p4170019copy1copy.jpg

Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-SPEC II '02

aapb210044py0.jpg

Daytona Road

91203571.jpg

dfgaa.jpg

p4170007aa.jpg

Steward's Comments:

Another competitive week, with great participation from all divisions. Special congrats to mad94d, with the overall win and the only time in the 1'54s. 👍

Thanks to everyone who submitted with the new format, a single line (somewhere in the message body):
[Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
This has made it quite a bit easier to tabulate the results, and almost everyone followed suit.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1

1---1'54.951---GTP_mad94d
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'55.074---GTP_Stotty
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'55.229---GTP_Racer_LP
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'55.344---GTP_DEVIE
5---1'55.353---GTP_Mr_P
gflagjn4.gif

6---1'55.853---GTP_Manuelos

Division 2

1---1'55.428---GTP_Animera
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'55.439---GTP_Fuzzy
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'55.487---GTP_Synwraith
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'55.595---GTP_aussienicko
5---1'55.651---GTP_CarlPKY
6---1'55.781---GTP_Paulie
7---1'55.818---GTP_Cohiba100
8---1'55.885---GTP_zed300
9---1'56.134---GTP_DukeOfPendle
10--1'56.539---GTP_Denur
11--1'56.623---GTP_wotzit07
12--1'56.917---GTP_ODDBALL666

Division 3

1---1'56.153---GTP_01GTP
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'56.534---GTP_Sureshot
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'56.544---GTP_grevling9294
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'56.669---GTP_Vagabond
5---1'56.905---GTP_monoha
6---1'57.335---GTP_gtbadboy
7---1'57.382---GTP_Toffe
8---1'57.918---GTP_MotzMan
9---1'58.161---GTP_OnlyMe

Division 4

1---1'56.450---GTP_MadMax86
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'56.576---GTP_Nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'57.120---GTP_Lagas
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'57.538---GTP_Marooned
5---1'58.099---GTP_Andy2125
6---1'58.991---GTP_Bigracer
7---2'00.100---GTP_CAMikaze

p4170015m.jpg

Overall results:

1---1'54.951---GTP_mad94d
2---1'55.074---GTP_Stotty
3---1'55.229---GTP_Racer_LP
4---1'55.344---GTP_DEVIE
5---1'55.353---GTP_Mr_P
6---1'55.428---GTP_Animera
7---1'55.439---GTP_Fuzzy
8---1'55.487---GTP_Synwraith
9---1'55.595---GTP_aussienicko
10--1'55.651---GTP_CarlPKY
11--1'55.781---GTP_Paulie
12--1'55.818---GTP_Cohiba100
13--1'55.853---GTP_Manuelos
14--1'55.885---GTP_zed300
15--1'56.134---GTP_DukeOfPendle
16--1'56.153---GTP_01GTP
17--1'56.450---GTP_MadMax86
18--1'56.539---GTP_Denur
19--1'56.534---GTP_Sureshot
20--1'56.544---GTP_grevling9294
21--1'56.576---GTP_Nuclearfire
22--1'56.623---GTP_wotzit07
23--1'56.669---GTP_Vagabond
24--1'56.905---GTP_monoha
25--1'56.917---GTP_ODDBALL666
26--1'57.120---GTP_Lagas
27--1'57.335---GTP_gtbadboy
28--1'57.382---GTP_Toffe
29--1'57.538---GTP_Marooned
30--1'57.918---GTP_MotzMan
31--1'58.099---GTP_Andy2125
32--1'58.161---GTP_OnlyMe
33--1'58.991---GTP_Bigracer
34--2'00.100---GTP_CAMikaze

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

p4170013n.jpg

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to all the podium drivers, especially mad94d, stunning time mate.

Maz, 3rd place in Div2, looks like that wheel is coming good for you.

I decided that i really don't like DR afterall, lost patience with it half way through my second session.

Well done everyone.

Matt.

congratulations to all podiums this week.👍👍

Special shout out to my old friend 01GTP on his DivIII win.
Nice job Kenny! :cheers:

Well done everyone,god only knows how your all so bloody quick and i'm sooooo slow bottem of div again and i'm even worse in the db9 oh dear.

Congratulations to everyone this week especially mad94d and Stotty for their results.Very quick.....I would also like to say its pleasure to be competing against some very quick drivers and a well organised and friendly forum to be a member of.
Bit disappointed i didnt get a podium finish this week,but i had a great time like i do every week. Speak to you all soon. Steve.

Congrats to the mad man for taking this week's overall win.
Well done to all podiums as well, especially Division 4.
If not for my last session I would have submitted a .464. MadMax would have taken the Division 3 podium also.
Some really close times this week. Great competition everybody. :crazy:

Sjaak 👍

Nice job Kenny! :cheers:

Thanks Ron, much appreciated.
I really enjoy this track. I guess you and I could call this our hometown track, eh?
It is nearly 900 miles from me though ;)

I'm curious about wotzit's time Vaxen.

Here is my replay.

Attachments

• 01GTP Week 25.zip
    126.6 KB · Views: 10
Congratulations to Mad :cheers: on his overall win this week and to Synwraith on his Div. 2 Podium finish :cheers: 👍 great job Maz.

Congratulations to everyone else as well. This one was fun.

Last edited:
Congrats to all the podiums 👍 Some really quick times up there, especially by mad94d :cheers:

Congrats Madison and all podium winners.

I always knew that I wasn't the quickest trhrough the bus stop but losing four tenth to Animera...?!

What type of exit speeds do you all have from the bus stop, or rather when passing T4? And what speeds at the start/finishline?

We can talk about this now right?

Congrats to all the winners

GTP_01GTP's replay is clean and green

Here is my replay, also my replays for the last two weeks(24, 23) still need be reviewed NTSC, thanks

Attachments

• GTP Nuclearfire WRS week 25.zip
    130.3 KB · Views: 10
Congrats to mad for the overall win :cheers:. Although I wasn't expecting Stotty to lose the lead he had at T3 on the leaderboard. Must have been some great tune you had there, mad :sly: :lol:. Well done to all division winners and podiums aswell 👍

I wasn't expecting to be 3rd overall here at all as I was very slow in the first 3 sectors of the lap and only 7 or something on the leaderboard.

Congrats Madison and all podium winners.

I always knew that I wasn't the quickest trhrough the bus stop but losing four tenth to Animera...?!

What type of exit speeds do you all have from the bus stop, or rather when passing T4? And what speeds at the start/finishline?

We can talk about this now right?

Yeah, we can talk about this now, but Animera will have to post his replay this week, so you'll be able to watch it yourself soon :)

Thanks everyone.👍:cheers: I'd like to congratulate Stotty for a fantastic time, I didn't think i'd beat you to tell you the truth. I'd also like to congratulate all podium finishers.👍 I'd also like to thank Racer_LP for giving me his suspension tune, it took about 0.5 off my end lap time.👍 I used TLD gearing but with the FD set at 4.450.

In my best lap I went across T4 at about 190km/h. I think I was crossing the start/finish line at 255km/h. But you'll be able to see in my replay which i'll post shortly.👍

Congratulations to all the winners and podiums :cheers:
Great Times Mad and Chris 👍
Ian - you will be D1 soon (hopefully) :D
Maz - you have no right to go as quickly so soon with your wheel :)
Well done to Kenny and Madmax for dominating your divisions. 👍👍

The problem is that I have the download version and therefore cannot watch any replays from disk versions

Well done everyone. I found that using maximum weight and power gave me more of an advantage down the straights than the time I lost in the infield.
Cohiba, I entered the busstop at around 180 km/h and exited at around 190km/h, passing the start finish line at 261km/h.
Here is my replay.

Attachments

• GTP_Animera_WRS_25.zip
    126.9 KB · Views: 9
Cohiba, I entered the busstop at around 180 km/h and exited at around 190km/h, passing the start finish line at 261km/h.

There you have it then. I exited the bus stop at 187 km/h and passed the line at 255 km/h.

Edit: Comparing with Maz times ↓↓↓ it's apparent that it is my entry that is the problem since I have near identical speeds out of bus stop and at the finish line but still manage to lose 2/10 from T3 to the finish line. I must check when I get home but I have a feeling my entry speed may be as low as 170 km/h (that's 105.6 mph for the metrically challenged members)

Last edited:
Very interesting results there, I had wondered about how much people were giving away in the bus stop and down the straight as a trade-off for excellent infield splits.

Congratulations to Madison for a 1'54 and to Stotty for getting within about 0.1 of the overall win. Truly brilliant laps, however simple this combo may have been it takes some luck but in truth great skill to obtain such a laptime. There's a reason the top positions are the domain of D1 drivers.

Well done to IANimera for yet another superb D2 win and to Fuzzy of course. Check it out. 0.059 seconds covers the podium on D2...makes me feel like one better corner in the infield would have got me a division win. Still, damn pleased with third considering how close it was. Replay soon.

Well done to Kenny for winning D3 so well and getting well amongst the D2 drivers 👍 Well done to MadMax for besting the usually unbeatable Nuclearfire in D4!

Thanks Carl, Matt and Phil for the kind words, I agree with Stevie Devie when he says it's a true pleasure to be among such brilliant supportive and encouraging drivers and people on this forum.

Thomas, my entry speed to Bus Stop was about 115mph on a good lap, but the lower my entry speed I always got a better exit, I think on my fastest lap I hit 117mph at T4 and 159/160mph at the line. I really did fine that I could hit 1'55.4xx/5xx and 6xx even with rubbish infield splits. It was SO difficult to nail a good bus stop and still be ahead of my ghost that I'm not surprised a number of guys with better infield splits than me actually didn't end up ahead in the end.

All the best
Maz

Congratulations podium finishers, well done Mad on a Div.1 1st place.:) I'm kind of happy with my time too, I seem to have jumped a few spots at Bus Stop and only 3 tenths behind first, considering I was a good 4-5 tenths behind at T3.:dopey:

Firstly, congratulations to Mad for a great lap, all the other podiums, and to Maz for obviously improving massively with the wheel 👍

Secondly, a confession/appology - My submitted lap is different to the splits I have submitted on the board - I ran a quicker lap (with slower splits) Friday afternoon then never seemed to get the time to post due to family stuff.

And finally a few comments on Daytona;

This is by far my best result ever at Daytona, so I am happy, but I still think the 'bus stop' makes Daytona a bit of a joke - it makes such a huge difference to your lap time yet it is pretty much luck if you get it spot on.

My submitted lap is 0.2 slower to T3 yet almost 0.2 faster to the line than my board time - 1'14.100/1'55.047 vs 1'13.901/1'55.234. After I hit the 55.047 I was sure I would get down to a low 54.8 as I was hitting 1'13.8/9 T3's pretty much every lap. Yet over the course of the next hour I never once got anywhere near repeating my speed through the bus stop. It's just a case of line it up for the entry and just hope you come out the other side.

In addition, at the IFTC race here almost everyone of the top 20 times was Dq'd for running off track at the same section of track.... and that's 20 of the best/fastest drivers out there.

So happy with 2nd, but feeling little sense of achievement!

Replay...

View attachment WRS 25 1'55.047.zip

Yeah, you're right Stotty. The bus stop is a bit of a lucky dip. You just have to throw it in and hope you come out the other side.:dopey:

In my last run(where I didn't improve) I was doing 1'13.7's/8's to T3 consistently but couldn't nail the bus stop. I love DR, but with this car the bus stop was a joke. It was a fluke to nail it on my fastest lap. I wouldn't have a clue how I went through there that fast. The thing is about the 'bus stop' is that you don't just lose time at the bus stop, but you lose time the entire length of the bank/straight. So the bus stop heavily affects your lap.

Well done guys, some excellent laps again and a very exciting podium in D2. I didn't get to put in may laps for this one, and it shows. Quite humbling. :dopey:

Yeah, you're right Stotty. The bus stop is a bit of a lucky dip. You just have to throw it in and hope you come out the other side.:dopey:

In my last run(where I didn't improve) I was doing 1'13.7's/8's to T3 consistently but couldn't nail the bus stop. I love DR, but with this car the bus stop was a joke. It was a fluke to nail it on my fastest lap. I wouldn't have a clue how I went through there that fast. The thing is about the 'bus stop' is that you don't just lose time at the bus stop, but you lose time the entire length of the bank/straight. So the bus stop heavily affects your lap.

Oh good I wasn't the only one with problems at bus stop.:) Bus stop is best done with slow cars and lower grip tyres.:)

Getting a good run through the 'busstop' isnt about hoping for a fluke. Its about getting it right, like any other combination of turns on a circuit. Yes, this particular combination is particularly difficult to get right consistently, but I get such a good feeling when I nail it. The braking, turn in, fight with the wheel to keep it straight, and acceleration out onto the bank take a good amount of driving skill.

Getting a good run through the 'busstop' isnt about hoping for a fluke. Its about getting it right, like any other combination of turns on a circuit. Yes, this particular combination is particularly difficult to get right consistently, but I get such a good feeling when I nail it. The braking, turn in, fight with the wheel to keep it straight, and acceleration out onto the bank take a good amount of driving skill.

I'm sure we all know what we want to do, but apparently we're all dislexic and as you said it's a very inconistent corner to get 100% right, which almost makes it a fluke when you do..........

:lol: You've hit the nail on the head Paulie. If only the car would do what I want it to do I'd be a very happy man. I suppose thats the consistency that we all seek so hard and is so difficult to find.

I'm sure everyone has their own sweet combo to suit their driving style... its the mark of greatness to be able to pull off top times with almost any car and track combination. Thankfully we can't all be great. I'm aiming to be the best average-to-below-average I can possibly be.

Except possibly with the Evos round Daytona Road.

Good competition this week though - made a return to WRS very pleasant :)

I only just realised MadMax's incredible time from back in D4. I suspect there will be a new D3 driver soon.:sly:

I'm sure everyone has their own sweet combo to suit their driving style... its the mark of greatness to be able to pull off top times with almost any car and track combination. Thankfully we can't all be great. I'm aiming to be the best average-to-below-average I can possibly be.

Except possibly with the Evos round Daytona Road.

Good competition this week though - made a return to WRS very pleasant :)

Call me peasant then.:sly:

Well said Animera,i also think car set up is also very important to get through Bus Stop.

Wow, well done Kenny, cracking bus stop, pal. Nice to get my first podium in D3. Crikey, 1 hundredth quicker than Grevling!

Back