GTP_WRS Week 29 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 77 comments
Congragulations to all the podium winners and podium placers. Wow this one was close. I bet on the division podium videos its gonna look like you all finished at the same time! lol

Id like to say a really big way to go to Matt/Millross/GTP_Insatiable. I always know your a contender for the podium win, just didnt know you never had before is all. Would have guessed you had won before considering how well you drive.👍

6---0'55.534---GTP_Hydro
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Clean lap Hydro, you were flirting with the walls on the downhill straight and after the double left-hander, but managed not to touch anything.👍

Time and tires are correct.

And thank you for reviewing my replay.

Wow another close finish this week. I was hoping my T3 was good enough to keep me where I was or bump me up a little, I just didn't imagine it was enough to land 1st. Congrats to newcomer GTP_gooners_17 to immediately get on the podium and to GTP_Pluscat to have made a tremendous jump to 3rd with T3!

Good job as always to Mr. Holland who doesn't seem to know what 2nd and 3rd place are :P

Congrats on your win Millross, well deserved. 👍

Congrats as well to all podium finishers. 👍

I would have liked to land a D1 time this week, I felt it was possible, left close to .35 seconds on the track, but I just couldn't string all the sectors together. One day...

Attachments

• GTP_T13R Week 29 replay 0_55_322.zip
    170.5 KB · Views: 9
Tim, looks like you've uploaded the wrong replay. It's the right event, but the time is off by ~.200.

Jeez... I always export these things early to be cautious and guess I picked the wrong one. I'll re-export and fix original in a few. Thanks for taking a look. Next week I'll launch up GT5 and export a fresh copy and watch the electronics bits go from HD to thumb drive one by one.

-Tim

Edit: Here's the new replay... removed the old one from the original post.

Attachments

• GTP_WRS_Week_29_Replay-GTP_WRP001.zip
    171 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
6---0'55.534---GTP_Hydro

Clean lap Hydro, you were flirting with the walls on the downhill straight and after the double left-hander, but managed not to touch anything.👍

Time and tires are correct.

And thank you for reviewing my replay.

Thanks, and your welcome 👍
And yes, I ran really tight to that wall, and all the walls if I remember correctly :) It was that sort of week.

My replay, NTSC, suffix 029. Only close call is the exit from turn 2, but one quick jump to photo mode shows it's clean.

--------------------
Checked a couple replays, times and tires match.

1---0'55.322---GTP_T13R

Nice lap, T13R. 👍 It never worked for me to take turn 2 wide like you did, nor dropping down to 3rd gear so early like you did (with it screaming off the rev limiter...). But it obviously worked.

4---0'55.493---GTP_WRP001

Good job, Tim, amazing T1 (downshifting slower than I did, hmmm), very smooth T2, and T3 I really can't see why you lost 0.2, it seems like you were on the gas super early, and even kept it floored when it looked like you would plow into the guard rail on the exit (but you didn't). 👍

Glad to lose to both of your inspiring laps. :cheers:

Attachments

• GTP_Gravitron_WRS29_NTSC.zip
    170.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
4---0'55.493---GTP_WRP001

Good job, Tim, amazing T1 (downshifting slower than I did, hmmm), very smooth T2, and T3 I really can't see why you lost 0.2, it seems like you were on the gas super early, and even kept it floored when it looked like you would plow into the guard rail on the exit (but you didn't). 👍

If I could have run your T3 I would have gotten T13R at the line by 0.007... oh why oh why didn't you teach me how to run T3 :lol:

Thanks for the review. T3 was and still is a mystery to me... Sometimes I nailed it only to come out losing a tenth at 14.98X ... other times I thought I bunked it and ran a 14.86X. I never ran a 14.7XX on a single recorded lap so it just wasn't there for me. T1 & T2 on the other hand just seemed natural to me from the start... go figure.

Edit: I checked out your lap and it's clean, tires and time match and a very nice even handicap too.

5---0'55.519---GTP_Gravitron

I wish I'd have seen your T3 last week. It was a totally different approach whereas I was basically just making a tighter version of the pre-lap turn. I loaded the laps in data logger and it's clear you held speed longer... I had a speed advantage out, but slight and the run to the finish wasn't long enough to recapture the lost time.

T2 I got slowed a little earlier, but avoided any drift and got on the gas quicker so exit speed was higher.

T1 I had a slight speed advantage at the line that carried all the way to turn 1. Then a little later braking.

Nice Lap and more in the "drifty"/rally spirit than mine for sure. 👍

Last edited:
I am going to check a few replays now so I just noticed that Madbeater's file is his save game and not a replay.

4---0'55.250---GTP_Seismica

3---0'55.165---GTP_Flamingo

10--0'55.592---GTP_viper84

3---0'55.413---GTP_Pluscat

11--0'55.799---GTP_hessi

Last edited:
ASH32
11--0'55.799---GTP_hessi

Thanks. After being one of the first to submit a replay and not getting anything back I was afraid you all discussed my disqualification via PM...

But I completely understand that other replays are more exciting to watch than mine... ;-)

Congratulations to all Division and podium winners :cheers:

Great fight for first place in D1, but Dan´s last sector deserves :bowdown:

A big 👍👍👍 for Matt for his D2 victory!!

Carlos, you had a super bug on your front bumper :sly::sly::crazy:

Thought that my last sector was good but was soooo! wrong. :dunce:

Again some really impressive times for the D3 crew 👍

A big 👍👍👍 for Matt for his D2 victory!!:

Thanks dude! 👍

jack5428
Id like to say a really big way to go to Matt/Millross/GTP_Insatiable

Cheers Jack :D 👍

NINE HUNDRED
Cheers for checking

No worries! 👍

Congrats on your win Millross, well deserved. :tup

Thank you sir! 👍

Replay checking machine

Awesome work on the replay verification! 👍

Thanks for checking, I was starting to think I had uploaded it wrong.

I downloaded your replay when I checked the other ones but I totally forgot to check it, sorry mate! 👎 to me

Looks like the D2 podium has all been verified Millross, if you're lucky, Gravitron or Speedy might make a D2 podium vid which I think you would find great, being you're first D2 podium win. :D (Correct me if i'm wrong)

You have me confused with DDiamond (Dan), who is the NTSC vid expert. If I tried to make a podium video, it would take me years, and a few hundred $$ of equipment. :D

Thanks for the quick verify, Tim. 👍 I'll give you some T3 lessons tonight! :sly:

You have me confused with DDiamond (Dan), who is the NTSC vid expert. If I tried to make a podium video, it would take me years, and a few hundred $$ of equipment. :D

Thanks for the quick verify, Tim. 👍 I'll give you some T3 lessons tonight! :sly:

Oops...:lol:

I take it that just leaves Speedy then seeing as though there all PAL replays

I am going to check a few replays now so I just noticed that Madbeater's file is his save game and not a replay

Oops sorry about that, hopefully this is right

Attachments

• GTP_Madbeater_week29.zip
    193 KB · Views: 11
1---0'55.322---GTP_T13R

Nice lap, T13R. 👍 It never worked for me to take turn 2 wide like you did, nor dropping down to 3rd gear so early like you did (with it screaming off the rev limiter...). But it obviously worked.
Thanks for checking Gravitron. I went with the wide line in T2 as I felt cutting in too soon on the first left didn't give me a good line to exit the second left. Bouncing off the rev limiter was a mistake that I believe induced some oversteer in the second left and ultimately slowed me down a little.

My "technique" to keep the car from oversteering in T2 was to trail brake (I ran the event with stock settings as I can't properly setup RA for my button layout), although one of my fastest T2's (21.98x) had a wide drift into the first left but ended up being the perfect setup for the second left, something I was not able to repeat. I kept that replay if anyone is interested.

Hi folks,

Well done everyone this week. I thought it was a fun combo. Here's my PAL replay.

Cheers

Stephen

Attachments

• WRS Week 29 GTP_the_wilco PAL.zip
    171.5 KB · Views: 10
GTP_the_wilco

Nice lap, very smooth through the double left in T2. Maybe a bit to smooth which would have cost you a couple of tenths, other than that great lap:tup:

GTP_the_wilco

Nice lap, very smooth through the double left in T2. Maybe a bit to smooth which would have cost you a couple of tenths, other than that great lap:tup:

Many thanks. Smooth is not my default driving style so when I do it I tend to over-do it.

Cheers

Stephen

Many thanks. Smooth is not my default driving style so when I do it I tend to over-do it.

Cheers

Stephen

You had the right exit speed into the double left, but you braked a little to late costing you a bit of momentum. If you would have braked a bit earlier, you could have coasted through the entry faster and still had 75-76MPH exit speed. You were doing 75MPH on exit but dropped to much on entry.

Hope this was helpful:tup:

Lucas you devil... you did show me how to run T3 and won our little test race session on Madrid last night. I liked the victory spinout you did... but a bit of advice... next time wait until you pass the finish line :dunce:

FYI everyone, we are going to be running this combo online as part of a new spot race series. This particular combo is scheduled for Sept 28th. Check it out.

The combo did translate *very* well online with the same tire setup (S3/S1) and we were running 18.4's in T1 and low 56 lap times. I think 56.0XX was the pole time for our quick session.

Last edited:
Here is my PAL replay.
Well done to all who took part and thanks to those who helped me out this week.

Attachments

• BCES00569-RPL018-Jimantonic week 29..zip
    171 KB · Views: 8
Back