GTP_WRS Week 26 : Mazda is as Mazda Does

• Thread starter EDK
  • 473 comments
I finally got some seat time with this one, nice combo Kevin! Times are soo bad I dare not post them, way out of practice. Will try again today.

Reactions: EDK
1'15.092

Absolute limit in terms of splits pretty much, maybe half a tenth more to find in the corkscrew. I messed up the final turn unfortunately, a tenth went there - repeating these splits will be a challenge, but we'll see - I'll be chasing this ghost for quite a while for the rest of this week!

Only seen splits in the .2s two or three times prior to this lap, but at least I know what I can achieve on a near-perfect lap.

Still 4/6 ABS 1

Throwing this car around the bends at Monterrey is so much fun!! My wife's favorite track so might have some more Gt time this week. Lovely combo 👍
First splits
1'16.600

This is fun! Should keep me away from GTA online for the week! So out of practice.
1'18.917

1:15.768

:lol: Those are pretty much the same as my last ones, I just picked up a couple tenths at the line.

Have no idea where I'm losing it all in T3, are you guys managing to take turn 6 flat, or something?

First very weary splits, ds3. World cup final and all that. Follow me on Twitter if you use. @XValueUK . Just to get on the board as i love this track...
We all know there's loads of time left.

Looking at the lap, it looks really Messi ;)

:boggled:

First very weary splits, ds3. World cup final and all that. Follow me on Twitter if you use. @XValueUK . Just to get on the board as i love this track...
We all know there's loads of time left.

Looking at the lap, it looks really Messi ;)

:boggled:
Lol. Non sober laps are a clear no no. Just checked other splits....

1'15.834

Don't know if I am loosing alot of time in turn 6 or the corkscrew:boggled:. Need to figure it out. @EDK - I think we need to figure out turn 6 at full throtle!

Last edited:
Did a few more with asm off tcs1.
Need to not be at the bottom.... :boggled:
Hope this helps. Foind 2.5 s at like. And again, lap is so messy.
Then to bed. 4.30 am here, and back on Madrid tomorrow.

1'15.834

Don't know if I am loosing alot of time in turn 6 or the corkscrew:boggled:. Need to figure it out. @EDK - I think we need to figure out turn 6 at full throtle!
You'll need to post those again, I don't think he picks up on edits anymore.

I've deleted your time from the board, being that you were more than a minute ahead of everyone. :lol:

1'14.560

Was looking like a lap I could submit until I braked perilously late for the final corner :grumpy:

Care to share your speed secret here? Any tips you have would be appreciated beings you're a whole half second faster than anyone else. The sector I have bolded would be the most helpful.

EDK
1:15.768

:lol: Those are pretty much the same as my last ones, I just picked up a couple tenths at the line.

Have no idea where I'm losing it all in T3, are you guys managing to take turn 6 flat, or something?

Slight tap of the brake with throttle feathering, slowest i drop to is 81 mph. Taking it in 4th.. i think i can, i think i can all the way up the hill :lol:

Slight tap of the brake with throttle feathering, slowest i drop to is 81 mph. Taking it in 4th.. i think i can, i think i can all the way up the hill :lol:

Same - micro-brake-tap

I don't think you can lift, unless you coast for ages.

Care to share your speed secret here? Any tips you have would be appreciated beings you're a whole half second faster than anyone else. The sector I have bolded would be the most helpful.
For the first right in T2, I use all the kerb on the left before turning in, lifting partially (staying in 3rd) and cutting the inside kerb as much as I can, aiming for 78-79mph at the apex. Sometimes cutting the kerb gives a little oversteer which can help your exit speed. For the following left, I brake briefly, gradually lifting off until 65-66mph, aiming for the inside kerb with the left front. I use lots of steering initially then straighten up as much as I can, since momentum is key for the uphill section.

Dunno if that helps, it's hard to explain my driving :lol:

As for the first sector:

Still using 5/5 brakes

PSA: Shift as close to the limiter as possible. Redline is at 7000, limiter at 7700. Ideally you want to be shifting at 7600.
Thanks. I'd fiddled with short shifting, and that was going to be my next question.

Same - micro-brake-tap

I don't think you can lift, unless you coast for ages.

I'd like to see you guys try and explain that to someone going on the track IRL. :lol:

In the MR2, I lift and tap the brake to set the car, back on full throttle just before apex. On my best runs, I SMACK the exit rumbles and carry 10-15 more MPH than many of the cars around me. I think I was even exiting it at ~80 MPH in the Challenger.

Last edited:
EDK
Thanks. I'd fiddled with short shifting, and that was going to be my next question.

I'd like to see you guys try and explain that to someone going on the track IRL. :lol:

In the MR2, I lift and tap the brake to set the car, back on full throttle just before apex. On my best runs, I SMACK the exit rumbles and carry 10-15 more MPH than many of the cars around me. I think I was even exiting it at ~80 MPH in the Challenger.

Guaranteed IRL the bowl and corkscrew I would be about 1% as brave as in GT6 :lol:

The safety of virtual reality :D

For the first right in T2, I use all the kerb on the left before turning in, lifting partially (staying in 3rd) and cutting the inside kerb as much as I can, aiming for 78-79mph at the apex. Sometimes cutting the kerb gives a little oversteer which can help your exit speed. For the following left, I brake briefly, gradually lifting off until 65-66mph, aiming for the inside kerb with the left front. I use lots of steering initially then straighten up as much as I can, since momentum is key for the uphill section.

Dunno if that helps, it's hard to explain my driving :lol:

As for the first sector:

Still using 5/5 brakes

Thanks for the tips and video, much appreciated.

Back