keep improving. :cheers:

NTSC replay attached. As EDK has shown, my T3 was not so good but thankfully I didn't fall back too far in the end. No real close calls on the lap so it should be an easy one to verify for whoever takes it up. :dopey:

Grats to everyone who finished and I'll see you at HSR!

Attachments

• GTP_DigitalBaka WRS Week 22 Replay.zip
    272.2 KB · Views: 9
1'40.354 - GTP_DDiamond
gflagjn4.gif

1'40.407 - GTP_MilleRSVR
gflagjn4.gif

Clean and correct. Nice job guys! 👍

Dan, talk about using all of the track! Less than half a tire width at one point there. :eek:

Last edited:
Great lap Chris, your T3 looks very smooth and now I see what I did wrong (didn't use entire width of the track in some corners being one)

1'40.354 - GTP_DDiamond
gflagjn4.gif

1'40.407 - GTP_MilleRSVR
gflagjn4.gif

Clean and correct. Nice job guys! 👍

Dan, talk about using all of the track! Less than half a tire width at one point there. :eek:

:lol: Yeah, I was overdoing it there. :nervous:

Thanks for checking, DB!!! Look forward to seeing yours. 👍

WOW, never expected to end up that high in the result. Specially the time i had for this week. Normally I have to spend 3 to 4 times the amount of laps to be competitive. Guess the 1000 laps back in the GT5P days, at Fuji helped me out this time. My splits where ok but had my doubts about my T3. After seeing the results it brought a smile on my face and specially after seeing Kevins PDF about the T3 splits leaderboard (thanks Kev for the PDF).

Congrats to all podiums and everybody who reach their goals.

Here is my replay

BTW my exit of Coca Cola is on the edge aswell

Attachments

• BCES00569-RPL001.zip
    267.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Visual specs/time correct!!!

GTP_DigitalBaka -
picture.php

Now that's the correct way to use all the track. 👍

Again, congrats on the D4 win!

NTSC replay.

Attachments

• GTP_CSL_WK_22_1'37.393.zip
    266.1 KB · Views: 10
1'37.393 - GTP_CSL
gflagjn4.gif

Clean and correct. 👍

You guys up top never cease to amaze me with your laps each week. By and large everybody has a lap that looks more or less the same but it's amazing that there are 3, 4, 5 seconds in the details from top to bottom.

1'37.393 - GTP_CSL
gflagjn4.gif

Clean and correct. 👍

You guys up top never cease to amaze me with your laps each week. By and large everybody has a lap that looks more or less the same but it's amazing that there are 3, 4, 5 seconds in the details from top to bottom.

What DB said!👍

4---1'37.867---GTP_Roomboter
gflagjn4.gif

Nice lap 👍
You still had some space on the exit of Coca-Cola

Slaps on the back to yanaran, Dominic, and CT - 0.075 seperating the 4 of us. Great racing guys. :cheers:
You too, that was a really close finish. You had me worried when you started posting slower splits, I've been losing too much time in T3s lately so I'm really happy that I managed a more competitive finish this time. Now we just have to do something about those faux-bronze guys up top... :crazy:

I still can't say I like this track but I think this was the perfect to car to really learn it. I've watched some replays also and I wasn't too far off on most parts except perhaps the last turn, I entered it too wide and probably lost a tenth or so there every time. At least now I know how to tackle these weird corners and why things happen the way they do when I make mistakes. :)

Congratulations to all the podium finishers!

4---1'37.867---GTP_Roomboter
gflagjn4.gif

Nice lap 👍
You still had some space on the exit of Coca-Cola

Thanks for checking and the compliment

Some space indeed but it wasn't much :lol:

Well done to Twissy for a fantastic lap. Grats also to Rutter for a great lap done only in one night. You've certainly picked up your pace since I was around last year. 👍

Well done to all other podium grabbers and all those who achieved their targets.

Attachments

• GT5 WRS 22 - GTP_Jet.zip
    265.6 KB · Views: 9
congrats to everyone.... I thought I had really done well this week and might be close to top 10 overall.... WAKE UP CALL.... lol here's my replay...

Attachments

• GTP_JBRINKLEY_wk22.zip
    268.1 KB · Views: 9
Visual specs/time correct...............

GTP_MilleRSVR -
picture.php

Nice D4 podium lap, much smoother than mine!

Thanks for reviewing Dan, nice job on your podium finish as well.

Now if I could only be smooth and fast, someday maybe.:)

Congrats all you speed daemons! 👍👍👍
Nice job by all, it seems.

My first WRS runs were on the Fuji/RX7 qualifier during the last few weeks of the GT5P WRS, just "playing along at home", waiting for GT5 to come out. So a bit of a nice flashback.

This week, I wasn't happy with the 1'39.5xx I had after spending multiple (DFGT) sessions over the course of about 7hrs, and then somehow beat that by 0.4sec on Sunday night when messing around with the DS3 while having a few beers. :dunce:

Made sure to double/triple-check the replay next day. Looks like I'm 4th in D3 after new-guy stanley1664's unfortunate timecard error. Sorry to hear about it, man, but not that sorry. Also really sorry to hear about Lynx-Can's missed submission. REAALLY sorry. :sly:

Shouts to JBrinkley, teecro, and Ealirendur for the D3 podiums, you guys are super-motivational-inspirational-like. And the D2 and D1 times are just awesome. :drool:👍

Back