GTP_WRS Week 36 : Golf V GTI '05 @ Eiger Nordwand reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 93 comments
Better 3 lap string with fast lap:

***1'18.046***

2 tenths very possible.

Last edited:
Excellent improvement Devie. 👍
I'll have another go on Sunday, but I doubt whether I can improve that much.

You D1 guys are fast... Especially Holland. I went through all the past Leaderboards and he's pretty much familiar with P1. And its mostly by a wide margin! Just superb skillz.. and Animera should probably be in D1 based on past leaderboards.

Here's for praying Daytona Road is next *crosses fingers*

Jeez! some of you guys are fast - I'm nearly 3 seconds off the best time listed here!! My online ranking for the combo is currently 156th - I've only been playing GTP5 for a couple of weeks so hopefully I'll get better with practice but how I'm going to make up close to 3 seconds I don't know :banghead:

I loaded a couple of the online leaders ghosts and can see I'm losing time going through the left hander before the tunnel entrance - I'm neck and neck with the ghost up to the turn, lose ground through the turn then maintain the gap between me and the ghost for the rest of the course.

I can't make out what I am doing different to the ghosts but can't keep up with them through that turn -- 💡 -- there are currently 22 GTP_ guys in the top 100 listing, give me a tip for that turn and I'll try and make it 23 :D

Do you mean the the left right complex before the tunnel? If you do you cannot miss the left hand turn apex before the tunnel. If you miss that apex you almost certainly will hit the outside wall. So getting the apex there is extremely important. You're right too, if I ever bugger up that corner I immediately restart because if you don't get it right you can throw away about 0.1-0.2 there which is a huge amount of time.

The hairpin turns are the trickiest I think. You need to hit all the apexs and get on the throttle as early as possible.

At the final turn, I downchange to 2nd under brakes and then change back up to 3rd before I get back onto the throttle. That way you get better exit speed by a few km/h.👍

I hope that helps.👍

Jeez! some of you guys are fast - I'm nearly 3 seconds off the best time listed here!! My online ranking for the combo is currently 156th - I've only been playing GTP5 for a couple of weeks so hopefully I'll get better with practice but how I'm going to make up close to 3 seconds I don't know :banghead:

I loaded a couple of the online leaders ghosts and can see I'm losing time going through the left hander before the tunnel entrance - I'm neck and neck with the ghost up to the turn, lose ground through the turn then maintain the gap between me and the ghost for the rest of the course.

I can't make out what I am doing different to the ghosts but can't keep up with them through that turn -- 💡 -- there are currently 22 GTP_ guys in the top 100 listing, give me a tip for that turn and I'll try and make it 23 :D

I feel your pain eyespy, I'm the same, can't begin to think where to find that much time. It's amazing how much time you can lose just by practising though. Good luck with the times and I look forward to some competition with you in the non-aliens division!

hi i am newer hear, and i have really been finally getting into oinline. now i have a username already on psn, if i make a new psn name GTP_PubeLess. does my save go over to each user name? if not how can i copy what i have now on my name, and put it on this name so i dont loose everything? and i have all the cars and stuff?

hi i am newer hear, and i have really been finally getting into oinline. now i have a username already on psn, if i make a new psn name GTP_PubeLess. does my save go over to each user name? if not how can i copy what i have now on my name, and put it on this name so i dont loose everything? and i have all the cars and stuff?

Its quite simple mate, just go to ur game saves, press triangle, then copy onto the new username.

I gave this a go last night offline and
fastest lap on my current 3-lapper is:
1'18.588

MadMax

Well just say I'm feeling dam good about myself esp after weeks of being bottom of my division or close to it. It'll all change by results day but it feels good right now. I haven't broken that 1'18 barrier but I'm getting closer!! Got a new faster lap in my set of 3. I'm just looking for that one perfect lap now to get me under 1'18.

1'18.025

As much as I liked this one, I'll admit I got bored after the first 2 days, can't seem to get back into it, so I'm submitting my best 3 lapper, which contains a best lap of
1:18.507
Nicely consistant though, good luck all, see you next week

Well I think it won't be long before I hang up my keys to this Golf but whey hey I've broken the 1'18 barrier :)

bad thing is it wasn't in my fastest 3 lapper. I'll give it one more try before next weeks race comes out.

New fastest lap in 3 lap series.

1:17.843

I've seen a faster lap, as seen on the online leaderboard, but messed up the 2nd lap. :(

Submitting my time from Tuesday!

Yeah, not my best week, but it was fun and thats what it's all about!

Good luck to everyone else next week.

had one last session and couldn't improve so I'm submitting. Got 2 out of 3 goals so happy this week. Good luck to all still racing. Just wish I had got a sub 1'18 in my fastest set of 3.

I've submitted with my currently posted best lap. I had another run today but couldnt reproduce the lap I did yesterday.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the WRS :) Looking forward to many weeks of great racing with you all in the future 👍. Special thanks goes to MadMax86 for convincing me to finally join the WRS despite my unspectacular GT5P driving talent :lol:.

As for this week, my fastest lap is 1.19.209

See you all on the Daytona Clio Duo.

Submitted with the fastest lap posted way back when, 1'18.434.
The race has a 1'19 in there as well so I believe that will keep my time too high, we'll see.
Good luck to everyone.

Submitted with a total time including the posted fastest lap.

I was sure I could get a sub 1'18, but to many hours at work behind a real wheel instead of my DFP:lol:to get another chance.

Back