GTP_WRS Week 36 : DinoSOWr

• Thread starter EDK
  • 252 comments
This combo is really great. The car handles like a dream. The third sector is super long so there will be a lot of surprises at the end of the week.
Still having problems getting into 36s on consistent basis.

Reactions: EDK
My first 8 laps.this look very good.

six with one car that Fletchy no wants because was changed wheels and the other two with the final car.Humm,i think we can have very good battle. :cheers:

Last edited:
Great car for this track, tricky... but it can be fairly precise when you find the best entry speed and lines, Well chosen combo :bowdown: here's my opener...

I'll get another session in asap as I'm off work until Thursday 👍

This car is acres of fun! When it gets loose it's not impossible to catch either...loving it:

Quick and messy lap so I'm hopeful another 0.5 - 1.0 can be found 👍

Great combo! I've done a few reconnaissance laps yesterday. It's fun to throw the car around this track. The track comes to life a lot more than it ever did on the Megane Qualifier, but that's a matter of personal taste. I saw a few 16.7 T1's.

No splits yet. A bit tricky with no Tc and a DS3, set at 3 really helps with fishtailing, but defeats the purpose of the combo I guess. So it's a moral question for me this week (Leave it to me to find a moral choice wherever I look), do I go for trying to handle Enzo's son on wheels with no TC and go bonkers while learning a thing or two, or turn the tc to 3 and have it the easy, gentle way? :confused:

No splits yet. A bit tricky with no Tc and a DS3, set at 3 really helps with fishtailing, but defeats the purpose of the combo I guess. So it's a moral question for me this week (Leave it to me to find a moral choice wherever I look), do I go for trying to handle Enzo's son on wheels with no TC and go bonkers while learning a thing or two, or turn the tc to 3 and have it the easy, gentle way? :confused:

Compromise on 1 or 2? It's rarely good to dive straight in the ocean, try the pool first. :)

Compromise on 1 or 2? It's rarely good to dive straight in the ocean, try the pool first. :)

I've been trying to stop using TC for some weeks now. Some it's possible, some is not. But this week it feels like a whole different car. Too tame with TC, a bit too wild without. But don't get me wrong, the combo is great, will probably see what I'm faster with and stick with that.

I've been trying to stop using TC for some weeks now. Some it's possible, some is not. But this week it feels like a whole different car. Too tame with TC, a bit too wild without. But don't get me wrong, the combo is great, will probably see what I'm faster with and stick with that.
Not sure which buttons you use for throttle and brake, but if you use the shoulders, should be possible to keep some throttle fed in while transitioning in and out of braking. That's key to keeping these squirrely MR's under control.

EDK
Not sure which buttons you use for throttle and brake, but if you use the shoulders, should be possible to keep some throttle fed in while transitioning in and out of braking. That's key to keeping these squirrely MR's under control.

X for throttle, O for brakes, R2-R1 for gears. I know it's probably better to use shoulders for throttle and brakes but it's been ages using the same setup and can't seem to adapt to anything else.
Thanks for the tip Kevin!

Was already quite happy with my time through the last sector, and this lap improved upon it slightly. Only sector I'm unhappy with is the first one. Of course, my last sector could suck... but I'm still happy with it right now! :P

My FFB seems really weak compared to last week with the Jag. What would be some good settings to use. I currently use 5 torque with 8 sensitivity, have used it for 2 years. Could the motor be dying? :scared:

Edit: Actually, I just tried the Jag again, everything's fine. The FFB must work on a car to car basis in terms of strength?

Last edited:
First splits, really liking this combo, suits my driving style better than the Jag TT. Car handles brilliantly. :D

Those splits are really poor, so much improvement is obtainable. I wouldn't even have to concentrate to beat these. They are first splits though.

I bumped the FF to 6/9 for this light car.
The new force feedback model really helps with turning while braking (turn 2 for example). I can now really feel the moment where the front wheels start breaking loose. I think this combo would be good for experimenting with ABS 0 if you have good pedals.

Back