:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: World Circuits > Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Car Type: Garage/Favorites Car
  • Make: Japan> Mazda
  • Model: MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
  • Power: 156 bhp (including oil change and added parts noted below)
  • Weight: 891 kg (Including Stage 2 Weight Reduction)
  • PP: 394
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Comfort Soft (CS)
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Some Added Parts Allowed - Noted Below
  • Racing Suspension: Soft
  • Racing Brakes
  • Sports Computer
  • Intake Tuning
  • Stage 2 Weight Reduction
  • No Other Added Parts or Adjustments are Allowed, including added aero parts.
  • Brake Balance adjustment is allowed.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
  • Custom Wheels and Paint are Allowed
Course Settings:
  • Time: Not Variable at This Track
  • Weather: Not Variable at This Track
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ. This includes braking markers - Be Careful!
  • Tarmac and Rumble Strips (Mainly Blue and White) are Track. No Other surfaces are track. This includes the green astroturf inside the final turn.

Steward's Comments:
I race in ChumpCar, and this Miata build is about as Chump as it gets. Strip out all the weight, add a roll cage, racing brakes, a cold air intake, a chip, and some cheap coil overs. Then it's "Let's Go Racin'!" This car is a really fun drive around here, it's very chuckable, even on these tires. We should all be battling for tenths again this week. 👍

Credit to @Gravitron for above Pic

Viewing your T1, T2 & T3 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1, T2 & T3 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 or T3 split times, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

View attachment 184995

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 3 splits: T1, T2 & T3 times
  • Any settings discussion

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 26 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, July 21st 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

View attachment 184994

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Kevin. Have you spec'd it out similar in power/weight to your chumpcar? It'll be interesting to hear your lap times/differences between RL and here.

Reactions: EDK
Make sure to get the one that has Miata in its name. On the bottom right of the 3rd page of Mazda's there's two MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93 cars...you want the one that has "Miata" in its name.

Awesome combo, chump. :bowdown:

:25.151
:54.368
1:16.584

5/5 BB, Racing Brakes not installed. So much time left on the track it is silly. Good fun.

Looking good Kevin. Have you spec'd it out similar in power/weight to your chumpcar? It'll be interesting to hear your lap times/differences between RL and here.
Yeah, it's similar. When I worked to match my lap times in the MR2, I had to be on C2 tires, otherwise I would blow the times away. These tires feel more like what we have on the car, but will set faster times.

1:16.313

@crowhop I think you have a typo in your T1.

Last edited:
Decent session tonight. Car feels very lazy (soft suspension?), but it's a lot of fun chucking it through the high speed bends. Like a muscle car, but without the power :dopey:.
1'15.550

Was up 3 tenths on this lap, when an ant with wings starts chillin in the middle of my screen. Made me lose time cuz I was staring at it. The guy wouldn't even fly away when I tried scaring it, so I had to grab a teddy bear to swipe the stupid thing off screen.

1'14.610

Estimated 3 tenths to find in the last sector, maybe 1.5 tenths to T3

Usually takes me ages to be anywhere near the limit :crazy:

1'14.610

Estimated 3 tenths to find in the last sector, maybe 1.5 tenths to T3

Usually takes me ages to be anywhere near the limit :crazy:

Just had my first session and feel like I'm not far off my limit, perhaps a tenth in each sector, but I'm 1.1 seconds behind you!? If your splits are right and not a typo (Is it too early to clutch at straws!?) then I can't see many people getting too close to that 👍

1'15.697

Nudged a cheeky pass on @EDK through the corkscrew :lol:

Great combo, you can push really hard, but the grip limit gets exceeded really easily when you overdo it. Works great 👍

I think BB 3/5 and ABS1

Oh and GT-Japanese 006-C :P

Last edited:
4/6 BB FTW

1'15.417

Been a little quicker to the split. 1'15 flat is my target!

Nice T3. 👍 Couple questions -

1. How are you managing turn 6? (the bowl under the bridge at the T2 split marker). Are you ****ing up to 4th, and going back to 3rd for that turn. Are you braking for it, or lifting only? I am going up to 4th, back to 3rd for turn in, brushing the brakes at the second to last marker, back to 4th at the exit rumble. Other than the shifting, it's actually my RL technique, and is consistent. But is it fast here?

2. What's your braking point for the cork? I am right at the crest to still be able to make the apex and mash the throttle straight away. Any sooner feels like I'm crawling in, any later and I miss the apex.

The 3rd sector is where I always lose out on these combos at this track, and on track IRL, it's probably my strongest sector. I pass more cars on the straight between turn 6 and the cork than any other place on track.

1'14.560

Was looking like a lap I could submit until I braked perilously late for the final corner :grumpy:

EDK
Nice T3. 👍 Couple questions -

1. How are you managing turn 6? (the bowl under the bridge at the T2 split marker). Are you ****ing up to 4th, and going back to 3rd for that turn. Are you braking for it, or lifting only? I am going up to 4th, back to 3rd for turn in, brushing the brakes at the second to last marker, back to 4th at the exit rumble. Other than the shifting, it's actually my RL technique, and is consistent. But is it fast here?

2. What's your braking point for the cork? I am right at the crest to still be able to make the apex and mash the throttle straight away. Any sooner feels like I'm crawling in, any later and I miss the apex.

The 3rd sector is where I always lose out on these combos at this track, and on track IRL, it's probably my strongest sector. I pass more cars on the straight between turn 6 and the cork than any other place on track.

Tried both but 3rd gear scrubs too much speed - tho I do use it if I think I'm going too deep, but it's just to try and resurrect the lap. Stay in 4th and if you are bang on the money you can hold 82mph min

Corkscrew - no specific point, still working it out - sorry - trying to hit them around 10m ish short of the '2' board I guess and trail into the apex trying to get the line right is trickier here than I have found in other cars. The most important turn for me is that first left hander in T2 - it's always been thale hardest one for me to nail.

1'14.560

Was looking like a lap I could submit until I braked perilously late for the final corner :grumpy:

One word: How? Not seen any sectors close to yours. :scared:

Reactions: EDK
I submitted my lap to check all the specs etc. were correct, and got this:

Fetchy
Submission for week 26 is REJECTED!

Errors:
Transmission2 setting is invalid
Transmission5 setting is invalid

...despite not going anywhere near the gearbox :confused:

Did you already have the car? I wonder if the post 1.09 update messed with it and it's not default tranny?

Did you already have the car? I wonder if the post 1.09 update messed with it and it's not default tranny?
Nope, had to buy it today which is even more confusing! Only bought the necessary parts and changed the oil.

Maybe it didn't like my paintjob or rims? :lol:

Nope, had to buy it today which is even more confusing! Only bought the necessary parts and changed the oil.

Maybe it didn't like my paintjob or rims? :lol:

That's what I did and changed the paint and wheels as well - I'll try and submit mine too to check it out.

Submission for week 26 is REJECTED!

Errors:
Transmission2 setting is invalid
Transmission5 setting is invalid

Please make sure to attach a valid Gran Turismo replay, as described on the forums.

You can create a new conversation with the attached replay(s).

I guess as it's super early in the week for submissions that it's not configured yet.

Same response for me, though, so if we're on the same spec then all I can say is :bowdown: - though I still have no idea how you're so much quicker :lol:

Last edited:

Yeah, there seem to be some issues with the replay checks. We'll sort it out, the official deadline is not for 8 days.

Just give me a couple hours, working on some other things ATM.

Tried both but 3rd gear scrubs too much speed - tho I do use it if I think I'm going too deep, but it's just to try and resurrect the lap. Stay in 4th and if you are bang on the money you can hold 82mph min

Corkscrew - no specific point, still working it out - sorry - trying to hit them around 10m ish short of the '2' board I guess and trail into the apex trying to get the line right is trickier here than I have found in other cars. The most important turn for me is that first left hander in T2 - it's always been thale hardest one for me to nail.
Yeah, turn 6 is key to a good lap at Laguna. I'll try 4th, thanks. 👍

I should have known better, that's what I had to do in the E30 I drove here, same technique for the same reason.

Are you braking, or just lifting?

Is there any difference between the wheel options, Stock, +1, +2? I've been meaning to ask for a while, but always slipped my mind.

I ultimately turned my fastest time in the Alpine with stock sized wheels after trying the +1 initially. Bought +1 for this one.

Last edited:
I LOVE this combo!!!

After my first 30 mins I managed a:
1'18.600

I know I've been quicker in each sector, time to string it together!

Is there any differemce between the wheel options, Stock, +1, +2. I've been meaning to ask for a while, but always slipped my mind.

I ultimately turned my fastest time in the Alpine with stock sized wheels after trying the +1 initially. Bought +1 for this one.

There is different rims per sizes, not all rims are available in the norm size - I got +2 rims that I liked.

As for any difference in laptimes - I don't think it's yet been proven that they affect anything other than cosmetics.

Back