• 96 comments
Deux_Milles
greenflag-gif.701695

GTP_DTM
greenflag-gif.701695

ajh_1990
greenflag-gif.701695

Woo! I submitted the right clean lap!

Well done everyone, that is some great lap times!

Now shared for you.

Tags:
gtpwrs004
Amggt3

Shared my replay, will try and check some later when I get back from the pantomime... :boggled:

Shared my replay, will try and check some later when I get back from the pantomime... :boggled:
I am a rookie so I would like another member to look at your replay but it looks like you are off the track just after turn three.

I am a rookie so I would like another member to look at your replay but it looks like you are off the track just after turn three.

Having checked the replay I can confirm that it is a dirty lap, sorry @DGiant2000 you went all 4 off at time marker 17.938

GTP_DGiant2000
redflag-gif.152574

Sorry,I can't post in the right thread because it's allready in the archive.
I would like to know what the exact 'borders' are considering what's meant to be as a 'typo'.
Given the fact that there's one corrected this week,there are still 3 left in week 2 who I unfortunately had to give a red flag because the times of replays didn't match with the board.
Don't get me wrong,it's nothing personal against Ph7sher but some clarification for this matter would be appreciated.

I would like to know what the exact 'borders' are considering what's meant to be as a 'typo'.
Given the fact that there's one corrected this week,there are still 3 left in week 2 who I unfortunately had to give a red flag because the times of replays didn't match with the board.
Don't get me wrong,it's nothing personal against Phisher but some clarification for this matter would be appreciated.

Erik,
By my knowledge we always approved an one digit typo backed up by a replay.
Which happened to Phisher.
Two digits typos or more are a disqualification.

The guys who missed a part of the replay is a problem of GTS and EDK rules about that.

Don't get me wrong,it's nothing personal against Ph7sher but some clarification for this matter would be appreciated.
This is what I said in the other thread.

"It's a bit of a technicality in this case.

What we're trying to prevent is a scenario in which the deadline becomes irrelevant.

It would be very easy for someone to keep running after the deadline and then share a replay that's faster than their submission.

So we've been clear cut when the submitted time is totally different from the replay, in a way that is not a typo, we are just going to DQ those laps.

Your case is slightly different, the seconds match exactly and the splits match what you posted in here."

We've had some instances in which people got confused about what their actual lap time was, and submitted a time that did not match the replay they had available.

In the case of this lap, there was an obvious error, a one digit typo. The splits match those that were posted in the race thread as well.

So we have a very good idea of when the lap was run (prior to the deadline), and we're going to allow it in the results.

When contacted about the issue, I did not have a problem with leaving it in, but left the ultimate decision to @Vaxen , since he is the one who has to deal with it when posting the results.

The big difference here is, if for example, someone submitted a 1:22.200, and then 3 days after the results shared their replay and said, "Oops, my lap was really a 1'21.800", that's what we are trying to prevent.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the lap time DQ's we've had leading up to this (and they are really black flags) have been due to something closer to that second instance I posted.

Guys, you may not have picked up on it, but the replay checks for this week are no longer 100% of the drivers.

Drivers who have completed three events and are not on a division podium or significantly over-performing their handicap will not need to be checked. The OP of the thread notes required checks for this week.

Also note that the leaderboard results will show the far right icon greyed out for those not requiring a replay. In turn, verified replays have a green icon, those requiring a check that's not been verified have a red icon. It's a quick way to tell who is left to check.

We will continue to reduce the replay check workload as the weeks pass, so thanks for all you are doing in these early weeks in terms of verification.

Important - It's always important to save and keep your replay, at least until the event results become official. We always reserve the right to request additional replays as required when working our way through the results for a given week.

And your fellow racers may always request to see a replay as well.

You are of course welcome to share your replay, even if a check is not deemed required. But if your result is not noted with a required check, you will be placed in the results, either way.

EDK
Does not compute. :confused:

I totally agree! It does not compute? @Bass Addict.. never put a green flag next a replay that you haven't really watched! In future reviewing please watch the lap carefully and every single second of the lap as it defeats the purpose of verifying altogether if you don't 👍

Also it makes you look a bit careless :P

Jeeez, quite a few things going wrong this time around :guilty:
DGiant, how could that happen to you buddy, really sorry.

To add my bit to typos and other mishaps: I put typo in when I shared my lap (tagged it gtpwr004 instead of gtpwrS004, droppped the s.)
So I have shared again now, tag gtpwrs004 this time spelled out correctly.
gtpwrs004
branding
exercise

I totally agree! It does not compute? @Bass Addict.. never put a green flag next a replay that you haven't really watched! In future reviewing please watch the lap carefully and every single second of the lap as it defeats the purpose of verifying altogether if you don't 👍

Also it makes you look a bit careless :P
I apologize for my mistake...:embarrassed:

I looked at this replay as though my life was on the line...:nervous: of course you might want to double check me.

Turok-134-
greenflag-gif.152575

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at this replay as though my life was on the line...:nervous: of course you might want to double check me.

Turok-134-
greenflag-gif.152575
I would just say that we appreciate everyone pitching in, but we also want quality over quantity. If you're not completely sure of what you're looking at, seek a second opinion.

There are some tricky boundary things on this week with all the extra stuff behind rumble strips, just important to scrutinize it closely.

Sorry to ask such a noobie question, but what’s the handicap thing & how does it work?

It may be just because I’ve been at work since 9 this morning but I can’t get my head around it, could someone please explain it to me or share a link to a thread that does (I had a quick look but couldn’t find anything)

Latest Posts

Back