GTP_WRS Week 38 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 64 comments
:bowdown:

WOW Kenny that's a lot of work - it's thanks to guys like you that WRS stays so alive, even with a barebone stripped-down introductory version of a once-to-be-released racegame of which the previous version was once very popular among a small group of racing freaks :D

Sorry for the delay, here is the replay.

Attachments

• GTP_mad94d WRS 38.zip
    115.2 KB · Views: 9
GTP_chrisbgt
gflagjn4.gif

You had both wheels on the rumble strip. Checked in slow-mo on my camera.

Oh and green flag - http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/994/gflagjn4.gif then wrap it in Image tags ([*IMG][/*IMG] - remove the stars)

Thanks very much for checking, and helping me find the flag.👍

I just checked the time stamp for my lap, and it is 25th of July 00.13, both online and my replay.

You had me worried as the the stamp you posted 01GTP, is 2 hours before I did it. :scared:

If my replay is required for time stamp verification, I am only to happy to do so.👍

Thanks for checking my replay 01GTP. My lap was done at 15:14 GMT.

There might be some confusion between GMT and BST (British Standard Time).

I believe GMT is currently 1 hour behind your local time? Is it your local time you are referring to? I don't see us handing out DQ's over a mistake such as this, it's just something to learn from for next time. 👍

EDK
There might be some confusion between GMT and BST (British Standard Time).

I believe GMT is currently 1 hour behind your local time? Is it your local time you are referring to? I don't see us handing out DQ's over a mistake such as this, it's just something to learn from for next time. 👍
You are right Kevin (tho some of the UK guys should confirm). Currently England is one hour ahead of GMT. Very confusing, even/particularly for the Brits :)

The confusion could be happening on either side of the big pond?

Sorry for any confusion with the time stamps.
I am 4 hrs + GMT so I just added 4 hours to all times.
According to this page it's 4 hours???
Right now it shows the time as 17:30, my time at home is 13:30...????

According to the leaderboard (after changing my PS3 to GMT) it shows as actually 5 hours difference.
According to my PS3 Home page clock it is 18:30...?????

As the song from the band Chicago goes............Does anybody really know what time it is?

I edited the time stamps to whatever time the PS3 shows.

As I said sorry for the confusion and I hope this clears it up. I'm still confused.

Sorry for any confusion with the time stamps.
I am 4 hrs + GMT so I just added 4 hours to all times.
According to this page it's 4 hours???
Right now it shows the time as 17:30, my time at home is 13:30...????

According to the leaderboard (after changing my PS3 to GMT) it shows as actually 5 hours difference.
According to my PS3 Home page clock it is 18:30...?????

As the song from the band Chicago goes............Does anybody really know what time it is?

I edited the time stamps to whatever time the PS3 shows.

As I said sorry for the confusion and I hope this clears it up. I'm still confused.

I was saying that I think YOU are correct, but that I also understand how people in the time zone of GMT can be confused. It's simply because of Daylight Savings time. We spring ahead, so does the UK, GMT is constant.

GTP-Nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

Time stamp is July 24 2:33 GMT.

Thanks for checking my replay 👍

the time should say July 24th 01:37 GMT as the time stamp on my ps3 says 9:37pm (EDT). i started my run at 9:00pm (EDT) witch should be 01:00 GMT as said in my registration PM to vaxen, i used the GMT site linked from the start of each WRS week. My ps3 was a few minutes off so i may have saved it at :33 instead of :37 but that should not make a difference, the hour would since we had to submit within an hour of the end of our registered 30 min time. It was not mentioned in the results post to include the time stamp so i did not think about it when checking GTP_Masicampo 's replay

Perhaps it might be a good idea to agree to only discuss time in GMT from now on to avoid situations like this. This requires WRS members to be aware of their time zone expressed in GMT plus or minus x.

Alternately (perhaps even better) we could agree to express all times in the zone of the official race clock as indicated in the live racing chat?

Sjaak, Kevin, Jack, ?, a mod decision or a poll might be a good idea on this issue, especially with the coming of the full game in mind when the crowd might grow much bigger and discussions on this issue might become even more relevant.

Last edited:
Perhaps it might be a good idea to agree to only discuss time in GMT from now on to avoid situations like this. This requires WRS members to be aware of their time zone expressed in GMT plus or minus x.

Alternately (perhaps even better) we could agree to express all times in the zone of the official race clock as indicated in the live racing chat?

Sjaak, Kevin, Jack, ?, a mod decision or a poll might be a good idea on this issue, especially with the coming of the full game in mind when the crowd might grow much bigger and discussions on this issue might become even more relevant.

Not really much for discussion, the "official" time zone is GMT.

However, related to this limited time window event - If someone was off by an hour from their agreed time, due to confusion, that's understandable, and we'll be sure and provide clarification going forward. One easy way to do that would be to have them GMT "Time Stamp" their time slot request. That way, we would know the time they think it is in GMT, there will not be a DQ due to a silly time zone issue, and the discussion won't be needed. :D

In short, if we run one of these again (And we most likely will, since everyone seemed to enjoy it), we have some kinks to work out. And the time zone thing is one of them. 👍

Great racing from all and a great idea aswell, felt a little fortunate to claim the honors given Mad's recent form. Cheers

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    132.4 KB · Views: 10
I'm sorry to say that upon reviewing GTP_Animera's lap, we need to DQ it for having 3 wheels off in Casio.

IMG_0644.jpg

The green area that his front left wheel is on is not the painted concrete next to the rumble strips. An example of that can be found as part of the rumble strip on the left side of Casio, and on the other side of the rumble strip at corner exits on other areas of the track. However, in those areas, it's really just part of the rumble, whereas this is not.

Going forward, we'll more clearly define the rules related to the painted green rumble strips, along the lines of how we define the over run and rumble strips at Fuji.

I also realize that this was an exceptionally difficult circumstance, with a limited time to run and turn in a clean lap.

GTP_Animera
rflagnv1.gif

Sorry about that guys. When I checked my replay before submitting, I saw the above but I thought that was part of the allowed green next to rumble strips. I'll make certain I stay away from it in the future. Once again, my apologies, I did not intentionally submit a dirty lap.

Sorry about that guys. When I checked my replay before submitting, I saw the above but I thought that was part of the allowed green next to rumble strips. I'll make certain I stay away from it in the future. Once again, my apologies, I did not intentionally submit a dirty lap.

That is an eye opener to me as well as I thought that was fine...But now I know.👍 So the Green "synthetic grass" area's are dirty? and the green "concrete" areas are clean? That's the way I now take it.

That is an eye opener to me as well as I thought that was fine...But now I know.👍 So the Green "synthetic grass" area's are dirty? and the green "concrete" areas are clean? That's the way I now take it.

Yes, but as I said, we will also clarify at Suzuka, going forward.

The intent of the rule was for areas like the degner curve (Both Exit rumbles in turn 2 entrance rumble) along with spoon exit.

There are other areas, but you get the idea.

EDK
Yes, but as I said, we will also clarify at Suzuka, going forward.

The intent of the rule was for areas like the degner curve (Both Exit rumbles in turn 2 entrance rumble) along with spoon exit.

There are other areas, but you get the idea.

Ok, thanks.👍 So the "Green concrete area's" are clean and the synthetic grass ones are dirty, I see.:) Thanks for clarifying that.:cheers:

How do we know if its synthetic or concrete? lol

It's actually very easy to tell. The concrete areas are much brighter green, and are really just part of the rumble strip, so they are the same height, and the same material.

Driver over the area in question (on the picture above). It will be clear to you very quickly that his is not a hard surface (Painted Concrete). It's a soft surface (Synthetic Grass, or netting over grass).

Again, we'll clarify further in the future, but please keep in mind that we reviewed this lap (The entire admin team) after the issue was brought to our attention by another racer. That other racer had a clear understanding of the rules, but wanted us to validate.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. How about in Fuji on the Turn 1 run-off, the green area, can you have 4 wheels off and not be disqualified?

Ok, thanks for clarifying. How about in Fuji on the Turn 1 run-off, the green area, can you have 4 wheels off and not be disqualified?

At Fuji, we've always been very clear. The set of photos shown in the qualifier thread define what is clean and dirty.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111987

The race specifics for week 39 state -

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
    [*] rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
    [*] run-off areas are not part of the track

Okay im sorry it took me so long to post this.
ive been having terrible computer troubles. :ouch:
i got my usb drive to work tho and was able to upload my replay.
i also am sorry if i did anything wrong here seeing as its my first time. :nervous:

but here is my replay :)

View attachment PS3.zip

i also am sorry if i did anything wrong here seeing as its my first time. :nervous:

but here is my replay :)

No problems with your replay Rodney. Clean and green too.
gflagjn4.gif

Sorry about that guys. I did not intentionally submit a dirty lap.

Been there, done that.
Thanks for stepping forward.

Anyone remember this shot? Opps! Week 158.

Attachments

• Suzuka BMW dirty.jpg
    Suzuka BMW dirty.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 29
GTP_DHolland -
gflagjn4.gif
Clean and Green
GTP_mad94d -
gflagjn4.gif
Clean and Green
GTP_CarlPKY -
gflagjn4.gif
Clean and Green
GTP_Lagas -
gflagjn4.gif
Clean and Green

Just need GTP_DGiant2000's replay from D4.

GTP_DGiant2000

Unless I'm misinterpreting the rules, it's a dirty lap. That bit of tarmac under the bridge out of Degner 2, all 4 wheels are left of the white line. Does this count as run-off area? I'm presuming it does.

Back