GTP_WRS Week 32 : Ride my Rocket

• Thread starter Argon
  • 235 comments
Improved slightly (.034) at the line. I’ve been playing around with gear choices and BB and have settled on +1 BB again. I’ve been holding onto a gear a bit longer vs. shifting up in some of the corners to help manage push/understeer while on the throttle a bit better for me at least. I have settled on using 4th for the exit out of the last corner.

Maybe it is just me??? Have you been on a personal best in sector one and then miss the apex/run a bit wide on the first left heading into omega? Or are you running 2-3 car lengths up on your ghost and then carry too much speed into the last corner and slowly understeer off of the track throwing away a great time? Maybe it’s just me...

Slower sector one:

Still leaving (.100-200) out there for now. My clean laps are very consistent, so close to my limit at this point.

Improved slightly (.034) at the line. I’ve been playing around with gear choices and BB and have settled on +1 BB again. I’ve been holding onto a gear a bit longer vs. shifting up in some of the corners to help manage push/understeer while on the throttle a bit better for me at least. I have settled on using 4th for the exit out of the last corner.

Maybe it is just me??? Have you been on a personal best in sector one and then miss the apex/run a bit wide on the first left heading into omega? Or are you running 2-3 car lengths up on your ghost and then carry too much speed into the last corner and slowly understeer off of the track throwing away a great time? Maybe it’s just me...

Slower sector one:

Still leaving (.100-200) out there for now. My clean laps are very consistent, so close to my limit at this point.
Not just you. When running a personal best you are carrying more speed into the next turn usually, so the next breaking point becomes too aggressive. Happens to the best of us.

I am 3rd for t1 winding it out to the omega. Down to 2nd for the uphill left, then to 3rd before I start downhill, braking early and wot with no lift over the hill to t2 and shift at redline. Then 4th for the last turn as wide as you can get without going off to make the apex on to the straight

I am 3rd for t1 winding it out to the omega. Down to 2nd for the uphill left, then to 3rd before I start downhill, braking early and wot with no lift over the hill to t2 and shift at redline. Then 4th for the last turn as wide as you can get without going off to make the apex on to the straight

That is what I am doing, but no where near your times.......:lol::lol::lol:

Back