GTP_WRS Week 34 : Shiftsss innn Spaaace!!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 254 comments
  • Tarmac inside rumbles is not track. Tarmac outside rumbles and rumbles are track.

So my whole lap is inside the rumbles (kerb?). Is it red flag?
Seems wrong.?

• Tarmac inside rumbles is not track. Tarmac outside rumbles and rumbles are track.

Seems wrong.?
I think you should be fine as long as the lap is valid and you have not hit any walls. GT6's track boundaries are much stricter than WRS's for this track from what I can tell.

Seems wrong.?
Yeah, you're probably right, that I said it backwards.

I was thinking of it as "Tarmac between rumbles and wall = Tarmac "Inside" rumbles".

Inside, as in, on the inside of the turn.

Interesting that the event has been posted up this long and it's the first time the wording question has come up.

I've changed the OP to this -

• Tarmac inside track boundary white lines and rumbles strips are track. Tarmac between rumble strips and walls is not track.

EDK
Yeah, you're probably right, that I said it backwards.

I was thinking of it as "Tarmac between rumbles and wall = Tarmac "Inside" rumbles".

Inside, as in, on the inside of the turn.

Interesting that the event has been posted up this long and it's the first time the wording question has come up.

I've changed the OP to this -

• Tarmac inside track boundary white lines and rumbles strips are track. Tarmac between rumble strips and walls is not track.

Sorry, I was too busy fixing the online event to notice. :sly:

The picture of Route 5 is still displayed incorrectly though, so... no score draw? ;)

I had another go and hit 9.2xx at T1 once but couldn't work out how to get consistency?!? I found it best to slam the gears back to first as I was braking into a corner but the speed required to do that is hard to replicate consistently. I tried Auto hoping it would slam back for me but nope. I think I'm going to have to settle with my submitted lap. I have to say I did enjoy my lapping in the kart despite not really being competitive. I cannot wait to see the top laps, how you found another (likely) 2 seconds over my lap is astounding I can see how good Karters end up racecar drivers...being fast appears to require seriously awesome vehicle control 👍

I had another go and hit 9.2xx at T1 once but couldn't work out how to get consistency?!? I found it best to slam the gears back to first as I was braking into a corner but the speed required to do that is hard to replicate consistently. I tried Auto hoping it would slam back for me but nope. I think I'm going to have to settle with my submitted lap. I have to say I did enjoy my lapping in the kart despite not really being competitive. I cannot wait to see the top laps, how you found another (likely) 2 seconds over my lap is astounding I can see how good Karters end up racecar drivers...being fast appears to require seriously awesome vehicle control 👍

Only practice,try again,and try again,and another....just might might you some tips.there is some curve that looks like third but take more in take revolutions,if you lower second sales released.in the middle of the curve you must caress only throttle to maintain traction.and the dish end attemps to stick to left rumbles to go in second biting cant just before the descent and thoroughly until the end.when you stop to pick up the first forks do more late,and when it seems that start to make understeer caresses the throttle a couple of times and you will see that each time the car will be looking front.and no full throttle leaving of curve.very soft.i hope to serve you.good look.
(my translater it's smoked,sorry for some words):boggled:

Last edited:
Ouch. I sliced about 3mm of the top of my left thumb ( my steering thumb) with a stanley knife, it's all bandaged up. I will have to give the TTs a break for a bit until I get the dressing of, I tried last night but was impossible, cant feel the steering stick on the DS3. So annoyed.

Right, I've submitted the time that I'm on at the moment, I've got another 0.15 to my perfect lap, but I'm not going to have time to do that. Just packing my PS3 and stuff now and heading back to university later today. I don't have a chair in my room there so I won't be able to play GT6 very well. Good luck to everyone still trying to find that magic lap! 👍

Again with the duplicate tenths..This is the best I have...J'ai fini! I am submitting and going to Riot Fest! Happy Weekend!

Yes, for the first left you need to experiment with how much throttle it needs to not bog down (I'm avoiding technical terms for my sake okay). Second gear. Seen several good T1s since application, but the second sector is still very random.

Yes,for me the most hard it's just bend the last before the parabolic .just after the jump, but in third gear,i'm very forced, if I go out in second I more stable and better point inward.
Yes, for the first left you need to experiment with how much throttle it needs to not bog down (I'm avoiding technical terms for my sake okay). Second gear. Seen several good T1s since application, but the second sector is still very random.
I what I do is exit bordering virtually all piano output from the third fork that goes to jump before the dish opening progressively before the jump

Last edited:
Well, this lap just came out of nowhere. Didn't think I'd be able to improve at all.

Looks like I had TC on 1, but I didn't really notice since the kart was still sliding all over the place. :crazy:

Reactions: EDK
@EDK

I have problems with my submission: "Submission for week 34 is REJECTED! Errors: ActiveSteering setting is invalid"

There is no active steering available in the driving options on this event :confused: What did I do wrong?

@EDK

I have problems with my submission: "Submission for week 34 is REJECTED! Errors: ActiveSteering setting is invalid"

There is no active steering available in the driving options on this event :confused: What did I do wrong?
bufff,i was looked that and i don't undestand anythink.i think you was maked the event in arcade time trial with the courtesy car.if not,can be it.if not,i can't help you

@EDK

Please add EDK and me to that Fetchy conversation, with the "Invite More" link over on the right.

Back