GTP_WRS Week 38 : Mustang Tsally

• Thread starter EDK
  • 133 comments
4755894740826752528_0.jpg

Did a practice race with @suprajef to show off our CTSCC liveries.

This Mustang is surprisingly grippy around this track
I know, it's kind of crazy.

We were testing it on Friday night, and I went in knowing I most likely wanted a Gr. 4 car here, and one we have not used.

On paper, this looks like it could be a handful of understeer, but it's surprisingly balanced and nimble.

I also tried the Toyota 86, which was awful here. Snap oversteer city. The Lancer, which was understeer city (along with the GT-R). AWD was just not working here.

The only other cars that were in the running to use were the Jaguar and the Aston Martin. They were both similar to the Mustang, but did not have quite the same grip and balance. I'm guessing the Viper would also have been good, but I wanted to save it for a track that the power could really be used.

BB+1. Up .02 at the line. Best I can manage in 2hrs concerted effort. The kerbs are nearly as bouncy as Alsace! Love the combo but never been any good at Tsukuba. Same goes for all the real tracks, except Bathurst it seems.

First 50km
That's a tough one. Struggling to find grip in the tight turns, turn 5 especially
If by 5 you mean the Dunlop corner, right hander under the tire bridge -

You should be able to manage it with just a lift, but lift early and turn in aggressively to get the car to the apex.

Don't be afraid to take a bit of apex curb, but you can't take so much on exit that it compromises the next left hander. You need to be able to set the car up to take that left hand turn flat.

EDK
If you people don't watch the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge from IMSA, you should start now!

https://sportscarchallenge.imsa.com/

I "borrowed" this livery, but it runs in that series. These are "Cage and Go" road cars that race on iconic tracks throughout the US and Canada. 👍
Conty is quite possibly the best racing in the world with the exception of V8 Supercars.....nice combo but would have liked Willow better :mischievous:

Back