Time Trial Event

aaawrs24.jpg

pb280037akf0.jpg

Ferrari F430 '06

pa260028ic1yb0.jpg

Eiger Nordwand

awrs24.jpg

Steward's Comments:
This week was an exercise in patience and throttle control. Great turnout, especially from divisions 1 and 2.

Thanks to GTP_D.Holland for putting up blistering splits early for us all to chase, and a big congrats to GTP_Timppaq for finally catching him in the end for the overall win. Special mention goes to GTP_Duke_of_Pendle for overachieving yet again, as the only division 3 to reach the 1'09s. Congrats to the other division winners as well! 👍

After doing this for two weeks now, I'd like to request that future submissions have the following format on a single line (somewhere in the message body):
[Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
This will make it easier for me to prepare the results. Extra information or notes can also be provided if desired, but the division/time/tag info should all be on one line, in that order.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1

1---1'08.731---GTP_Timppaq
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'09.143---GTP_mad94d
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'09.287---GTP_Mr_P
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'09.329---GTP_DEVIE
5---1'09.346---GTP_Stotty
7---1'09.372---GTP_Stevisiov
8---1'09.683---GTP_Superwally
9---1'09.862---GTP_Manuelos

Division 2

1---1'09.654---GTP_MJH
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'09.727---GTP_Vaxen
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'09.811---GTP_Denur
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'09.937---GTP_Animera
5---1'09.958---GTP_Synwraith
6---1'10.132---GTP_CarlPKY
7---1'10.138---GTP_EDK
8---1'10.413---GTP_Paulie
9---1.10.430---GTP_Fuzzy
10--1.10.613---GTP_zed300
11--1'10.699---GTP_wotzit07
12--1'11.523---GTP_0DDBALL666

Division 3

1---1'09.955---GTP_DukeOfPendle
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'10.316---GTP_Mav3r1cK
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'10.481---GTP_grevling9294
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'10.534---GTP_monoha
5---1'11.365---GTP_01GTP
6---1'11.573---GTP_gtbadboy
7---1'11.749---GTP_Sureshot
8---1'12.084---GTP_OnlyMe

Division 4

1---1'10.862---GTP_Lagas
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'11.277---GTP_MadMax86
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'11.725---GTP_Nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'11.776---GTP_Z28
5---1'11.942---GTP_Andy2125
6---1'13.656---GTP_Marooned
7---1'14.293---GTP_BigRacer

---1'08.859---GTP_D.Holland
bflagtp3.gif
Disqualification.

aawrs24.jpg

Overall results:
2---1'09.143---GTP_mad94d
3---1'09.287---GTP_Mr_P
4---1'09.329---GTP_DEVIE
5---1'09.346---GTP_Stotty
6---1'09.372---GTP_Stevisiov
7---1.09.654---GTP_MJH
8---1'09.683---GTP_Superwally
9--1'09.727---GTP_Vaxen
10--1'09.811---GTP_Denur
11--1'09.862---GTP_Manuelos
12--1'09.937---GTP_Animera
13--1'09.955---GTP_DukeOfPendle
14--1'09.958---GTP_Synwraith
15--1'10.132---GTP_CarlPKY
16--1'10.138---GTP_EDK
17--1'10.316---GTP_Mav3r1cK
18--1'10.413---GTP_Paulie
19--1.10.430---GTP_Fuzzy
20--1'10.481---GTP_grevling9294
21--1'10.534---GTP_monoha
22--1.10.613---GTP_zed300
23--1'10.699---GTP_wotzit07
24--1'10.862---GTP_Lagas
25--1'11.277---GTP_MadMax86
26--1'11.365---GTP_01GTP
27--1'11.523---GTP_0DDBALL666
28--1'11.573---GTP_gtbadboy
29--1'11.749---GTP_Sureshot
30--1'12.084---GTP_OnlyMe
31--1'11.725---GTP_Nuclearfire
32--1'11.776---GTP_Z28
33--1'11.942---GTP_Andy2125
34--1'13.656---GTP_Marooned
35--1'14.293---GTP_BigRacer

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt is correct. I forgot about Daylight Savings Time/British Summer Time, and used that instead of GMT. :dunce: Sorry for any inconvenience!

Congrats on the win in division 2, Matt! 👍

Thanks Dan, spent a lot of time on this one as it was a fantastic combo.

Congratulations to all the podiums, especially Timo and Phil, super fast times in your respective divisions.

Here's my replay.

Matt.

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    112 KB · Views: 12
Congrats to Timo for taking the overall win and to all who finished in the .09's. :crazy:

subission time isn't here yet.

will submit my time now anyway.

Matt.

And you win the #1 podium in Division 2 over Vaxen. :nervous:

I like how the overall leader results are in color, nice touch Vaxen. 👍

Good turnout also this week. :)

Congrats to Timo for taking the overall win and to all who finished in the .09's. :crazy:

And you win the #1 podium in Division 2 over Vaxen. :nervous:

I like how the overall leader results are in color, nice touch Vaxen. 👍

Good turnout also this week. :)

Thanks.

I was still running laps when someone messaged me to say that the results were posted. Nearly had a panic attack lol. So i submitted straight away..lucky i had run my fastest lap earlier in the evening.

Matt.

Well done to all, great turnout for this one.👍
It was obvious to me that this one required time and high-end throttle control, both of which I lacked this week. I think I achieved my time on lap 7 of my 1st session,and a total of about 2 hours all up.
Got into the 29.9's once. So for those that were well under that,... great effort:tup:

Timppaq & D.Holland, amazing effort to reach the 8's, I was predicting flat 9's and you 2 exceeded that.

On another note would someone PLEASE go through the step by step proceedure to view replays. I have asked on numerous occasions. I always come up with no saved data no matter what I try.

Last edited:
Wicked, wicked week, congrats to all. I need a lesson in throttle control!

What a great turnout for this one! Well Done to all who took part and a BIG Congrats to all the division winners and podium finishers :cheers: A fantastic combo and an awesome turnout is what it's all about and I'm looking forward to more of the same 👍

I agree a special mention should go to Phil for a brilliant lap and a great result .. surely a promotion is on the cards very soon :cheers: Timo and Dan are just out there in a class of their own as usual :crazy: Top Marks guys! 👍

edit: just checked Matt's lap in the red Ferrari ..

1---1'09.654---GTP_MJH
gflagjn4.gif
Clean and green .. great lap mate 👍

Here's my lap ..

Attachments

• Mr P WRS 24.rar
    125.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Great Week, Great combo 👍 :cheers: Saw my chance as Dan said he took the last corner a bit careful.. but even so knew that I would need to do a WR (at that point :crazy:) to compete. Great time Dan!

Special mentioning again to Phil, great work buddy 👍 And also to all in the 9's :cheers: was not the easiest thing to do. 👍

Replay:

Attachments

• WRS_24_Timppaq_PAL.zip
    106.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks for the compiments folks, it was challenging, rewarding and frustrating to get the best out of this combo.

Amazing performance from Timo, to clear the bar which had been set impossibly high by Dan 👍
Nice to see Mr_P also up there in alien territory. Well done Ron 👍
Also a cracking performance by Matt to win Div 2 👍 (Now you just need to figure out how to make a kart go fast :sly:)

My "driver of the week" award goes to Maz. He's been making the transition from pad to wheel, and hasn't yet got anything solid to mount it on. I've seen the photo of his G25 clamped to a plank, resting on two shoe boxes. To achieve the level of performance this week is testament to effort over many hours. Monster performance Maz. 👍👍👍

Here's my replay:

View attachment DoP WRS 24.zip

So true Phil, I forgot to mention.. Great effort Maz!! Just get the WSP or similar now.. :sly:

I agree with everything that has been said here about the combo, it required many many hours of dedication and improvement from me, total and utter concentration for a good lap, and regardless of how many days I turned off the PS3 in utter frustration having run nearly a million laps of Eiger (most of them only up to T1...I swear I hate the number '30' now), I still logged back in for more and more. Once I had finally gotten the hang of each individual sector, the trick was hooking them up.

Timo and Dan, what unbelievable laps, well done guys. Also I echo the compliments for Ron who stepped back into WRS this week and did a stellar time with a dodgy steering wheel that really is ready for the scrapheap 👍
All of D1 should be congratulated for such close and unreachable times. Madison, Steve, DEVIE, Chris, you were all awesome this week.

Massive well done to Matt for winning a D2 event at Eiger again, I also felt capable of running a 1'09.6 but it might have taken me a month. Stellar lap mate WELL among the D1 drivers. I expect to hear of you in D2 gold very soon mate.

And Phil, damn young man, what a fantastic lap. People might think now that Ausnicko, Animera and Denur are out of D3 that has left the way open for you to win the division, but your time this week clearly shows you are equally as good as those guys and deserve to be in D2.

Also a mention to GTP_Lagas for a brilliant D4 performance this week, well among the D3 drivers, congratulations!

My "driver of the week" award goes to Maz. He's been making the transition from pad to wheel, and hasn't yet got anything solid to mount it on. I've seen the photo of his G25 clamped to a plank, resting on two shoe boxes. To achieve the level of performance this week is testament to effort over many hours. Monster performance Maz. 👍👍👍

So true Phil, I forgot to mention.. Great effort Maz!! Just get the WSP or similar now.. :sly:

Thanks very much guys, that is thoroughly appreciated 👍 I have never been very good at Eiger and this week has shown me some massive benefits of the wheel over pad at this track. It required so much careful throttle and brake application, not to mention steering. Thanks also for all your advice and encouragement :bowdown:

By that token we should also congratulate CarlPKY for a stellar performance, he has had his G25 a day or so less than me and has struggled to improve just as I have. His WRS time is just 2 tenths short of mine and he deserves full credit, well done mate, we're nearly there :)

All the best
Maz

As expected I got crushed this week,:sly: not enough patience for such a car/track.:dunce: Congrats for those who did persist and managed podiums.👍

Well done Timo! Trully world class time. I probably should have had more than 1 session at this one, ah well. Looking forward to the next TT event, replay shortly

Great turnout this week on a rather tough little combo!

Congrats to all the podiums and anyone who made it into the 9's. :cheers:

As for Timo and Dan.... :bowdown::cheers: just awesome times gentlemen!! Oh yea, your space craft is double parked and they'd like you to move it!! :)

@Maz, get that thing nailed down, I too have seen the cardboard box setup, can't even imagine how your getting that done!

And least I forget, Kenny you have to quit putting those extensions on your bumper!! :sly: Nice one!! 👍

By that token we should also congratulate CarlPKY for a stellar performance, he has had his G25 a day or so less than me and has struggled to improve just as I have. His WRS time is just 2 tenths short of mine and he deserves full credit, well done mate, we're nearly there :)

All the best
Maz

Thanks for the kind words Maz :)
And also, a big cheers :cheers: to you as well my friend--you dipped down into that elusive sub-1'10 territory this week--outstanding performance.

A big congratulations to everyone else at the top of the leaderboard as well as all those who put in sub 1'10 laps this week. Some truly stellar performances were turned in this week: Timppaq, Mad, Dan, Devie, Mr. P, etc. Great job guys 👍

Maz--I'm telling you bro, you are gonna be a beast when you get that wheel setup more securely :sly:

Last edited:
I just reviewed these available replays ..

in the red F430
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'09.143---GTP_mad94d
in the red F430
gflagjn4.gif

1---1'09.955---GTP_DukeOfPendle
in the yellow F430
gflagjn4.gif

All 3 are clean and Green guys .. Well done! :cheers:

A great turn up again this week, with again some stellar performances all over the divisions. For the rest, Maz said it all, great write-up my man. 👍

Here's my replay

Attachments

• GTP_Denur WRS24 pal.rar
    109.5 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for checking Ron 👍

I checked yours too:

Correct Specs

4---1'09.287---GTP_Mr_P Green flag.gif

Nice smooth lap in your baby blue Ferrari :)

Thanks for checking Phil .. Nice one mate! 👍

I just checked this one also ..

3---1'09.811---GTP_Denur
.. I'm not sure if it's a silver or grey car? but its defo clean and green
gflagjn4.gif
Nice lap bud 👍

Thanks for checking Phil .. Nice one mate! 👍

I just checked this one also ..

3---1'09.811---GTP_Denur
.. I'm not sure if it's a silver or grey car? but its defo clean and green
gflagjn4.gif
Nice lap bud 👍

Thanks for checking and the compliment. :)

It's silver, but I've never used the car so it has collected a bit of dust, hence the greyish color. :dopey:

Well to done to all Division winners and podium placers.....

My replay

Attachments

• GTP_Mav3r1cK WRS Week 24.zip
    105.8 KB · Views: 8
Tanks :)!

Congratulation for all winner divisions (and me include :dopey:) and all racers :)

Timpaqq and D. Holland 1'08.xxx ... this is amazing time, you have boot jumping the 1 and 2 turns ehehe :dopey:

Now lets burning tires in Dayton Road 👍

Attachments

• WRS(GT5P)_Week24_GTP_Lagas.zip
    107.4 KB · Views: 10
My replay, NTSC-US format:

Attachments

• GTP_Vaxen_WRS24.zip
    108.1 KB · Views: 8
Congrats to all the winners

GTP_Vaxen's replay is clean and green

Here is my replay:

Attachments